AF Wed 26 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Wed 26 June

MAE although its definitely morning here!
    Quick check in with the tea and coffee - have to get ready for another long day and more meetings.
    Brain not quite awake yet so I will leave witticisms to others.

Have a great AL free Wed or what some of you guys call hump day

AF Wed 26 June

mae everyone and how are we?its just turned 7 over here (am) and already rabbits are out playing coffee has been made, and the world is a beeeoootiful place!!!Well it would be ..but was at the doctors last night...defo got to go for an operation so not too chuffed with that..especially with me left arm in plaster for at least a fortnight...here you are ..useless info time.do you know why 2 weeks is called a fortnight? its because in ancient times ..time was traked in days ..ergo 2 weeks was fourteen nights...and was shortened to fort..there you go stun and shock your friends ..be the star at parties with a mind full of useless shi..!!

right here we go tea n coffee on the fire!

morning TT how are you? your brain must be frazzled..a day full of meetings yeuch i always used to carry a radio in meetings..and I had an arrangement with the control room..if a meeting was boring me or just needed a break ,I would press the pressel on the radio without saying anything..this would be seen on the control room log...10/15 minutes later I would get a call to say I was required for something somewhere..got quite famous for it..so much so that I had to put some real ones in sometimes!!!hope your evening is better

Hiya blondie ..hows you? what have you been up to today? anything?Yep save the animals one for when you are really bored out your tree..it reminds me of the Tree of Life in Animal Kngdom in Florida..my final count was 138, but daresay if I went back I could find more and more

Morning bear..how was your day?dont forget...you work to live...not the other way around ..its so easy to forget that at times ..so remember and treat yourself now n again no matter how small well day 11 for you...still got notes on my early days..Day 11..scuse the French..."feeling absolute shit today,just posted on the forum,but tbh need to get my head round this properly.Dont give a f.ck (full word)I will do this..got a message from F today so that helped.soon be 2 wks in"
    And now I am 8 days off a year....what I am saying is we all go through the same guff...but if we persist we can do it.

Morning ppqp..hows you today? ok I hope..was reading that the Canadian government have pumped loads of money into the stricken areas of Alberta ..well done them..this bunch weve got in power..if we got flooded would give you a boat ..at a push!!!Any plans for today or is it all about getting back to normal?Nope my bestest bluff failed at the docs..its the knife for moi..manged to delay it till after 15th Jly ...doing some work that i need use of both my arms for.anyway .have a good day.

mornnig Cinders ..and how are you?full marks on starting up the cleaning business..hope it all goes well for you ..if you need any advertising this side of the pond then give us a shout!!

hiya J3 aka bikini lady...hows you today?Well now that your head accepts for one read none you will be quids in.As for the support you are more than welcome..thats what its about.

Hiya Det....hows you then ...sitting in the gold rush capital in the rain? go and get yourself some spicy food ..yum yum..oh and no wine..but I guess dont have to tell you that any more!! you are doing ace my friend

Lav,Lav woweee what a day for you...quick brew time!!dogs,kids shopping food..whats the world coming to??So I take it today is going to be a quiet one?

well all you wunnerful peeps its Russian time for me..moscow and get some work done...have a good one.

can you find the 12 horses?

which way are you looking at the window ..up down left or right

can you find 16 faces ? if poss edit it to a bigger picture it makes it easier

The other night I was invited out for a night with the 'girls.'

I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, 'I promise!'
    Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily. Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times.
    I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when totally smashed... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals = 12 cuckoos MIDNIGHT!)
    The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him 'MIDNIGHT'... he didn't seem pissed in the least.......... Whew, I got away with that one!
    Then he said 'We need a new cuckoo clock.' When I asked him why, he said, 'Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times then said 'oh shit.' Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.
    "Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"
    Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
    He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"
    Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.
    She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
    The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly, "Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very, very closely:
    Are - my - test - results - back?"

Why was Putin late for dinner with Obama?

Because he got Snowden.

What's the difference between a peeping tom and a pickpocket?

