X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

july week 1

thought I'd start week 1 off

july week 1

?Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.?
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks so much Witt's for getting us started! Your commitment is infectious and like a rising tide, it raises all.

I love that quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. It makes me think how important AF is. Happiness results from a life lived to the fullest. That is not possible when one is spending the bulk of their "free time" in a stupor! How this little habit of our has robbed us of so much!

Have a happy AF Monday!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

july week 1

Good morning July friends!

Thanks for starting us out Witts, glad you are part of our little group

Dill, thanks for the quote. I am grateful to be AF as well, my happiness has grown by leaps & bounds. I think my happiness is affecting those around me, even YB who long ago proclaimed his distrust of happiness.

Life continues on between rain storms here on the East coast - we are water-logged
      Looks like the rain is going to hang around a a third week.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

july week 1

lav we must be having the same weather we have water everywhere and rain still hanging around
        Luv the quote dill

Comment

july week 1

Hi Everyone and Happy July! Thanks for starting us off Witt! Nice and simple-brilliant!!

Witt-congrats on month 1 done! It seems like yesterday you were on day 2! Look how far you've come. Now on to an AF july!!

Pers-congrats on 5 months and a possible new work from home job! My dream! I too am sorry you are not getting any pain relief. Is the GF diet working at all?

Lav, Dill, Star-weather seems to dominate everything these days! It's been so hot and muggy with no relief even with storms. Western MA had a micro burst that did some major damage and there were tornado warnings all day for the part of the state I was in as well as the northeast corner. scary. I'm tired of the HHH. and tired of the AC! I hunger for fresh cool air blowing through my house!

Had another outdoor event on Saturday. Started out stormy than got hot and humid. More shade this time tho and a great Farmer's market as well as the Equine Event. I do love this job!!

Cyn-loved the explanation of the avatar. I'd love to walk a labyrinth some day!

I've been having some dark thought lately so have been isolating. I've just ordered some Amoryn which should be here on Wed. I'm at my highest weight ever-have gained 5 lbs since I started the new job so that is part of the problem. Having no time to keep the house and yard in order is also depressing me. Now I find out my dad, my rock, is feeling pretty blue as well. Never been on this end before and not quite sure what to do. Of course I want to "fix" him but know I can't. He is feeling better today but I'm worried none the less.

thanks for all the encouragement about the way I handled the talk with my direct report. She seemed different in a good way on Thursday but that could be because she was going on vacation at the end of her shift! I just hope that when she comes back everything will be OK-no repercussions or anger after having a week to think about things. My boss was back after her week off but didn't ask me about it. She's off again tomorrow so maybe on Wednesday.

I'm watching American Ninja warrior and hoping to get psyched up to eat right tomorrow and maybe take a walk before leaving for work if not too hot or stormy. Got to get up first tho which has been getting harder and harder these days.

Have a great nite all and see you tomorrow or wed.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

july week 1

Witts, don't you just wish you could donate some of that spare water to people & areas that really need the water? I am tired of the puddles & mud everywhere, oh well.

Papmom, remember MyFitnessPal?
            I really liked that tool, made me more accountable, without a doubt. I was just thinking about revisiting it because I'm hanging onto these last 10 pounds with an iron fist
            If you think a mood swing is causing you to eat more then the Amoryn should be helpful too. I know I didn't feel like exercising when my mood was low. Is your Dad experiencing any new health issues or on new medications that could be causing him difficulties? I hope things smoothe out for him & for you as well.

I'm beat & it's nearly 11 so I'll just say good night to all.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

july week 1

I wish I could send it out west where they need it my drive way is a mud slide
              Before the rain we put heaps of soil down to fill in the holes now we just slide in and out didn't think I'd make it there one day .......hopefull the sun stays out to-day and it drys up

Comment

july week 1

We actually have a mostly rain free day - yay!!!
                Now I hear a heat wave is only the way for the next week, oh well.
                You should see the muddy feet on my poor chickens :H
                Be careful you don't sink in the mud Witts!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

july week 1

Well, here I am again - good Wednesday morning everyone

Still hot, humid & raining off & on & I can't do a damn thing about that :H

I am heading out to Curves now then back to (hopefully) finish up a job in progress.
                  I am gathering family here for a BBQ on Saturday.

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

july week 1

Good morning friends,
                    Seems like the thread has slowed to a trickle. That happens in the summer tho, doesn't it?

