Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

?I personally believe this: We have only today; yesterday's gone and tomorrow is uncertain. That's why they call it the present. And sobriety really is a gift... for those who are willing to receive it.?
    ― Ace Frehley, No Regrets: A Rock'n'Roll Memoir

Hey look! It's already week 4!

How're you doing, Witts?

Rusty, we haven't been on the boat this summer. In fact Mr. D is trying to sell it. But he said yesterday that since he hasn't had any luck with selling it, he's going to go ahead and insure it and we will go boating soon! Good thing, too. The grandson is itching to go for a boat ride.

Star, Lav, Cyn, Pmom, everyone, have a great AF Monday!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hi Dill & thanks for getting week 4 going
    I had my hands full of little boys & goldens this morning!
    I can just imagine the excitement building with the kids & the boat! Hope you can get out on the water soon.

We had enough rain this afternoon to float a boat or two, crazy popup T storms
    I still hear rumbling going on out there. Better go close up the chicken house before they get drenched.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

I'm doing great thanks dill
      day 26 woohoo

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hi everyone-I'm here-just hard finding time to do anything but work and take care of kids. Tonite I treated myself to the last Bruins game of the year. So sad. I thought it would go to a game 7 for sure.

Sorry everyone but no new job. salary was 12K less than what I'm making. oh well. Still trying to find motivation to get up each morning and make the 45 min drive in. Thursday I have to have a talk with my one direct report. She's got some behavior problems and my boss wants them stopped, now. I don't have the experience to do this so I'm relying on web articles. Luckily she is a part time contractor, no union but we can't afford to lose her either. I'm sort of pissed my boss hasn't addressed this already-she's had a year to do it. She has no problem criticizing me that' s for sure!

This weekend was insane with a 2 day event in South Boston. A dock dogs event. Fun but HOT! I got ill on Saturday and seriously had doubts about driving the hour home. Sunday was even hotter but I had a helper so didn't work as hard plus I brought lots of ice and water. 2 long 8 hour days. Good money but wiped me out!

I had a chance to read back. Everyone seems to be doing well and enjoying the summer weather.

Witts-thanks for the intro!! You sure have your hands full! When did you ever find time to drink? I'm serious! I'm sorry about your mum. What a shock for you and the whole family. Glad to hear your DIL and son are OK tho. Jeez, tough year!!

Cyn and Lav-I too get wicked stiff sitting for long periods of time. Not really acceptable to get up and walk around every 20 min tho. I'm telling ya, the culture in this office sucks.

Rusty-good to hear from you.

Pers-how is the GF and SF life going? are you seeing improvements at all?

Dill- you sound surprisingly good considering your new life. I'm so glad you and Mr D will get the boat launched and take the kids out. Nothing better than being on the water-does a soul good. You have my awe and respect for what you are doing to help you son.

Star- any luck in isolating what you are allergic too? I'm glad things are better with your son. Hang in there and keep getting that vitamin D!!

did I miss any one?

Time to try to get some sleep.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning to all...

Pap, allergy doctor tomorrow, so hopefully will find out what I need to avoid. Sounds like an exciting weekend, buy busy. So sorry your job is difficult. When you say someone at work has behavior problems, do you mean not getting work done, fighting with other staff? That is why I never wanted to be a manager, it would be so hard to get people to change. Good luck.

Wittsend, thanks so much for sharing your life with us. So sorry about your mother and the stress of your children and their health issues. Have you noticed that you feel healthier and stronger the longer the AF time accumulates?

Dill, loved the quote, "sobriety is really a gift, for those who are willing to receive it." I think once we can wrap our head around the gift part, we are more likely to treasure feeling healthy, whole, and AF. Being in the present, noticing the little things that are so precious, a rainy summer morning like today, for instance, can only be appreciated if you wake up feeling well. The boat sounds fun, you, your grandsons and husband will so enjoy spending time on a lake. Lucky you!!!