Well, the pickpocket snatches watches,

A redneck was walking by his local community college and sees a sign out front that says, logic classes. Interested, he goes inside, finds the professor and starts up a conversation.
    "So what is logic anyways?"
    "Let me explain it to you this way," the professor says eagerly, "Do you own a weed whacker?"
    "Yes I do," the redneck replies.
    "Well then logically, you must own a yard, correct?"
    "Yes, I certainly do!"
    "Well, logically if you have a yard, you own a house? And if you have a house, you must have a family."
    "By God, that's all right."
    "Then logically if you have a family, you must be a heterosexual."
    "Absolutely right, wow that's some incredible stuff!"
    So the redneck leaves and heads to the bar where he excitedly tells his friend about his encounter and logic lesson. But his friend is having trouble understanding and asks him, "So what is logic?"
    The redneck says, "Let me explain it to you this way: do you own a weed whacker?"
    "No."
    "Then you're a faggot."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Good luck with the meetings, they too shall pass.

Mick...sorry to hear you're going to have to go the knife route, hope that's the answer for you. BTW I actually knew the meaning of fortnight HAH! Ended up taking the day off yesterday as things were just a little crazy at work. We had a function cancel on Monday due to the floods so prepared and packaged all the food and took it to one of the volunteer centres, ended up feeding 200 tired and hungry heros. Today will see me catch up on yesterdays work and then it's a bridge club windup dinner and cards this evening. Looking forward to it as I think it will get my mind off of everything that's going on in the city. Local TV stations are advising people to pay attention to how you're feeling as things can become so overwhelming.

3J...got to say I spotted that bikini right off. Must be all the practicing I've been doing with Mick's posts.

Lav...hope your day is a little less active as yesterday.

Have to go and feed this rumbling tummy so have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Good morning Abbers!

Not exactly looking forward to more heat, humidity & T storms but that's what has been promised, oh well.
        I am actually getting my tired self to Curves this morning, haven't been there since last Wednesday.

TT, hope you have had a good day

Mick, I am going to try to keep life down to a dull roar today, but not making any promises :H
        And where have I seen that joke about the student nurse & the test results before? :H
        I'm not holding out too much hope for my veggie garden, I've seen a deer out there nosing around every day this week.

PQ, I really hope folks can avoid feeling overwhelmed with all of the cleanup work. As you know there have been so many towns destroyed here in the US by hurricanes & tornados recently. It just takes a lot of time & effort to make things right :l

Greetings to YahYah, bear, blondie & everyone checking in today. Hope we all have a great AF Hump day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Good Morning! Ops I mean MAE

Sorry to hear the news Mick, but I was thinking, at least surgery is an option, it would be worse if they said you're stuck with this nothing we can do to help you.
          A tough day ahead at work, I'm expecting an interrogation re an incident earlier this week. It will be fine but I hate feeling under attack. The weather is amazing, why people complain is beyond me. We have months of cold then as soon as it warms up they whine. Never happy. Speaking of happy (or wine) I think my moods are way better these days. Not so crabby. I used to blame hormones but now I'm wondering if AL had anything to with it.

TT good morning thanks for the start. You sound like you're running I hope you can take a little down time today.

All the best to everyone else who comes by! Hi PPQP hey Lavande! Waving!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

MAE Fabbies!

3June, you are sounding just terrific. As a woman of a certain age, I will say that drinking wreaked havoc on my hormones and made little hormonal issues into major issues that have pretty much resolved now that I am off the sauce. So you have done yourself two favors! I am happy you have joined us on your journey.

I hope your day of meetings goes well, TT. It is great to have you back regularly. :l

Sorry to hear that you will be needed surgery, Mick. How much time will you be needing for healing afterwards? I hope it doesn't cramp your style for too long.

Lav, I was thinking of you yesterday, watching round and round of thunderstorms going through SE Pennsylvania. Is it time to build an ark yet? I hope you get some time for yourself now. Those darn deer are a pain in the butt.

Seems like things continue to be hopping in your neck of the woods, PPQP. Hang in there. Sending hugs to everyone in your area.

Glad to be able to start getting back into the routine again. The office is mostly together, although I will be swapping out the futon (way too big!) and using the loveseat I had in my smaller office. I must say, I think it is quite lovely, and I enjoyed working there yesterday. I will post pictures when it is more finished in a week or so. Tomorrow, I leave for New York for my reunion. I know I will have a feeling of let down for a few days when I get back, but ultimately, I think I will enjoy getting back into my routine. Whew--it's been a crazy couple of weeks. :H

Anyway, hugs to all to come and any lurkers!

:l
            YahYah
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Hey everyone mega quick run in as I go out to rollerderby - much better day at work, now only 1 member of the team being rude and moody - that conversation can wait for after my holiday!1 team member apologised to me as well. Funnily enough my dreaded really difficult conversation was one of the easiest things I've had to deal with.

