af TUESDAY 25 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af TUESDAY 25 June

MAE - yep I am back again, risen from the sleep thing. I got bored with my dreams so got up!!

I conked out early last night which is not good as I then wake up too early but I am sure it will all right itself (my sleepy byes I mean).
    Another busy day but thats Ok - builders coming early to fit the last of the kitchen fixtures (a blue splash back included) - once this is done I can think about the rest of the colour scheme for the room - as its a kitchen/living room. Nothing fancy but my trip to Barcelona has had me watering at the mouth with the joy of colour - I love color! In nature, fabrics, paint - whatever - sorry folks! (my daughter and I can wax lyrical about shades for hours. She has a fantastic eye for colour and light).

Lavande - sorry you are sticking to the furniture. Cool baths help? Opposite problem here - polar temperatures!

Mick - thanks for the weird pics and weirder jokes. Getting ready for your big one year soon - or will it be a quiet self-pat on the back? You have really done a sterling job and been so supportive to us all. I know there have been some crappy times for you too.

PPQP - hope you are surviving the hecticness. I have a workshop management training session today (I am a student this time) - dont like these things! It always brings out the naughty schoolgirl in me.

June - thanks for the recipe suggestions. Pretty much what we do for quick family meals except we cant get some of the frozen stuff here. Tonight the troops are having left-over lentil/spinach lasagne that I made in the weekend. It turned out a bit soggy but tastes delicious and is healthy-ish.
    So glad that you and Bear are embracing the sober route. Its much much easier than trying to moderate (once you kick the initial hurdles) and anyway I dont think modding works for most of us here. But it took me decades of stopping and starting and fluffing around with different methods before I quit. I still occasionally get nervous that I might stuff it up - especially when I get crappy medical test results back (I know thats self defeating and irrational but all the hard work does not always show up inside our damaged bodies - contrary to popular myths).

Det - hope you had a sound sleep and be a good Determinator on the road. You know the tricks - AL is poison to you. Very much so.

To end - my lovely English mate (the one I caught up with recently in Bristol) sent me a postcard that has some grim faced abstaining women on it with the motto
    "Lips That Touch Liquor Shall Not Touch Ours". It is very funny and shows that she is right behind me (and still can have a laugh). I'll try to scan it and post it here one of these days.

Offski now - here's some tea and coffee - you all behave yourselves and delete the word/concept ANXIOUS from your neurons (hear me Bear?) and don't melt away Lavande!

af TUESDAY 25 June

weird - lost my post from earlier and last few days show zero posts in total - anyone else having problems?Day 9 here!
    one day at a time

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

hi TT - wish I could borrow you or your daughter for some colour scheme ideas for our place. I have no concept of what looks good, as can be seen by my many hideously coloured sample pots! :H Hope your sleep patterns settle back soon - probably when you're due for your next trip!

Bear - great work on day 9!

Just want to stick my head in the sand with the renos. We had a great weekend spent a bit of time by the sea and river, which does a body good! This is the Swan River in Perth. Beautiful sunny winter's day...(spot the jellyfish, Mick?!)

PPQ - saw the rainy havoc in your part of the world. Lovely to see people coming together to help. Oh, and I saw "Liar" too, but most of the others eluded me. Will save the animals in landscape one for later.

Will need to head back to yesterday, as I've forgotten the posts already...damn senile old brain

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Morning - up since 5am - worry re work. Funnily enough spoke to one of other managers who says she often feels isolated in this role as well and it can be hard as we are miles away from our manager/other management team.Made me feel a bit better.Difficult decision to make today involving two strong characters - it will be a yes to only one of them.Oh well - part of the territory - and I've dealt with worse.

It's day 10 today - got my counting mixed up - and what day it was!!Long day ahead and am planning to do half hour of 'home exercise' rather than hitting the gym due to time - still makes me sweat and does the trick.

