What keeps a man interested in a woman long term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be interested in some sage manly information as to what keeps a man with his partner/wife (besides kids and the crippling fear of financial ruin and prawn heads in the office curtian rods).

Hundi

I would put something inspiring or clever here but don't know how
    __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

my husband always lists my sense of humor as the thing he likes most about me
    (does that me he thinks I'm homely?????)

Comment

LOL, Sami, that was funny....

I would be interested in hearing from the men....I think my boyfriend is still interested b/c I am crazy ( it can be misconstrued as spontanious)
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hundi, Sam and Vic,

Hubby (#2) says... make him laugh, keep his tummy full and BE CREATIVE in the bedroom. Men are visual... visual, visual, visual creatures .... and that does not mean a size 2.... CONFIDANCE is really one of the most compelling aphrodisiacs. Men are not looking at the flaws we see in ourselves... but it's the flaws that hold us back from being SEXY. Think sexy, be sexy...

Skoots
        "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

G'day Ladies,

I'm certainly not them most experienced of all - but rather than the odd visual (as pointed out by Skoots for instance), I have to say it's just basic respect I appreciate. My partner for instance just told me the other day how secure she felt in my presence, and how she liked my smile. These are things that just really make me feel appreciated. Of course, the s.e.x thing is important, but frankly, that is an aspect which will follow along when all other factors are ok (of which basic respect, appreciation, love, etc are part and parcel).

The moment arguing over money, and the partner's never doing anything good enough, and comparing one partner's whatever-performance to some other partner's performance ... that's when the relationship is doomed to failure ...

Anyway, my two cents ...
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

And by the way Skoots, are your three beasts part of the aphrodisiac rain dance? Mamma Mia, tell you what, you'd scare the living daylights out of me if you did that, ha, ha!
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

I'm having to have a really good think about this question..

I suppose theres lots of aspects..First off honesty..The less pressure there is on a relationship, the better it is..
              Sex is a big part of it..Humour...Respect..I know in this day an age it seams odd but having an equal relationship is so important..If you get two people competing all the time your gonna get resentment..

What keeps me intrested????..Well my first real girlfriend was Lisa..We were 16...We felt like we were adults then..We are just growing up together..She gets brighter, funnier, sexier as the years pass.
              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

My husband tells me alot that his success has alot to do with the fact that I am not a nag. I dont complain when he works late or is on the phone constantly doing business. I suppose its true becauseif I nagged him it would be all the time because he IS a workaholic. But he owns the company- he has to take the calls and he busts his ass. I also respect that fact and dont mind if he goes out with friends- he deserves it.....
                I know alot of women would be mad at not having the attention- im not like that.

G

Comment

sex helps too!!

G

Comment

So a wank is it and then another and don't complian and then make some food for the hordes

Hundi
                    __________________________________________________ _

Insert something witty and utterly hillarious here .............

Comment

I cant tell if your joking or really hurting Hundi...

Are you ok?

Comment

Hay all,

I think the way a woman caries herself is a big part of it. Also a sence of humor. She should be strong & able to take care of any situation that effects the family. I don't expect her to take care of everything, but in an emergency ya. (My mother was a strong woman; and my father was in the Army & not around quite a bit of time.)............IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hundi..
                          :l :l :l :l from here.....
                          Sometimes is does seem to be all work doesn't it?

Love you girl! Hang on.
                          Nancy
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hundi, both better have a sense of humor in case the wank wasn't all that great
                            Smiles
                            M
                            food never hurts

Comment

Hundi...since you did'nt get back i take it you are hurting...If you ever want a talk please pm either me or any one of us...Just for a bit of 1 on 1...We have spoke in chat before and you come across as a lovely woman...Please dont suffer on your own..:l

Comment

Working...
                              X