Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Wed 17 July

Hello! Goodbye!
    I just lost my post and it was my fault. Had too many windows open on the computer.

Nothing much to report - just working away and living the sober life. Will read what others post later:durn:

Big day tomorrow - have a lot to prepare tonight for it.

af Wed 17 July

Mae, all.

TT, we're online at the same time! Almost never happens. I glanced (for the 100th time?) at your location, and was reminded how much I love New Zealand. I had the chance to spend a month there years ago, hiking and adventuring in the South Island. I could absolutely live there, among a small handful of places on earth. I'm so glad you are part of my daily thread, and wanted to tell you that. :l :l

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Thanks Cat. Yes, it is a lovely country - but like all places there is an underbelly.
      Haha my cat just wandered in from licking his chops post-dinner and now wanting to go out and have his evening fun. We let him out at night if he wants. He can't get the girls pregnant and he does not fight and I don't think he is doing drugs or AL. But you never know do you? :H:H

Here is the beginning of this thread that was lost - sorry I haven't rescued everyone's names but you are in my wearisome thoughts...

MAE - evening here and a pile of dishes awaits! Anyone care to help out? Probably most of you are hiding from the heat. Or submerged in the pool. Cinders - none of those special cups.:egad:
      Well I don't know much about pools - not a feature where I live. I'm surrounded by water!
      We got up to 14 degrees celsius here today but looks like there will be a frost over night.

Nothing of importance to report. Just troddling along! Big day tomorrow - lots to do at work.

Mick - any news on your non-op?

Pauly - hope you get some relief from the allergies. My daughter gets hay-fever bad in summer. One thing you can be grateful is that being AF probably helps to keep the allergies down.

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Which thread are we going to use?

Hi, Affers, :welcome:
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Wed 17 July

I'll post to this one since it has more posts.

Hi there, friends.

I hope all are having or will have a good hump day. :-)

TT
          ...just working away and living the sober life.
          Isn't it amazing? I couldn't imagine this even a few months ago. Now I, too, am just working away and living the sober life. My heart swells with joy and gratitude for it.

CB, I have always wanted to go to New Zealand, myself. I love to fish and that is one part of the world that has incredible trout fishing. The country is incredibly scenic and I can see why so many movies are made there. I am sure the actors and directors want to spend time there. :-) I read up on it and it is very difficult to become a kiwi. Their immigration requirements are very tough. Good on them. They are protecting a beautiful part of the world.

I am glad that WC will cover your medical bills. It is tough when you have to pay so much. Hubby's illness this spring hit the check book very hard, despite insurance. We maxed out the out of pocket already. Now we are fighting about some denied coverages that could total over $20K!! He sent the info to HR. There is no way we can pay that AND there is no way we should. It is an argument over preauthorization and preauthorization was done by the doctor and home health care agency prior to starting it. If necessary, we will get a lawyer.

One more thing I am grateful to be AF about, myself. In the past, I would have let this send me down the hole again. Today, I can calmly look at the situation and assess how to deal with it. Not even getting anxious about it and that is a miracle all to itself!!

Pauly, I agree about being AF helping the allergies. I have no idea why, but drinking causes sinus issues all of itself. I take Zyrtec every morning prophylactically. (Spell checker did not like that word.) I suffer minor allergies in the spring, have a strong allergy to the mimosa trees in the summer and the fall with ragweed, etc, is a killer. I dislike it when I have to take sudafed, the real one, as the otc ones don't help me.

Lav, Alabama is finally getting the weather you have been suffering through. Usually it is the other way around, we are suffering it and you are only getting it off and on as the jet stream moves up and down. This year has been topsy turvy weather wise.

Are you managing the sitting okay? 4 1/2 more weeks, isn't it?

PPQP, Good news that you are recovering so quickly from the sprained back. Having had some serious pain in the past, I always cringe when others report back pain. There was a time last year when I got out of bed and walked around bent over for about 30 minutes before I could straighten up. Luckily, a shot of steroids to the spine fixed it up quite nicely. So far, anyway. (Knock on wood.)

Det, You are sounding awesome. Hugs.

Y@H, Thinking of you and hoping all gets better and better for you.

Blondie, You, too, sound good these days. Maybe some day I can visit Australia and see Perth and Sydney, etc. I was so surprised to find out how large that land mass is. It is almost as big as USA!! Only a lot fewer people.... I guess more desert that is inhospitable, though.

Mick, Copy your other post and post it here. Then delete the thread. :-)

Keep up on the physio. I agree that anything is better than surgery if possible. There are always too many things that can go wrong with surgery. Here in the states, not the least are deadly infections.

News from my neck of the woods. We are getting many contacts for possible work. I am pretty excited, myself. I am also working on my SQL class. It is fun because I know much of it already and love learning the things I never did understand.