Anyway - off to face the day - funny how I feel so anxious in early am when I wake up - once the day is here I feel better.Bit of a headache but am sure it will pass.
        one day at a time

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

mae all...and how are we today?good to go ? excellent lets move the bus on!weather outside id lovely...rabbits are out playing ,sun is really out to play too.....the worlds a beautiful place.

tea and coffee on the go just now..got an appointment tonight with the consultant,to see what they are going to do surgery wise on the trapped nerves in my fingers..hopefully nowt just now...I have been doing a lot of exercises with /on it and got some feeling back into it..last thing I really want is to be chopped up!!

evening TT....hows the sleeping moods? getting anywhere back to normal yet?My daughter phoned up last night..with a cunning plan..sort of goes like this "hi mum,I was thinking....you know how I sit my finals on Friday (midwifery)and it all finishes in July..and I dont start work proper as a midwife till October,I was thinking of going out to New Zealand for a couple of months to stay with ..E thats a friend of ours who is in plaster and cant travel home.....crunch line..can you LEND me the air fare..interesting concept of the definition of the word lend methinks!.I know E lives up near Kuya somewhere..we shall see what happens.

Hiya bear on day 9 ..how are you ?you at work today or out in the sunshine?

Morning ppqp...how are you today? Wow that was a fair crowd at the stadium.. bottom left..ldy is wearing a top/tshirt with what looks like a white cross on a blue back ground...yep the saltire flag of Scotland!!we get everywhere!!how is the garden looking?Well done on finding the word by the way ..did you find the dolphins?I went back to the animals pic...so far counted 113 in that picture ..every time you look at it more appear?Glad things are ok with you

Morning Toronto terror...how are you today?...your post.." Looks like another hot hazy humid one here." and there was me thinking you were talking about the weather ..not being self descriptive!":H hows life with you today? another one into yoga / there are few in here that do itNot really too clever that...gazing at the moon whilst riding a bike!!all this moon talk has brought a famous band into my head..saw them live years and years ago..fantastic...anyone guess?

Morning Lav ..what a grand opening line...is it really only 8.45!!Mind you on kidwatch reckon you need the time to fly!!Any plans for today?apart from the coffee?Any chance of a trade on some cherry jam?yum yum..just lookin at what you had said ...I have sort of turned into ? as far as foods are concerned ..I hardly eat red meat,eat lots of chicken,fish,veg drink soya milk dont eat cheese or bread..getting real fussy in my old age!!!

Hiya a non sweaty perspiring Yah!!!!well done on aircon being fixed You nearly up and running now?

Good morning SF...what an excellent post..and I think if most of us here reflected on that we would come up with the same..drinking alcohol wasnt the problem..it was the resulting effect that we were after..booze was just the method of achieving it in the shortest possible time One or two drinks was just crap..in fact I could never just sit like that making one last all night. just been sitting thinking...so why do we do it? is it a feeling of lack ofself worth,confidence, insecurity or personal opinion or the opinion of others we need to reassure ourselves of ..ok last get pissed and show everyone what a great person I am and that I am so good and the world needs me,this confident outgoing assured person...that actually works ..up to a point..but then you think ,I did this when no one was there too, so who was I trying to kid then? bit deep for early doors ..but any thoughts ideas anyone?

righty ho ..tis time to go tatty bye cya

watch the columns move!!

g" alt="" />

what is it ..Aface or an eskimo going into a cave?

count the faces

A woman was sitting in the bath....

....when there was a knock on the door.
          Oh no, she thought. I can't let anyone in here while I'm taking a bath. "Who is it?" she called out in trepidation.
          "It's the blind man," came the reply.
          Well, I suppose if it's a blind man there's no harm letting him in, thought the woman, and she told the man to come in.
          A man in overalls walked in holding a tape measure and wearing a tool belt. "Nice tits love," he said. "Where do you want your blind?"

"Where do you want this big roll of bubble wrap?" I asked my boss.

"Just pop it in the corner," he said.
          It took me three hours.

Larry gets home late one night and his wife, Linda, says, "Where in the hell have you been?"
          Larry replies, "I was out getting a tattoo."
          "A tattoo?" she frowned. "What kind of tattoo did you get?"
          "I got a hundred dollar bill on my privates," he said proudly.
          "What the hell were you thinking?" she said, shaking her head in disdain. "Why on earth would an accountant get a hundred Dollar bill tattooed on his privates?"
          "Well, one, I like to watch my money grow. Two, once in a while I like to play with my money. Three, I like how money feels in my hand. And, lastly, instead of you going out shopping, you can stay right here at home and blow a hundred bucks anytime you want."