I had a really hard Monday, but got through it. Just felt worried, not wanting to go into work, felt like I need and want a summer staycation. Rainy today so going into work is OK.

Wishing everyone well and have a good Tuesday.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning June friends!

Overcast but not raining at the moment, hot & humid, yuck.
            I have to shove Maxie in the car shortly - time for her yearly check up at the vet
            I also have work coming in this week so I will make myself ready

Papmom, sorry work has become such a dog for you!
            There's not much we can do to change the work environment but we can change our attitudes. All the years I worked in hospitals is a good example of that. That's why making your home environment peaceful & welcoming is so important. Just be grateful you don't have a YB there destroying your peace

Witts, you sure have had a busy & stressful time. So glad you found us & hopped on the sober bus with us

Greetings to one & all, wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Thanks everyone I feel stronger everyday and haven't regretted my choice one bit
              I started drinking when the triplets turned 18 3 drivers licences different directions and I ended up with 4 daughter-in laws at once ( not a happy time ) hubby also was suffering from bi-polo at the time but he is good now (wouldn't go to doctor about it ) I was the punching bag sort of speak
              Oh well all past now
              just concentrating on being af and free

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good Evening June Bugs,

Witts Thank you for introducing yourself to us and sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.:l What a shock it must have been for you, and you must have just been exhausted having to deal with your profound sadness, and your own recovery from surgery, AND your 3 sisters. GEEEZZZ...stick with us. We're a very caring group. SIX kids?? Wow, and a set of triplets, and a bi-polar afflicted husband. You sure have had your share of stress. I have never been to Australia but dream of going there someday. Aussie accents are so cool. Have you gotten to know any of the friendly Underoos in the General Discussion Forum? It's no secret here that I have a mad crush on Guitarista.:h I asked him to marry me 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for an answer.:H

Pap-thanks for papping in and giving us an update on the job situation. Sorry to hear the offer was too low.:l Oh how I know your pain when you say you have to try hard to be motivated to go to work. How did the "chat" go with the woman who has behavioral problems?

Cyn-did you finish your project?

Dill- I, loved that quote. Thank you for searching for it and posting it. Sobriety really is a gift, and man, it sure took me a long time to figure that out.That's sooo great that Mr. D insured the boat so now you can enjoy it this summer. I hope you can break away and have some alone time on it while you still have it.

Star-I sure hope this allergy doctor is the answer for you. A staycation is exactly what I'm taking next week.

Lav-hope you get a kidless day of rest tomorrow.

Yawn....I am stuck at the airport....my flight to Detroit has been delayed by an hour and a half. AARRGGGHHH!!!!!! SIGH.

Perse-how are you feeling today?

Big hellos to anyone I didn't mention.....I'll be back later in the week. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

P.S.-Thank you, Dill, for starting us off on Week 4. Glad you didn't wait for me to start this week's thread.:H

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Hi All,
                    Witts-thanks for the extra info. You sure had lots of stuff happening at once didn't you? No wonder you just wanted to check out for a while! Well, we're glad you among the sober now. Just think, sober means you can be ready for anything that comes your way. Everyday you'll collect more and more tools for dealing with all sorts of things. Stick with us OK?
                    Rusty-did you finally make it out of the airport and get back home? I'm jealous you have a staycation coming up!

Star-good luck at the allergist. Hope whatever it is is easily treatable.

Lav-Maxie check out OK? You are so right about making the house the place for tranquility after rotten work days. I really need to start concentrating on that. Right now its almost the last place I want to be.

Dill-love that quote!

