friday 28 June AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 28 June AF daily

Morning - last day at work today as day 12 starts, then ten days off, I can't wait.
    Out of the office for half of the day. Up ready to go - had a really good day at work yesterday - all of the team really worked well together on getting ready for a big event we have planned and there was lots of laughter.Nice.

Will pop in after work - lazy night in with 'game of thrones' and cats tonight.
    spoke to CBT therapist - he is actually a psychologist so charges almost double - I would spend that without blinking on a load of clothes or lot of toiletries.Think my mind may be worth the investment!Have a good day everyone.
    one day at a time

friday 28 June AF daily

MAE all ..and how are we today?the weekend starts now...cos today is poets day!! anyone any big plans coming up?Moi I will be out Sunday doing what I do on Sundays .apart from that not a lot....and of course next week in the good ole us of a you have got that 4th of July thingy going on...major party times...which as we know is just a practice run for MY BIRTHDAY the next day...ok ok no cards pressies required!!

Raining over here.....going swimming this morning..got a man coming round at dinner to give us a quote for some work so need to be here.So folks its show time dah dah

tea n cawfee on the go

morning bear hows you today? and the snoring cat?Well start of your hols ...any plans ? like tt says you can get as much or as little done as you want ..thats your choice..you will feeel great not having to work your plans around booze..so go for it ..we expect a full report!!

Hi tt hows upside down land today?that woman you saw ....did you not consider ..she may be a cat burglar? so have you had the 3rd incident yet?burned the dinner?..its on the way says moi ...ever the optimist!!!have a good evening.

Morning Lav..and hows you today?any plans for the weekend ..or just waiting for the kids to land!Surprised you are able to get your veggies from the Amish ...thought they were all either in New York (old series)Florida(new series) or doing some mafioso style stuff!!thats probably unfair ...but they have certainly recently got air space and not all good.When you next off to your other residedence looking at the flowers?Ihave got quite a few fuschia cuttings that have grown on...they are rooting well..planted out 4 now..one of them is really beautiful ..will pic it later for you.off for a brew ..you want one too?

morning ppqp..hows you today?ok How are things over there?glad you enjoyed your meal...as for lettuce for the wabbits...eh think I made a bit of a booboo...that black pipe I have in the garden...decided I would dig it into the gravel to make it like a run/burrow for them, so I dug the gravel out, semi sunk the pipe and packed around the sides with the excess gravel..all it has done is raise the surface by about 3 inches...nearly in reach of the cabbages...they are already sussing it..like sending a kid into sweetshop in handcuffs!!!You any plans for the weekend? consider it over a coffee..here you go

Morning June how you feeling today? any better? hope so ..jump in let us know how you are ...youre doing well keep it up

Blondie evening to you....and the final answer.....Pink Floyd...dark side of the moon..probably the best live I have ever seen in my life...followed by Genesis..Yep under the knife ....dreading it..hmm you could be right ..may need a holiday to recover!!!!you any plans for the weekend..bearing in mind you will have no workmen to swear at?Yes as far as smoothies go ..they aint as good as what was made out..at one stage it was like the healthy options, but they are loaded with sugars etc..not all of them however.Quite a few have brill antoxidant properties which are good for cholestoral issues..like everything else its finding that balance

Hiya det...hows you today?sound fine my man..kind of pistol is it? Is it a competition specifc weapon or are you just shooting it as a tester?heres a present for you...Sure you will be familiar with..Nato standard figure 11

right peeps off we jolly well go..goodly bye for now

test for the sharp mind ..read the panel and see if you can spot the mistakes straight away..I couldnt ..but then again Im thick!!!

?Mama, there?s a man at the door,? said little Johnny.
    ?He says he?s collecting for senior citizens. Do you think we should hide Grandpa??

Mrs. Peterson went to the doctor: ?I?m terribly worried about my boy. He thinks he?s a chicken.?
    The doctor asked, ?And how long has this been going on??
    ?Almost a year,? Mrs. Peterson replied.
    ?Well for goodness sakes! Why didn?t you bring him to see me sooner??
    ?Because we needed the eggs!?

A family took a trip to Disney World. After three exhausting days, they headed home. As they drove away, the son waved and said, ?Goodbye, Mickey.?

The daughter waved and said, ?Goodbye, Minnie.?

The husband waved, rather weakly, and said, ?Goodbye, Money.?

What can you put in your right hand but not your left?
    Your left elbow.

I had a visitor one night? he explored my body? licked, sucked, swallowed & had his fill? when satisfied he left? I was hurt? Damn mosquito!!!

Teacher and her 3 boy students:

Teacher: ?Why did you laugh??
    Boy 1: ?I saw a strap of your bra.?
    Teacher: ?You are punished to stay out of school for one week.?

Boy 2 laughed?
    Teacher: ?Why did you laugh??
    Boy 2: ?I saw your bra straps.?
    Teacher: ?You are punished to stay out of school for one month.?

Teacher bent down to pickup a chalk. Boy 3 started walking out of the class?
    Teacher: ?Why are you leaving??
    Boy 3: ?I think my school days are over.?

Boy: Let?s play the firetruck game.
    Girl: How do we play?
    Boy: I run my fingers up your leg, and you say ?Redlight? when you want me to stop.
    Girl: Okay
    *Few seconds later*
    Girl: Redlight!!!
    Boy: Firetrucks don?t stop for redlights

Customer: Waiter, this soup tastes funny.
    Waiter: Funny? But then why aren?t you laughing?

?My teenage daughter came home in a rage.

