anyone know about wet suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna be doing some water skiiing in a few weeks. I think I'll need a wet suit. I know nothing about them. I'd also like to have one for when I go to Huntington Beach, as I want to give surfing a whirl before I get any older. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get me started? I want to stay nice and warm. Thanks.
    where does this go?

Check out a good dive shop and they will give you all the advise you need, and more. I have found them to be very helpful. Toting around the gear is no fun though. You can rent the suits from a dive shop once @ your destination. Kinda gross, I know....

Comment

Thanks lucky

I knew about renting, but I'll pass on that.
      where does this go?

Comment

wetsuits are made for different applications, dive suits are pretty thick giving you extra warmth, where most ski suits have added boyancy in case you fall off your skis most ski siuts do not have arms. depending on the water temp will determine the thickness of the suit. surf suits look the best and allow you more movement than a thick dive suit. I reckon you would look pretty funny on a surfboard with a dive suit and it would be a lot harder to learn with the restricted mobility. go for a surf wersuit and if it is not thick enough for your diving you can alawys hire the diving jacket to go over your suite to keep you extra warm

maxman
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

Yes, I am always getting caught in the rain!:upset:

E

Comment

Thanks

Maxman, that is great information. I'll put it to use.

Eustacia. I didn't realize it got so wet under a mulberry tree. This should dry you out. :rays:
            where does this go?

Comment

:rockon: Thanks, Morrison.

Just what I needed!

:heart: E

Comment

Hi, I think that its 3mm thickness for water skiing and 5mm for diving xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Morrison,
                  Betty Boop's got it in one.
                  The usual thicknesses are 3 and 5 mm.
                  I was going to suggest you go for 5mm in case you wanted to do snorkling or scuba diving in the future, or carry on water skiing when it got a little cooler
                  You won't get overwarm in 5mm but you can get cold in 3mm.
                  And the price difference isn't all that much.
                  Rags

Comment

Working...
                  X