A blacksmith asked his apprentice, "Have you ever shoed a horse?"
          He replied: "No, but i once told a donkey to fuck off"

What do you call a drunk dinosaur?

Stagger-saurus.

A Snowman walks into a bar..

...The Batender gets angry and yells "WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYTHING WEIRD END UP IN MY BAR?"

A Chinese guy goes to the eye doctor.

After the exam the doctor said, "I know why you're having trouble."
          The Chinese guy asks, "Why?"
          Doctor said, "You have a cataract."
          Chinese guy says, "No, I have a Rincoln Continental."

What do you get when you cross the Atlantic with the Titanic?

About half-way.

Doug comes home very drunk one night...

He sneaks upstairs to his bedroom and passes out next to his wife, Shirley. All of a sudden, his room fills with a bright light and hovering over the foot of the bed is an angel. Doug is very frightened and has no idea what is going on. The angel says, "Doug, don't be afraid. I am come to tell you that you are dead. You died of alcohol poisoning."
          Doug is upset, scared, saddened, everything all at once. "Dead? I never even got to say goodbye to my wife!"
          The angel looks at him and tells him, "Well, I guess the good news is that we aren't taking you to heaven, as that doesn't actually exist. We just do reincarnation based off of the merits of your past life. After viewing your past deeds, you can choose to be reincarnated as a hen or a deer."
          Doug thinks it over a moment and realizes that there is a chicken farm up the street. He may have a shot at seeing his wife again if he is a chicken. "I will be a hen," he says, and with the snap of the angel's fingers, Doug is a Hen. It is daylight, Doug is outside marveling at the world around him. He looks at his new wings and feet, amazed at the transformation.
          As Doug is standing there, starting to figure out how to peck the grass to get food, the rooster shows up. "Hey, you are new here aren't you?" the rooster asks.
          "Yes. I am new here still figuring out this whole hen thing." Doug replied.
          "Have you laid an egg yet? That is basically all you need to do if you want to stay alive here."
          "I don't know how."
          "Well just relax. If you relax, you will just lay an egg like it is no problem at all."
          Doug relaxes and concentrates. All of a sudden he feels something stirring within him. He relaxes even more and pop! Out comes his first egg. Doug is overwhelmed with feelings of love at having laid his first egg. He thinks that this is what mother's must feel, and it is amazing. He starts feeling another stirring, and pop! Out comes the second egg. Doug starts tearing up and crying because of his accomplishments. He starts feeling the stirrings of motherhood a third time and feels a huge SMACK on the back of his head.
          Shirley yells, "DOUG! WAKE UP! YOU'RE CRAPPING THE BED AGAIN!"
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Blondie ..hiya .wow what a lovely picture ..thanks for posting it
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Just trying to picture what naughty schoolgirl antics you could get up to in a management workshop. Good luck with the rest of the renos.

Bear...congrats on day 10. Keep it up. It does make us feel better when someone else expresses our own feelings. Makes you not feel so alone. Good luck with the difficult decision today.

Blondie...I hear you about the renos. It always sounds like such a good idea in the beginning! Your weekend spot looks so peaceful and tranquil.

Mick...trust you to find the Scot in the pic, kinda like a Where's Waldo! Good luck at the consultants, maybe the work you've been doing on it will curtail the surgey. Fingers crossed. Ouch!

Off to drink Mick's coffee now and read the jokes. Can't get the eyeballs to focus on the pics this morning so will try at work lol. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Hello from Alabama,

Reading back, it sounds like all are doing well. Wunderbar!!!

Weather odd here, not as warm as usual for this time of year, not complaining, though. Overcast and 80s today.

Ticks are thriving, though. We have to pick them off just walking across the back yard. I am starting every day using Eau D'DEET here.

Starting a cleaning/painting business with both my children. Trying to do it on a shoestring to get started. We shall see.

Off to find out about licensing and bonding, etc. Critical for most contractors.

PPQP, It is heartwarming to see so many volunteers show up. I hope the cleanup goes well.

Y@H, You are my favorite Mad Abber. :H

Waves to all and to all a truly sober Tuesday.
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Morning all! (ha i tried to say abbies but my spellcheck wants to call you babies!)

