af Wednesday 3 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Wednesday 3 July

MAE - starting the post early on WEd morning so we don't get you know who having a wee rant!:durn:
    Can't stay long as I have a lot to do before work (its only 6am). I also posted elsewhere yesterday and forgot about my home thread. Naughty!

Congrats to Cat on 9 months sober - thats wonderful - well done girl :wave:
    and so pleased you have a terrific relationship now.
    Also kudos to YahYah on keeping the body pure over the weekend.
    You too June! I personally get extremely bored watching drunks - maybe thats why I never looked much in the mirror when I was off the rails!
    Life is too short to be entertained by others mess-ups IMO. But I know it can't be avoided sometimes.
    Hi there also Lavande, PPQP, Cinders, Mick, SF, Blondie and all others.
    I wonder how those who are off wandering on their travels are getting on? Bear? LTLW? SL?

I am wandering off to the food nazi today (dietitian) as well as other things. Might poke my head in later.
    Have a fab AL free Wed and stay sane with all the weather goings-on. Really windy here - sounded like a cyclone during the night - yawn yawn....

af Wednesday 3 July

Quick pop in - been to dietician - no advice except to keep eating what I do and to exercise more.
    Knew that already!

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

hi abbers

TT - glad you weren't paying for your dietician's advice:H Is your kitchen finished now? Got your next project ready? We just got a tin roof on (which I don't like, but had no choice). I could get sucked down by these renos, but I've changed my thinking, which is a massive change for me (aka living like an ostrich:H)

Cat - congrats on 9 months!! That is fantastic.

Mick - you are a Jack of All Trades and, it appears, a master of quite a few too! Is your daughter still going to NZ? I've booked the dog into the kennels, so now to book the flights. Dragging my feet is an understatement!

YaH and 3J - drunks just can't understand how boring and irritating they are, especially when they call the non-drinkers boring! And I agree with Cindi, I was never obnoxious, rude, loud...:H

Hi Lav, PPQ, Det
      Welcome back Nurdl

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Hi TT,

I find diet advice very confusing these days. I have found the low glycemic really works for me, although I've slipped of late and don't feel as good. I've been back to watching my eating for two days, and so far it's just hard.

Off to bed in a very hot house.

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Blondie, the way you mention Mick- it sounds like he is building a kennel to send his daughter to NZ in!:H:H
          Goodness is this what happens after a year AF?

Mick you will be a year done in my time zone - in about 7 hours. Or are you going by North American time zones?

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

treetops;1527618 wrote: Blondie, the way you mention Mick- it sounds like he is building a kennel to send his daughter to NZ in!:H:H
            Goodness is this what happens after a year AF?
            :H:H It's what happens when you rush and try to remember things at the same time!

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Mae everyone ..and how are we today?been up since early doors doing a bit..repotting pepper plants and tidying up the garage after working yesterday..its a man thing..do all the work ,dump everything and then tidy it later!!!
              Tea n coffee on the go for all who need it

Evening TT hows you ?so the dietician didnt reveal any great mysteries to you?no wonder cure for lowering cholestoral whilst eating as much ice cream as poss?hope youve had a good day...wonder who you meant when you said ..posted early to stop someone girning???

Hiya blondie ..and hows you then? hope your day has been good ..Yep thats me..jack of all trades ...master of none!!! so when are you off on your travels?
              as far as I know Amy is still thinking about going to NZ......the kennel aint that bad an idea!!!got a phone call yesterday ...the water pump on my car has gone...sigh ok how much do you want?..anyway you have a great evening

Hiya Cat hows you?cmon up you get ..cant have you feeling down!!have a good day ..enjoy it glad you got got the garden planted up?any pics for us?So far I have had lettuce,radishes ,onions courgettes strawbs,cucumbers..first tomatoes are going red and the peppers are flowering

Morning Lav, or is it July ,or 2013, or Saturday? hey in my head they are just numbers and letters..sometimes they work out right and sometimes not!!
              Hows you today?any plans ,or still being hampered by the weather? I am out all day tomorrow...its raining so I think soaked to the skin will be the order of the day!!oh well..one large coffee madam...to set you up for the day

Morning June ..as we speak see you are on line..how are you ? headache gone?Yes its weird watching other people getting shedded when you are sober ,and the way the behaviour and conversation changes isnt it?Def rather be on the outside lookin in, rather than on the inside looking out!!

