tues 3 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tues 3 July

MAE everyone...jeez where is everybody? no -one started the thread for today? wow..cant believe no one has looked at this today..so cmon team .give it a go at starting it ! mind you yesterday there was hardly anyone on here..Cant stop on long ...currently re plasterboarding the bathroom ceiling..need to put some new lights in,and the old boards are really dried and crumbly...so gotta get that done... 2 in already big hi to everyone especially Cat buddy...how are you dooing sound really good ..congratulations on the new life...and...WELL DONE ON 9 MONTHS.... :banana::wave::banana::applaud:

Right thats me ..orf to get on wi some work
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

tues 3 July

Good morning Abbers!

Mick - have you had too much coffee? :H
    Today is July 2 but you were correct - it is Tuesday :H

CONGRATS to Catbuddy for 9 AF months & a new relationship
    You sound great, I hope all continues to go well for you.

More flooding rains predicted here for the day - getting boring

I have much work to catch up on today, yesterday did no go as planned
    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

tues 3 July

MAE everyone!
      Lav sorry to hear the rains haven't stopped! That's crazy!
      Mick you are always so busy are you retired?
      Congrats cat buddy!
      Hello to everyone who stops by. I had a fun family weekend and barely any urges to drink. In fact watching the drunks spin out of control was depressing enough to keep me AF. Back to work today, woke up with a headache, I think it's the sugar. I'm working on that starting today.
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

tues 3 July

MAE ALL...

Obviously I haven't had enough coffee...didn't even notice anything wrong with the date.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and you take it easy on your back you hear me!

Lav...morning. Best laid plans eh? Here, start with a cup of coffee.

3J...I think you might be right about the headache. Good luck on the sugar front.

CB...congrats on your 9 months.

Very lazy day for me yesterday. Can't believe I didn't post as I checked in a couple of times. Trying to get it in gear but may need another coffee first. Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

tues 3 July

MAE from Cindi, too.

Like you, PPQP, I checked in a couple of times an never posted. What's up with that?

I had a good day yesterday, basically. Today is Tuesday, which is one of the "go visit mama" days. I think I'll take her to the newly opened Chick Fil'A down the street, then take her back and paint her fingernails. We removed the acrylics and they are very thin. Clear polish is probably the best. Girding my loins for doing the right thing. Other than that, send in $$ to get name registered by state and give $$ to insurance company so the business is "Licensed, Bonded, Insured."

Our hope is to get a couple of small ongoing "gigs" to cover the cost of doing business before we jump into serious advertising, etc. Researching on creating a domain and website, facebook, etc. Apparently have to do it correctly so all search engines will find the website.

Hubby's last day of work for 5 days. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe I can keep him preoccupied with stuff to do around the house that doesn't involve my help.

Mowed the yard yesterday and miraculously didn't have a single tick on me. I cannot stress how bad this year has been for ticks.

Lav, hope you don't get trench foot with all that rain. It gets old, doesn't it?

Mick, good luck with bathroom. Don't aggravate shoulder before surgery, though.

Cat, Congrats!!! and thanks for checking in.

June, Drunkenness from afar is pretty irritating, isn't it? Of course, WE never acted that way when drinking. ;-)

Det, I have decided regarding a healthy diet, that my forefathers evolved to eat lots of junk food. :H:H

Making a pork tenderloin in the crock pot today for dinner, since I will be gone most of the day.

Take care and have a wonderful July 2nd, ahem, all!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tues 3 July

hi everybody,just a quick pop in to say congrats to catbuddy ive wondered where youve been,im so happy that you are doing so good,keep it up! same goes to everybody on this thread,you all are inspiring,you never know who youre helping so never stop what youre doing
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

tues 3 July

hooray ...success boards inplaster done ..lights in, on a temp basis..will need to come out before it gets painted ..looks well..and madam isnt home yet!!!
              Saw a beautiful picture earlier when I nipped to the shop..its called petite village..its of a little village next to the sea,with a windy road leading up to it..I have seen this little village in Cornwall,Tenerife,Gran Canaria.Portugal, Cyprus Greece.its anywhere I want it to be and reminds me so much of those little villages I have been to..Just going to have a coffee..anyone else?
              Yes June I am retired ...allegedly..worked a lot harder now than I did before I reckon!!!all self inflicted!!Going to get a cuppa and stroll round the gardens !!:H:H:H
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

tues 3 July

Hey affers....