I have a couple of questions now that you have so kindly embraced me in your group.
                  1. What is MAE (I decided morning and evening?)
                  2. Why is pourquoi called PPQP?
                  3. How do you remember everyone who posted ahead of you. I do the advanced thing but it only goes 10 posts and then if I try to go further I lose my reply!
                  4. How do I post a photo?

Meanwhile, it's always a pleasure to see you here. I've checked out the moderation threads at times and it reminds me of me before I came to MWO. It was a stress always thinking about when I could drink and how much I could drink and then feeling shitty when I drank more! I know this is where I belong. Times I yearn for that romantic moderate drinking lifestyle I come here and remember why it's not real.

Cinders I think we have your weather? Heat wave up here!

Mick good luck with the consultant, I hope there's an alternative to surgery for you.I saw liar yesterday but I usually read your posts early in the day and forget to come back to them. Love your photos and your insights!

Treetops I'll put some more recipes in the recipe thread as I go along. On the nest thread a poster posted "If one, then why not none?". Made sense to me because let's face it one is never enough.

Bear day 10 that's awesome I bet you're feeling bright? Tough work you do, can't keep everyone happy, big responsibility!

blondie what a peaceful photo. Thanks for sharing!

I'm busy today, ironing done, laundry sorted, heading to the grocery to stock up on fruits and veggies (I am so sick of carbs and sugar, hopefully this is a turning point) and then 1-9 pm shift at work.

Thanks for your continual support and encouragement that's what keeps me going as well as reading all of your stories and advice!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

3June2013;1523765 wrote: Morning all! (ha i tried to say abbies but my spellcheck wants to call you babies!)

I have a couple of questions now that you have so kindly embraced me in your group.
                    1. What is MAE (I decided morning and evening?)
                    2. Why is pourquoi called PPQP?
                    3. How do you remember everyone who posted ahead of you. I do the advanced thing but it only goes 10 posts and then if I try to go further I lose my reply!
                    4. How do I post a photo?
                    :H:H....you should have stuck with "babies"

1. Morning Afternoon Evening, but you were close.
                    2. Porqoui (french for why) shortened to PQ, then extra "P" for Positive and the last "P" for Pas (french for not) so I became Positive Why Not! :H
                    3. Just open MOW twice. Then you can flip back and forth from the thread you're posting on to the one you're reading.
                    4. I use "Photobucket" to post "IMG" pictures. I will PM you the instructions. Others use different programs.

Glad you're feeling the love 3J...oh, that's the other thing we used to do....shorten peoples names....PPQP

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Gotcha ppqp... Its mwo :H

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Mick;1523833 wrote: Gotcha ppqp... Its mwo :H
                        And while on phone.......it's Extreme MWO :H

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

hidy ho ABenators!

typing from a hotel in Sacramento. been raining like mad all the drive here.

Treetops, thanks for the colorful kickstart. I must get to Europe!

SunFlower, great post yesterday. resonated well with me.

Blondie, what a loverly pic! I never made it to W.A. just hung out in FNQ for the most part.

there is a nice Thai joint within walking distance of my hotel which is nice. I try to stay near Asian restaurants since they are not big on wine (my former poison of choice).

3June, I use tinypic.com to upload photos. then I select the size recommended for forums and message boards. then you copy the link from there and simply paste it into your post here. that's the quicky version anyhow.

off to get my chili pepper fix!

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

af TUESDAY 25 June

Good evening Abbers

Almost posted a hello this morning but was interrupted, then I had to run the large dog to the vet, then my daughter & granddaughter decided to come visit, then we had to go do a little shopping, then I had to fix dinner.....you get the idea :H

Hello to everyone & Cindi - good luck with your new startup business!
                              Very nice pic blondie, thanks!
                              TT, I hope you behaved yourself at your seminar today :H
                              Mick, your pics are quite unique & fun!
                              June, I use Photobucket to post pics - easy!
                              Det, Thai food is awesome, hope you enjoyed yourself
                              Hello to YahYah, SF, PQ & anyone I may have missed.

Not much else going on in my world today, grateful it didn't rain like yesterday - that was crazy!!!

Have a good night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X