Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good Early Monday Morning, AF Friends!:h

I'm off to work in a dash but I just wanted to let you know that I heard from Perse. She is almost 6 months AF:goodjob: but has still been in constant and debilitating pain. She would really like to hear from us in PMs. She sounds like someone who could be a good friend in "real life."

Dill-you asked me about lurking on the AA thread. I've never been to AA and would never go, with some very good reasons that I've expressed before, but I do think the steps are excellent ways to begin the recovery journey....for some people, like my aunt, who just passed her 6 yr. sobriety mark with the help of AA. I do lurk on other threads as I find them helpful, but as we all know, MWO is addicting and I REALLY do have to set some limits.:H

Witts-hope you're doing well in OZ, and spending time with your grandkids.

Cyn-shouting out to you. You must be under a strict deadline.

Pap-how was your weekend?

Lots of love to Dill, Star, Lav, and everyone else, happy AF Monday!

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good morning and thanks Rusty for week three start.

Rusty, I was thinking about your reflections that it is a milestone when feelings are able to be felt without trying to drown them out with alcohol. To just deal with all kinds of feelings, accept them, get through them, then move on. Change, loss, are a hard part of life but we all experience it, and it is not easy. I have been missing my family, as seeing them the other weekend was so wonderful, but it is maybe a yearly event as we live scattered all over the place. Knowing your mom is growing older and will not be here forever is a tough realization...my mom was my best friend and I still miss her daily, and it hurts. But, over time, somehow, it is bearable. I guess there is no choice. How do we find a way to just accept what is and feel OK with the changes that are thrown are way?

Lav, this is a question I would love you to comment on. I appreciate the fact that you have deliberately chosen to be healthy, think positive, take care of you physical needs and seek out the spiritual. You protect and feed the good you have created in your life, pushing away or minimizing contact with negative individuals who try to bring you down. Our relationship with our siblings is so different as adults...sometimes it is hard to remember being young.

Weatherwise, it is going to be unbearably hot and muggy this week. I am grateful for air conditioning and work. Outside activities can only last so long in this heat.

Dill, hope your week goes well.

Pap, let us know how the weekend went.

Cyn, hope things are going well.

Pers, sorry to hear you are in pain still. Would love to hear from you.

Witts, busy with the grandbabies? Hope it is fun.

Off to prepare breakfast, then work. Have a great Monday.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good morning ~ middle of July already??
      Heat wave #4 is underway so hiding in the house in the AC is my game plan

Rusty, you do realize that the time you see listed on the posting is not necessarily your local time. I did my posting last night around 10 pm - not midnight. I was fast asleep by midnight

Star, that's a great question!
      I suppose, like with anything that practice makes perfect!
      After a lifetime of ignoring my own needs & practically killing myself to take care of everyone else I think it was just time to radically change my thinking. My natural stubbornness evolved into
      Lavan-ittude & it just feels right! I made a solemn promise to myself never to drink or smoke again & never let anyone walk all over me again. I've had it with all that

OK, today is the start of week 2 of extreme babysitting with my granddaughter. I think the girls will be staying overnight most of the week to avoid the late night drive home. Should be tons of fun!

I went outside last evening for a few minutes, parted the huge weeds in my garden & found 2 zucchini the size of torpedoes :H :H
      So much for summer gardening around here!!!

Have a great day everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Hello fellow travelers,

Rusty, you are so right about MWO being addictive!:H Sometimes I lose myself in reading on this site, but with so much valuable information and so many stories I can find a piece of myself in, who can blame me? As for the gluten-free conference in August, I gotta tell you, I'd love to hook up with you some time, but Gluten free is definitely not my thing.

Star, Rusty and anyone else interested, I wondered about the author of the book Best Kept Secret....how could she write such a realistic portrayal in a fictional novel, so I googled it. It turns out that she is a recovering alcoholic and a mother. She wrote a fiction but was drawing from personal experience. Here is a short interview with the author if you are interested:

One Crafty Mother: Best Kept Secret - An Interview with Amy Hatvany

Witts, are you back yet? Did you meet your new grandson?

Lav, "extreme baby-sitting"!:H:H I love it! That's my life lately!

Hi Pappy, Cyn, Pers, et. al., Happy AF Monday!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Up early today after a rough Monday. Nothing seemed to go right, but no major drama, just lots of those little things and feeling tired.

Lav, your idea to hide out in the AC is a good one. This super hot muggy weather is tiring me out. Thanks for sharing your decision to make changes in your life and stick to them. To be good to yourself and not let anyone use you as a door mat. Wow, it must have shocked people in your life who had been used to taking from you and not giving. Reflecting on how important it is to love ourselves in a healthy way before we can be in healthy relationships. Obviously no one is going to meet all our needs or be perfect, but if we are in relationships where we give and there is no reciprocity, there could be changes that need to be made.