Witts, I can just picture you slip-sliding away down your driveway! I was thinking of you the other day. Mr. Dill rented a movie called Wake in Fright. It was a classic suspense film made in the 70's and filmed in Australia. I didn't much care for the film, but it was interesting to see the Australian countryside.

Lav, I'm tired of all the rain and humidity too! The weeds are winning at the moment.

Pmom, I agree that it is getting harder and harder to get up in the morning. I think it is partly the weather and for me it's being overwhelmed with my daily childcare responsibilities. I maybe ought to look into amoryn too, altho generally I am not prone to depression. I'll give it some time and if it doesn't get better, I'll order the amoryn.

Star, I'm glad to hear your dad was doing better than you had expected.:l

Happy, happy Humpday everyone!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

july week 1

Good Morning, Friends,

We have had sun for the last three days, and I am so relieved....the non-stop rain had put me in a blue mood. My brunch went well with my family, and I had a nice visit with my brother, who was in town from WY. I am having a peaceful vacation so far, getting caught up on little business odds and ends, like invoicing and also taking time to work out and just enjoying not having to set an alarm at Rusty O'Clock so I can get my exercise routine in before work. Oh, going back to work next week is really going to suck.;-)

Witts-thanks for starting us off in July, and congrats on being over a month AF!:goodjob: Is rain a rarity where you live?

Dill-:lI suspect that your blue moods may be due to the constant childcare. It is really exhausting. When I was 19 years old, I was a live-in nanny for two little boys, 3 and 1 1/2. Neither one was potty-trained, and OMG, it was at that time that I decided I NEVER wanted children. I have never felt more isolated and more depressed in my whole life. I have the utmost admiration for you and Lav, for agreeing to be on kid duty for marathon stretches of time.:h I suppose it's different because these kids are your grandchildren, but nonetheless, they need constant supervision. The weather hasn't been any help, either. I am still on a low dose of Baclofen and that really improves and stabilizes my moods. I know people who have taken amoryn and have found it to be extremely helpful. Is your son enjoying his new job? Also, I loved your quote: ?Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well lived.? How true.

Star-I am right here in your corner when it comes to your dad's illness. I am glad that he was better than you expected. I know when both my parents were going through chemo for cancer treatment, I was always relieved when I talked to one of them and they didn't sound tired on the phone, or when I would visit them, and they seemed to have some energy, as the chemo was draining. Your dad is in my prayers.

Pap:l weight gain is the pits, isn't it? You sure don't have a lot of time to exercise with your long daily commutes and your furry creatures who still need to be let out, fed, etc., and then working two jobs. Yup, I've been there and done that...except the furmom part. I have an idea for you, though. Are there any stairwells at work where you could just walk up and down the steps, say 20 or 30 times over your lunch hour or on breaks...or before work? The reason I'm asking is because five years ago, I was consulting at a facility where my client's office was on the second floor, WAYYYY up above the manufacturing floor. In the four days I was there, I lost 3 lbs. just walking up and down those stairs every day...and at the time, I was still having my two glasses of wine a night. You could also do what I do and get a step bench and a DVD, and exercise at home. Just my two cents.

Perse-any word on the stay-at-home job? That would be awesome if you could work from home. No overbearing boss, no PIA, gossipy co-workers. For me, a job working out of my house is the ONLY way I want to work.

Lav-you have been on my mind this week. I read about those 19 firefighters who were killed and I thought of your son....the risks he takes every day he responds to a fire. That takes guts. I also thought of you because I have one Christmas pillow left...the one with the green Christmas tree on it. I already have someone in mind to give it to this year. Christmas will be here before you know it.

Cyn-what are you up to this week? Do you have any big writing projects?

To anyone I may have missed, I hope you are having a peaceful AF hump day.

Comment

july week 1

No rusty not unusual to get rain but it's just a nuisance
                        I went away for 5 days in January bad drought on and when came home we had bad floods went from one extreme to another
                        But a couple of dry days will be great ... the trouble I have is that we had so many po holes in our drive way that 2 weeks ago hubby put loads of dirt on the road and we have had nothing but rain since and the drive is a mess
                        hoping for another dry day to-day

Comment

july week 1

How come if alcohol kills millions of brain cells, it never killed the ones that made me want to drink?
                          Author Unknown

Now, there's an interesting question!! I was looking for quotes about independence from alcohol in honor of this Independence Day celebration (Fourth of July in the U.S.), but I never found anything suitable. But when I came across this quote it put a wry smile on my face!