Had a decent day today at work. I actually felt like I was able to be in charge for once (boss in on vaca). I put out some fires and made some decisions. I did talk to my report. It went about the way I expected and definitely not worse. She kind of knew she was exhibiting the behaviors and wants to work on them. She also doesn't want her "personality" stifled so I approached it from a customer service aspect as well as telling her what the office perception is and I could back everything up with examples!! She is very reactive (loudly although doesn't swear thank god)and can be very snippy making it difficult to approach her. She reminds me of myself 15-20 years ago and I shared some things about me that had to change and how I wish my supervisor had taken me aside all those years ago instead of me finding out for myself I wasn't very well liked and considered "difficult" by the staff who I didn't even supervise. I hoped all that sharing helped her see how change can be very helpful and we ended the talk by agreeing that she would try different tools to change her behavior as much as possible. I also gave her some nice sincere compliments to end the session (I stayed away from the BS sandwich). So I feel pretty good about it all and hope my boss agrees when I tell her how it went next week. I just hope it doesn't all backfire on me.

Jeez,it's after 11 and I'm not the least bit tired. Not good!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning...up at at'm early today.

Pap, glad your day went well. Interesting sharing about how to manage someone who is not self-aware. Office culture can be difficult. Heck, work culture has to be managed. Right now I work in a small office, so less people to handle. I loved your approach, she is lucky to have someone so caring.

Rusty, so great to hear from you. Jealous of your staycation next week. No, seriously, I have a feeling lots of people will take off next week. Hope the weather is good so lots of outdoor activities. Any special plans for the 4th? I have a cookout to go to, then on the 5th, supposed to go and visit an old friend an hour away. The rest of the time to myself. I like balance, how about you?

Lav, what's up? I don't know how you did it, difficult job, crabby husband, no sanctuary. I would have cracked after a time. I need to come home and just relax and feel loved. Most of the time I do. I've been looking up info on mindfulness and found some good stuff. I want to post the link but not lose my post...not quite sure I can do that right now.

Dill, we have been getting some powerful storms and much needed rain. Has it been coming your way? Isn't it great to think that you can enjoy all the seasons now, no more work! Wow.

Wittsend, glad you are hear and moving forward on your journey. Your story touched my heart.

To all, have a great day.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Good morning June friends

Yep, another day of stifling heat, humidity & pop up T storms here. I thank the gods for AC or I would just melt into a puddle.....I never did have much tolerance for this stuff

Papmom, glad your day went well yesterday!
                        I can remember having a chat with my supervisor telling her how hard it was to be the 'eternal grownup' at work, having to straighten out everyone's problems day after day. Her response was 'Well, that's what you get paid the big bucks for' :H :H
                        You really almost need two personalities - one for work & one for the rest of your life!

Star, I used to immerse myself in a good book or even a sewing project to disconnect from my daily woes or family situation. I don't seem to do either anymore but I do spend time with my meditation downloads & thoroughly enjoy time spent with the grandkids. One thing I'm not doing anymore is wasting my time & energy trying to make people happy who just don't want to be happy

I am actually getting myself out to Curves this morning - haven't been there since last Wednesday, have missed going.
                        Wishing everyone a great AF Hump day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Yes, Star, strong storms last night. Lots of branches down.

I just flat out have no time to address everyone properly but I want to let you know I'm still here, just busy with grand kid duties and other seasonal activities. I hope to get a break soon. For now:

Have an AF Humpday everyone!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

hello everyone
                            weather wet and chilly her to-day
                            day 28 and feeling great
                            trying to get back into some of my hobbies but having trouble finding bits and pieces will have to do a big spring clean to find everything ( good day to stay inside and start )
                            thanks everyone really appreciate it

Comment

Jazzy June ~ Week 4

Lots of rain here, now it can stop.

So happy it is Thursday, coming to the end of the work week. We are going to my daughter's this weekend, big family meet up and looking forward to it. Going to see my Dad for the first time since his surgeries, so kind of anxious.

Lav, I could see getting lost in something you liked. Are you reading anything good lately? I don't have a lot of time to exercise during the work week, but will have time this weekend, I hope.

Wittsend, hobbies are important to fill time and find enjoyment. Hope you find your stuff.

Hi Dill, take time for yourself.

Hope and happiness to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X