Morning Cinders...hows you today?how did your visit with your mum go yesterday? hope all went well..bathroom ceiling only needs painting now...glad to report no injuries!!!has business taken off yet?lot of prep going into that ,but as you say if you are going to do it ..do it right Get a list made for jobs for hubby!!

Mornin ppqp ..hows you today? have a coffee ..start the day with a blast!!! any plans for today? hows the clean up going? bought some primula vialli yesterday..they look lovely in the garden ..give it that countryside ish look.you have a great day

Morning Pauly ..nice to see you..thanks for the kind words about the threaad ..I agree you dont know who you are helping..makes you wonder sometimes though..how are you doing?

Rabsy what are you doing here ...you been chucked out or something?still teaching posh weans?

Hiya YAH...hows you?glad you werent snared by the booze bluffer..hows your business doing in its new premises?

Morning Det ..wow 104 degs..ermm slightly hot that !glad things are doing well for you..Are you on the road or working from home?

Hiya Nurdl...hows you today?back on track?great, you can do it,we can help so lets go for it..any plans for today?have a good one

righty ho people ..thats me..tomorrow I am out all day so might be quick check in...so far all those across the pond ..I wish you a happy holiday for tomorrow

And for all budding Jocks...translate this!!!Rabsy ..your barred!!!

and finally....

t="" />

Two high school drop-outs are digging a ditch in the hot summer sun...

and they're complaining about it non-stop.
              "Sheesh, this is hard work. I hate this job!"
              "Yeah. How come we're down here working our asses off, and the foreman is up there sitting under a shady tree with a cool drink, and making 3 times as much as us? It's not fair!"
              "That's it! I'm sick of this! I'm gonna go ask him!"
              So the guy climbs out of the ditch and goes up to the foreman under the shady tree.
              "How come we're down there working our asses off in the burning hot sun, while you sit up here under this shady tree with a cool drink?"
              The foreman says, "Well, it comes down to one word: Intelligence."
              "Whaddya mean, intelligence? You calling me stupid!?"
              "Well, here. Let me show you."
              So the foreman holds his hand up against the tree and says, "Punch my hand as hard as you can."
              The guy figures, now's my chance for some payback! He winds up and swings at the foreman's hand as hard as he can, but at the last moment, the foreman yanks his hand away. The guy nearly breaks his hand smashing it against the tree.
              "See what I mean?" the foreman says. "Intelligence."
              "Alright. I get it." And he goes back to work with his hand throbbing in pain.
              His buddy in the ditch asks him, "So whad he say?"
              "He said we're slaving away down here because of intelligence!"
              "Intelligence!? Is he calling us stupid!? What does he mean by that!?"
              His buddy says, "Well here, let me show you."
              Seeing no tree around, he holds up his hand in front of his face. "Take your shovel and hit my hand..."

Two old ladies are outside their nursing home, having a smoke, when it starts to rain. One of the ladies pulls out a condom, cuts off the end, puts it over her cigarette and continues smoking.
              Lady 1: What's that?
              Lady 2: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.
              Lady 1: Where did you get that?
              Lady 2: You can get them at any drugstore.
              The next day, Lady 1 hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms.
              The guy, obviously embarrassed, looks at her kind of strangely (she is after all over 80 years of age), but very delicately asks what brand she prefers.
              Lady 1: Doesn't matter son, as long as it fits a camel.

My hamster died today

He fell asleep at the wheel

A man and his wife drove past the beautiful countryside.

They saw a pig, rolling in the mud, so wife said: "Your relative?"
              Man replied: "Yes, mother-in-law."

How do you tell if someone is jewish at a football game?

They leave after the coin toss

just had to change the post...the image police got me!!!!
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Good morning Abbers & Happy Wednesday

TT, I would like to apply for the dietician job - no shit :H
                It's nice to hear advice but I prefer to make my own choices based on my own research
                Hope you have a great day!

Greetings blondie! Keep your head up on the surface now

Cat, so nice to see you back!
                We have endured three weeks of flooding rains here on the east coast & now the heat is moving in from the west ~ swell I hope your garden gives up some produce. My garden is just about drowned.

Morning Mick, thanks for the coffee!
                I will get to work on your anniversary cake today but first I have to go to Curves, stop at the supermarket & finish up a job for a paying customer. Are you getting excited about reaching your 1 year AF milestone? I remember feeling excited but also a little nervous. I still had a touch of fear that I would do something stupid. Thankfully I did not & once that one year mark passed I felt much more confident that I can keep my quit(s) for as long as I like

OK, got to go! Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

MAE Abbers!