I woke up to rain. That seems to be the theme on the thread lately: rain! Anyway, I didn't mind it so much because for once I was able to turn over and go back to sleep! I'm sure you all know how hard it is to get out of bed on a rainy morning; much harder than a dry morning. So I reveled in it. So sweet taking my time to wake up and so wonderful to wake up in that manner AF!

Rusty, I can appreciate how taking care of 2 little ones could have turned you against having children. It is very draining. I'm glad that I am just 'helping' and not on the clock 24/7. My son is very happy with his job and is doing very well with it. I'm really pleased for him. Thanks for asking. You are still on bac? Is that doctor prescribed or have you been buying it over the internet? If doctor prescribed, how did you get your doc to prescribe it? Did you tell the doc you wanted it to help with getting off al?

Witts, I feel for you with your muddy driveway. Timing is everything! Do you have 4 wheel drive? Also, I was curious about your hb. Does he also drink or have a problem with drink? Is he aware of your problem and your effort to quit?

Happy AF Thursday and to the US threadsters, happy Independence Day!
                          Dill

Comment

july week 1

Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Just sitting here drinking coffee, reading this thread and enjoying the day off. Woke up to a perfect white rosebud outside my window, no rain just very green. No plans today, and it is lovely to just be today. Of course there are things I want to get done, but no pressure and four days off!

Rusty, so good to hear from you, thanks for the comments about my Dad, it is a journey. Hope your mom is doing well. Nice to have an extended time off. Taking care of kids is WORK, and at my age, I don't want to have to work that hard. But, I enjoy kids and loved when mine were little, running around, getting dirty, playing and being cute. Do I want to take careof them now? No thanks, but wouldn't mind a grandchild or two.

Pap, so sorry you are feeling blue. You just need a break...can you take a staycation at any point in the next few months? I put on weight this week too, feel so uncomfortable, vowing to eat smaller portions and get a walk, swim, and bike ride in this weekend. With this allergy I have to avoid lots of processed foods so that will be a good thing for me. Get the Amoryn, Lav was truly helped and hope it helps you. Wish I lived close, I would come over and help you clean...it is always fun to clean at another person's house.

Dill, mixed blessing with the grandkids...so good your son found a job and one he likes. I too rolled over and slept in, what a luxury! Loved the quotes, especially the one about happiness. Moods go up and down daily, but overall satisfaction or happiness are a byproduct of our lives, and the thoughts in our minds. So grateful for all I have in my life!

Wittsend, weird to think you are in winter, so glad you are doing well on your journey.

Lav, what a rainy summer! Different from last year, that is for sure. Any special plans today? I am going to see if there is a parade in my town! That is an old tradition for my family, attending a parade. I have a question for you...do you buy bags of beans, soak them overnight, then make stuff like black bean burgers? I have been using cans and want to get away from all that salt. Slow going on my new eating plan without nuts, ate some chips yesterday, saw they were made with peanut oil. Darn. Can't have them anymore. Thinking of your daughter and how she had to change her entire way of eating.

To all, hello, happy 4th and have a great day!!!!!
                            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

july week 1

Good morning July friends & Happy Independence day

Love the question Dill - DUH
                              I think that just proves the strength of addiction. It shuts down our senses & ability to reason. So grateful to be done with all that!
                              Watching the kids is tough some days but I really do enjoy watching them grow & develop. I feel like I'm making up for the time I missed with my own kids being at work so much. I wish for continued strength for the both of us!

Rusty, when you are ready to let go of the Baclofen think about the supplement I've used with great success. Amoryn is the best mood stabilizer, it's safe & keeps me level-headed through anything.

Witts, I hope you are getting some rain/mud relief!
                              The muddy feet on my dogs, the mopping of floors, etc is tiresome

Greetings to papmom & LBH!
                              I see both of you frequently on Facebook. LBH posted a beautiful picture of herself a few days ago.
                              I also see TDN there most days & a bunch of others from around MWO.

cyn, are you taking a break today?

I have all of the troops descending on Saturday for a cookout.
                              My son is working today & probably tomorrow as well in DC so my DIL & grandsons will be here later today. I guess it's time to drag out the kiddie pool

Have a great AF holiday everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X