Dill, I will definitely watch that link you shared. How interesting. I love this site too, feel connected here even though so many have chosen to move on. The information and sharing is valuable to me and gives me hope that change is possible, we are all human and to keep trying is so courageous. Having said that I have seen some crazy stuff, but chose to keep my mouth shut and stay out of it.

Hello to all, have a great Tuesday.

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good Tuesday morning everyone!

My hot flash alarm started at 5 am
            I cannot believe I haven't outgrown this yet - what does it take?

Dill, my granddaughter is a very busy & intense little girl, hence the term 'extreme babysitting'. When she's happy she's very happy & when she's not - look out :H

Star, I imagine a lot of people think I have lost my mind or something but that's OK because I know I haven't. I have been trying to let (some) folks know that I have simply redrawn my boundary lines & they can go wipe their feet somewhere else (and take care of their own stuff for a change). I really don't worry much about what they are thinking because that's really none of my business :H

I have hit the wall with this weather, have had enough. Now I am wishing for a quick end to the summer. Too hot, too humid, unhealthy overall. Yuck!

OK, the girls should be waking up soon - 7 am & all hell is about to break loose :H
            Have a great AF day everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

hello everyone back home again missed getting on here
              the bub is good only wakes up at 3 am for a feed at night and back to sleep again
              no problems during the day
              wow day 47 time has flown
              I will have to come back and catch up with you all

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Hey all,
                Up but having a hard time waking up. So coffee and shower, then work. Nothing interesting. Have a great day.

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Greetings Ladies!

All very good here. Hope everyone's good. It's winter, but 6 weeks till spring. Yay! Wishing y'all a fab week and a safe, happy and healthy rest of Juicin' July.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good morning kids

Hot, hazy & humid still - yuck!
                    Grateful for the central air

Daughter & granddaughter up & about too so I won't hang around now. I'll be back later.
                    Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday (Hump day)!

Congrats on the new Gbaby Witts!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Welcome back, Witts, glad the new gbaby is doing so well! Glad you are, too. Congrats on 47! Does anybody in you family know you are doing this? Has anybody noticed a change?

Star, you mentioned some of the drama that goes on on this site from time to time. I used to read and follow along with that sort of thing. I found it curious and sometimes upsetting. I decided to let that stuff go and ignore. It simply added a negative and I don't need negativity.

Lav, I think my g-daughter might be a carbon copy of yours!!!:H

Hi G, good to see you!

Happy AF Hump Day, everyone!
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

hello all

dill no one has said anything I don't even think hubby has taken much notice or said anything

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good morning to all...

Boy oh boy it is hot and muggy, and I am feeling it despite being in air conditioning. Going on a headache for the second day. Yuck. Saw on TV where the entire country is in extreme heat, I know I know it is summer. Cooling in our area is in the forecast.

Anyway, Dill, I really don't get involved in the drama, here or anywhere else. I just don't like to fight. I think when I was younger, I was more likely to lose my cool, but know, with age and wisdom, (haha) I realize it is mostly just not worth it. Plus, I like the positive interactions on our particular thread and some of the others on Monthly Abstinence. I do browse from time to time though. Your granddaughter sounds adorable, I want one, but it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

Witt, I was kind of surprised that no one in you house noticed your efforts and AFness. How come do you suppose? We notice and I say you are wonderful, doing a great job, and deserve how good you are feeling. As a mother are you kind of just taken for granted? Sometimes I am and it makes me a little irritated. Again, good job.

Lav, it is so hot my makeup is melting off my face. Literally, going outside I am entirely wet as my body is trying to protect itself. Hopefully a little cool off this weekend.

Taking good care of myself and happy it is Thursday. To all, have a good day.

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Good morning friends,

Heading up to a humid 98 degrees here today & tomorrow
                            It's feels pretty disgusting to be perfectly honest. Keeping my fingers crossed for my poor feathered friends outside & buying them bags of ice to help them get thru the afternoons.

Grandaughter not up yet. I guess she's recharging her batteries for another day of rip-roaring fun :H
                            Having the two 2 year olds here yesterday was rough, I kid you not! No way could I deal with that everyday, crazy!!!

Witts, I wish you continued success & am happy to have you here with us
                            We don't always get the recognition we'd like at home but that's OK. Coming here everyday keeps me happy & motivated!

Have a great AF Thursday everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Juicin' July-Week 3

Hello All!

Star, you and me have the same approach. I try to avoid conflict and confrontation. If I don't have to be involved, I don't insert myself! Life is too short to waste time on negativity.

Lav, 2 year olds are a special breed!:H My g-daughter learned the word "no" not too long ago and she loves to use it whenever she can!

Witts, does Mr. Witts imbibe? Was he even aware that you were having an issue with alcohol? Mr. Dill was aware that my drinking levels had gotten out of control and he asked me to quit. That actually complicated my quit. I wanted to quit but once he did that it changed the dynamic. I needed him to stay out of it. Does that make sense to you at all?

Yes, another hot day here too. The AC is already on and it's just 9:00 am!
                              Dill

Comment

Working...
                              X