TT your dietician says you're doing it all right, that's good even if it doesn't feel like news! I am reading up on letting sugar go. A lot like letting AL go it seems!

Mick thanks yes no headache this morning, and I was careful about my sugar intake yesterday so it sure seems they're related. I'm way happier on the outskirts being the one at the party who is taking mental notes, watching out for others and waking up first to get the coffee on!

Lav sounds like a busy productive day ahead! The rains have stopped? The heat is tough but less depressing, no?

I am working 1-9 pm. Stayed up too late last night chatting with my son, folding laundry and chatting here. In the old days I'd sleep it off till noon and head back to work but I'm up and plan on yoga, a little cooking, a bit of ironing, couple of phone calls before I ride my bike in. Started weight watchers yesterday to try to get a grip in the sugar thing. My sister joined too so I have a buddy. She upped the ante suggesting we send screen shots of our daily food intake. Great way to stay accountable!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Good Morning Afers,

In a rush to make it to house refi closing but wanted to pop in, say hello and wish a good day to all.

I'll check in later.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

MAE ALL...

Up early so thought I'd pop by McDonalds before heading into work. Got to work to find out an event had been rescheduled and there was a pile of people sitting around waiting for the doors to open. Then of course I had to set up the room. So breakie was delayed but I'm glad I came in early.

TT...thanks for kicking us off. Sorry you didn't get any breakthrough ideas but at least you know you're eating the right things.

Blondie...we tinned our ranch house roof and I found I just loved listening to the rain on it.

CB...hope you were able to get some sleep last night. It's so important. After 34 degrees it's overcast and a light breeze. Wonderful.

Mick...thanks for the coffee. Going to do some real work today, publishing deadline is Friday. With this mini heat wave we had the gardens are overflowing with green. Nice to see. As for the budding Jocks...Rabsy HELP! How long did it take you to find the Blondie Roundabout? Love it.

Lav...if you do the cake I'll bring the decorations and refreshments. Think I'll serve Bovril :H I remember feeling excited and nervous when I hit 3 months. That was a big one for me.

3J...good luck with weight watchers and it's great you have a buddy with you. Don't know about those daily food shots though. For someone who stayed up late you sure have a busy schedule this morning.

Cindi...glad you popped in. Maybe we'll see you later.

Well that's me off to actually do something work related. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

MAE all,

It's good to be back. Still feckin tired, but I think I've got a little sinus thing going on, which explains a lot. It's been quite a few weeks, and I'm not used to being non-stop busy.

Almost a year, Mick! I'm so excited for you! Let's have some fizzy lemonade to celebrate!

I'm sorry to make this about me, but I am still exhausted from being with my sisters. I think I am revisiting some important feelings about the past and being reminded of why I flew the coop to go to grad school in New Orleans all those years ago. I don't want to be enmeshed in that crap, but I'm not sure how to extricate myself gracefully, and maybe I'm an idiot to think it is possible to do it gracefully. I am at a point in my life where I can ill afford to let them bring me down, so I'm going to have to figure this out come hell or high water.

One thing is for sure, I'm damn sure drinking would only set me back further.

:l
                        YahYah
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Ahoy AF Mateys!

thanks for the coffee kickstart TTops

YAH, indeed you're right, a sober head will be a mighty tool in this, as well as all the other great challenges life will have in store for you.

Mick, I'm home this week thankfully starting Monday i'm back on the road entertaining state and local government. barf. but hey...it's paying the bills so who's complaining?

wow, i can't believe it's a holiday tomorrow. no idea what I'm going to do with myself. hmmmm

flash flood warning here due to thunderstorms. in my drinking days I'd be all nervous and jittery. not anymore.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

OK, I have the cake ready for Mick's party tomorrow.
                            Stella is probably going to be wearing her party hat all day :H

YahYah, I have removed myself from the sibling dramas for my own protection. I have 3 brothers, no sisters, I imagine they are worse
                            You know what's best for you so stick to your guns!!!

Det, we've been living with flood warnings for the past 3 weeks - sick of it, no kidding!
                            I got drenched in the supermarket parking lot today while loading groceries into my car - swell Hope your weather is not too bad!

PQ, did you say you went to McDonalds?????
                            I haven't ventured into one of those places for nearly 30 years. Even that long ago I realized I couldn't handle that food. Are they cooking healthier these days?

Almost dark - I'd better go put the chickens to bed!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wednesday 3 July

Lav...don't tell Stella but I get scrambled eggs. :H

Comment

Working...
                              X