?I?ve just done sex education in school today, Dad! You lied to me! You told me if I have sex before my sixteenth birthday, my boyfriend will die!?

I put down my paper: ?Oh, he will, sweetheart, he will.? ?

In an attempt to shed the publicity of castrating her husband John, Lorena

Bobbit decides to move to Moscow. In her efforts to blend in she also

decides to change her name. She's now known as Lorena Cutchakokov.

Scientists have discovered one certain food that diminishes a woman?s sex drive by 90% . . . wedding cake. -

There was a recent study of teens in New Zealand. It showed pot smoking lowers IQ over time. Coincidentally, the study was filled with typos and Cheetos stains. -

CHILDHOOD IS LIKE BEING DRUNK.EVERYONE REMEMBERS WHAT YOU DID,EXCEPT YOU.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

as you can see ..while Iwas messing ..bear jumped in!!!!excellent found a stand in for when my arm gets the chop!!:H:H
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

Good morning Abbers,

Glad things are looking up for you bear!
        I agree, an investment in our physical & mental health is worth the price

Mick, thanks for the coffee, much need this morning!
        I just heard the heat, humidity & popup T storms are to continue for another week, yuck
        We actually had a tornado watch issued by the weather watchers up until 10 pm last evening.
        I hope your bunnies do less damage to your garden than I know the deer will do to mine.

Det, Lav the deer whisperer :H
        Last evening my 4 1/2 yr old grandson went quiet for a while. I found him quietly watching a deer through a window. He said 'look MiMom, the deer is chewing your plants' :H :H
        Enjoy your new toy, be careful!

OK, I have lots to do so I should get going.
        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

MAE ALL...

Just a quick jump in as I'm heading down to my Dad's right away.
          Got a scare last night, email saying Dad was unresponsive for over 3 minutes.
          Would think they would have done a CT scan or EEG or something but no mention of that.
          Going down to check things out. Will check in later in the day.

Have a great AF Friday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

ppqp ...hope all is well :l

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

MAE abbers,

Quick check-in here. Will read jokes later. :-)

Chair AA meeting mid-day, pick up supplies for birthday party. Bake cake tonight. Frost cake in a.m. order Pizza for 13, purchase b'day gift, clean house, send in Request for Name to state of Alabama, vacuum and mop kitchen and LR. Vacuum pool. If I got in the ring with Al today, none of this would get done. :-)

Hubby pulled a tick off my head this morning. Have the creepy crawlies now.

Armadillo on edge of yard this a.m. but got away before we could get him/her.

Bear, very proud of your progress!! Keep it up. Life is so much better without Al insidiously ruining it for you.

PPQP, Keep us up-to-date with your dad's situation. With my mom, they never did figure out what caused her to go unresponsive last time.

Mick, Lav, Y@H, SF, June and all other Abbers, have a good POETS day.

One thing is for sure, I will not drink any alcohol today!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

I'm feeling better today thanks Mick. Already at work so no posting till tonight. Happy Friday everyone.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

Happy to report that everything is OK with my Dad. His blood pressure dropped while having his morning shower and they laid him down till it returned to normal. Contrary to the cryptic email I got, he was out of it for a bit but was not unresponsive for 3 min. This is one of the reasons I'll be glad when the lawsuit is settled.

Back to work, will check in later....PPQP

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

PPQP....glad to hear that your dad is ok.

The heat wave is making me cranky....and the voice came out to tackle me today. Not so much the voice....the anxiety inducing uneasiness physically.....that I just wanted it to go away.

However, last night I had watched the Bob Newhart video in the newbies nest......where he is a therapist and his advice is "Stop It". It got me to laughing. Really, how many times have I cried that I wanted to quit drinking.....even when I had a glass in my hand.....well....if you want to quit...."stop it". Honestly, what an idiot I was.

I got home and to the pool. I have it all to myself and so relaxing. So much better than my days of multi-tasking.....a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other

I have 3 days off....and I plan a lot of yoga and pool time.

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

I love having two free hands as well SF
                      That Bob Newhart video is the best!

PQ, wow, sorry you had such a scare
                      If your Dad is on medications maybe he should have then re-evaluated. Falls, especially in the shower are dangerous!!! Glad he seems OK now.

Hi June, hope you are having a good day!

Cindi. you are busy, no doubt about that!
                      I am creeped out when I see a tick. YB had Lymes disease 12 years ago, he ended up in the hospital, he was a mess. I think they should have done a brain transplant on him but they refused my request :H:H

Speaking of YB, he was here this afternoon during some heavy T storms. We found a pool of water around the back & sides of his special garage - apparently the gutters are clogged. Yeah, I don't take care of that stuff

Raining again.......
                      Have a good night all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday 28 June AF daily

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

so happy I'm home a day early

made it through a very hot/humid outside event today and although I was hot and miserable I really implemented my higher consciousness thinking of enjoying the moment and being grateful for sobriety. I've done this same event hung over in past years and that totally sucked as you all would imagine.

SunFlower I love the 'stop it'! it reminds me of a Dennis Leery skit where he describes a therapist who's treatment for everything is: shut the f*ck up! a bit crass for my taste but still funny.
                        seriously though on therapists I think they can be hugely beneficial. Bear if you can see a CBT I'd go for it!

I ate at a place last night called Barney's Hickory Pit which might be the most deplorably decorated restaurant in the north hemisphere. it really made Dennys look like a class act! the seat was so lumpy I had to keep shifting around. it was really pretty funny. good food at least.

Mick, heres my new toy: The STI Trojan ? STI INTERNATIONAL for both competition and carry.

Turn, I'm still looking for you on chat!

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X