Just reading this now having started a thread for Cat's 9 months!

Cat - again - MASSSIVE HUGS to you for 9 months. Awesome work. :goodjob:

:banana: :woot: :yay: :woot: :banana:

Comment

tues 3 July

MAE all!

This will be short. Just got back from NY. I remained sober and had a wonderful time, despite being surrounded by lots of alcohol most of the weekend. It was great to see everyone and leave when the normal folks did and the holdouts got very sloppy! Now I am going to take a quick nap so that I don't fall asleep when I see my clients later this afternoon/evening.

I'm so sorry I didn't post. My computer works on XP, but my sisters both have Windows 7, and there must be some setting that is different, as I lost several long posts for goodness knows what reason.

So hugs for all of you, and congratulations, CatBuddy! You are rocking it!

:l
                  YahYah
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

tues 3 July

Hidy Ho ABerooooos!

mega kudos to CatBuddy! keep up the super job

TreeTops, just to clarify on the ancestral diet: I don't promote all ancestral diets, just those that have been shown through the millennia to promote low incidence of disease. many of those poor bastards had to just do what they could to survive and it wasn't always pretty. the ones that did not only thrive, but survive are a wealth of epidemiological medical knowledge to us if we are wise enough to notice. Dr Weston A Price has some absolutely brilliant work along these lines. he was bent on discovering why modern affluent societies were suffering the epidemic of diseases, while many indigenous populations such as the Masaai of Kenya, (and many others) were disease-free and even had perfect teeth without any medical care. it's really interesting material to study and I highly recommend it.

it's going to be at least 104F here today. whew! makes me reeeeely grateful to NOT be hungover.

off to catch a noon meeting

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

tues 3 July

Yah ...welcome back...and :goodjob: on the no plonk campaign

Comment

tues 3 July

Mick...Had to look up "Plonk" who knew it meant wine.
                        Good job on the lights, glad there was no accidents.
                        Hope you enjoyed your garden walk. :H

Welcome back YahYah...glad everything went ok for you.

Det...only going to be 95 here and that's plenty hot enough.

Boss surprised us all and took us out for lunch. Which brought up the boss joke again, apparently it's gone through Revenue Canada a couple of times. :H Other co-workers wanted a copy of it, took me 1 hr to find it again. Got distracted reading old posts! Got the afternoon off so am hiding in the house with the a/c.

Comment

tues 3 July

MAE everyone! Hi. It's been a while for me. Such a journey this is. Reading your posts makes me nostalgic, sad to have left, happy to see you're still here, wondering if you'll take me back? I've had a fall but I'm now more aware than ever of myself, my future, my danger-danger signals, my need (don't want to but must) to TTFP. I've missed you all. I need to read to catch up. Much love to all for all that you continue to do. You represent the good in all of us, that which we all want to own. I'm beginning to know myself and how to own this crazy thing which connects us. I cannot do this on my own. I need you!
                          xoxoxo
                          ~n
                          :notes:
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

tues 3 July

Welcome back Nurdl...pull into a parking spot and stay awhile. We've missed you too.
                            Had to look up TTFP ... won't spell it out here either. :H

Was just reading back to find a joke and started reading some of the old posts, yours included. It's kismet I tell you. Glad to see you here again and it sounds like you've got the right attitude. We can all take this journey together....PPQP

Comment

tues 3 July

PPQP! - your P's & Q's always reside in my pocket. It is a journey and one I think I'm more willing to take now than fight against as I was before. The "fake it 'til you make it" AA theory just doesn't fly with me. I needed to "want it" not fake it. Now I really want it and I believe that will make all the difference.
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
                              X