Two days left at work and can't wait for a break,glad to be sober day 11 here.
              Mick - sorry you need op - heal up quick - and thanks for feedback from your early days - it's so hard to imagine some of you as newbies as you seem so strong in your sobriety!

Lav - hope the storms pass you by.

Everyone else I hope you have a good day - looks like summer is finally here!
              one day at a time

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

June, everything just seems better winless. Now we are whine-less :H
                Hope your day is going OK

YahYah, I am enjoying a quieter & kid less day but I do need to get into my shop & actually do some work (maybe after a short nap) :H Glad your new work space is comfy, that's awesome!
                Can you take us along to the reunion with you? We'll be around if you want or need to check in, OK? Have fun!

Mick, you know it wouldn't take much to convince me to hop on an overnight flight if need you need the services of Ret Nurse Lav
                Are you able to have your procedure done soon or do you have to wait? For me the waiting is the worst part I'll bring my Swiss Mountain dog assistant if I can find her scrubs :H

OK, I'm supposed to be working...........
                Oops - hi Bear!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Hi Lav..op will be after 15th July..dont know how soon after....might take you up on the nursie offer
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

You will all be with me in spirit, I know. I will check in on Saturday and Sunday morning and let you know how it goes. That will be my accountability check. I'll probably get on here, anyway. My fingers automatically type the web address here whenever I get on the computer.

:h
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

hidy ho ABeroooos!

made it a tad early to my hotel room happy to say.

Mick thanks for the kickstart. with the cast on you can get all those nifty signatures from friends and be quite the celeb eh? small consolation I know....

today I passed by a restaurant i blew a stretch of sobriety at some months ago. heavy emotions were revealed but I'm kicking along just fine happy to report.

more work....

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Howdy all....

Been an absentee AB poster lately...and, unfortunately, I haven't even been able to do the reading around here lto keep up with everyone....but I'm baaack....I hope. We've been getting swamped with non-stop guests on top of some non-stop work and home projects. I'll tell ya what, tho. I wouldn't be dealing with any of this very well if I was still drinking.

While I haven't been on the board...I have been thinking of all of you and am glad to see some of the regulars contributing as wonderfully as usual and a new one, as well! Nice to meet you June!

We are sweltering up here with an unseasonable warm (to us) spell. Hubby, and this week's batch of visitors were in Fairbanks this last weekend and the bank thermometer was at 92! Whew. Yup. This summer, you could sell air conditioners to us! I promise not to whine any more. At least, not until it gets cold again. Then, I guess, I'll be whining about the weather for the other reason. :blush:enguin:awprint::elk:

Deter...I'll see if I can squeeze into chat tonight....anyone else up for it? Glad to see you dealing swiftly with those old cues, Mister!

Okay...off to sweat the dogs!
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

OK Mick, we'll be ready to help you thru your post op recovery
                          I'll make the coffee, PQ or someone can do the jokes, Det will provide plenty of garlic, everyone will have a job :H :H

Det, glad to hear you are feeling strong

Turn, I was thinking about you sweltering in the heat up there. How unusual is this for your neck of the woods? Strange weather patterns, huh?

It is just starting to rain now at nearly 11 pm. we have been promised severe storms tonight - swell.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

Mick....sorry to hear about operation. I am sure everything will go well.

Thinking about your deep thoughts from the other day. I don't think any of us could really put an exact finger on why we did it and continued to do it over and over again. We are just as boggled with ourselves as is the rest of society.

If some lady told me every time she ate peanuts it gave her a great feeling for a few hours....then she was sick for the entire next day....until she got more peanuts.......I would look at her like she was nuts

Went to my Celebrate meeting tonight. We got into group and if I was dealing with half the crap some of these women were, I doubt I could stay sober. I thanked God for letting me off so easy. And it gave me renewed faith....that if they can stay sober through that....then I have absolutely no excuse to drink. There never is a good reason to drink, but my mind will play with me at times. Hopefully, that shut the little monster in my head up for awhile. I just need a bit of a reminder of at times of how good I actually have it. And my problems are so minuscule compared to some. Something I need to be grateful for. And stay sober for.

Comment

AF Wed 26 June

SF - I was just about to have some peanut butter (the really good stuff) on a few crackers as a snack but your comments about peanuts has put me off. I was actually almost craving the taste of peanuts!:H:H

and I once had a coconut 'hangover' - I ate too much and was ill the next day

Comment

Working...
                              X