We are now going to have to figure out how to raccoon-proof our bird feeders. This is the second day in a row I have awakened to the feeder bent all the way to the ground. I thought the squirrels were daunting!! I do not want to have to kill the raccoon, which, I am sure is the first thing hubby will think of. :-(

It is late twilight here, the sky is the light azure blue and there are little puffs of clouds all pink and orange. No light on the eastern tree tops yet but it is coming.

I guess I better get my hiney in gear to start my day.

It is amazing to know that I will start and end this day sober and able to tackle whatever comes this way.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Wed 17 July

my original post

MAE everybody and how are we today? ok I hope....Me still building fence panels out of pallet wood. to buy the panels pre made they are ?36 each!!I am buying the pallets at?1 each so for each fence panel made all its costing is ?2.50 ..and my time..its a pain splitting the pallets down but..when I eventually finish...doing a we bit at a time,I will have made 11 panels up....bit of a saving on that one!!Also at the doctors tonight see what he says whether he will refer me for physio ..or throw his toys out for me not having the op we shall see
            Tea and coffee?

Evennig TT hows you n daughter getting on? ok? yep being af has got its good points driving....you dont need to stop for a wee so often!! have a good evening

Blondie ..well wheres the piccies? cmon get them on here !!how are you did you mean divng as in scuba diving when you mentioned fjiord land?I used to love diving ,but sadly had to pack it in....hence now I do what I do on Sundays!!

Aha tis I Lucifer!!! morning Lav ..well did hell break out yesterday or wasnt it as bad as you imagined?heres a devilishly hot coffee for you..its a repeat performance today as well I take it?best o luck!!

Hiya ppqp...how are you today ? hows the back?Well thats taught madam nosey a lesson hasnt it? 3 day week?uuuuunnluucky!!!Im sure you could work the logistics out for a water feature .would be nice.As for allergies,I tried Piriton...all it did was made me feel crap and sleep so thats history!!!Any plans for today?

Hiya Pauly ..hows you ? hope you are feeling a wee bit better today.Got to echo Cinders comments ..good to see you on here taking part.

Hiya Cinders...big well done to you on starting this business...I really hope it takes off for you .Keep at it we are rooting for you.

Morning SF..wow thanks for the graphics...projectile firing ..could be the start of an olympic sport here!!!how are you feeling after the dentist? ok I hope..you have a good day

Hiya Det how are you today mate? yep with you on the dentist one!!!doing really well you are in the wine world excellent...your name got you through!!!!

right peeps off we go..take care n have a good day

What do men and mascara have in common?
            They both run at the first sign of emotion.
            What do men and pantyhose have in common?
            They either cling, run, or don?t fit right in the crotch!
            What do you instantly know about a well-dressed man?
            His wife is good at picking out clothes.
            What has eight arms and an IQ of 60?
            Four guys watching a football game.
            What is the difference between a sofa and a man watching Monday Night Football?
            The sofa doesn?t keep asking for beer.
            What is the difference between men and women?
            A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.
            What?s a man?s definition of a romantic evening?
            s*x.
            What?s a man?s idea of honestly in a relationship?
            Telling you his real name.
            What?s the best way to force a man to do sit ups?
            Put the remote control between his toes.
            What?s the best way to kill a man?
            Put a naked blonde and a six-pack in front of him. Then tell him to pick only one.
            What?s the difference between Big Foot and intelligent man?
            Big Foot?s been spotted a several times.
            What?s the smartest thing a man can say?
            ?My wife says??
            What?s the quickest way to a man?s heart?
            Straight through the rib cage.
            Why are all dumb blonde jokes one liners?
            So men can understand them.
            Why can?t men get mad cow disease?
            Because they?re all pigs.
            Why did God create man before woman?
            He didn?t want any advice.
            Why did God create man before woman?
            Because you?re always supposed to have a rough draft before creating your masterpiece.
            Why do doctors slap babies? butts right after they?re born?
            To knock the penises off the smart ones.
            Why do female black widow spiders kill the males after mating?
            To stop the snoring before it starts.
            Why do jocks play on artificial turf?
            To keep them from grazing.
            Why do little boys whine?
            Because they are practicing to be men.
            Why do men like smart women?
            Opposites attract.
            Why is it good that there are female astronauts?
            When the crew gets lost in space, at least the woman will ask for directions.
            Why is psychoanalysis a lot quicker for men than for women?
            When it?s time to go back to his childhood, he?s already there.
            Why is it difficult to find men who are sensitive, caring and good looking?
            They all already have boyfriends

Little Johnny was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy bar after another.
            After the 6th one, a man on the bench across from him said, ?Son, you know eating all that candy isn?t good for you. It will give you acne, rot your teeth, and make you fat.?
            Little Johnny replied, ?My grandfather lived to be 107 years old.?
            The man asked, ?Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time??
            Little Johnny answered, ?No, he minded his own F&$%ING business.?

Arthur is 95 years old. He?s played golf every day since his retirement 30 years ago.
            One day he arrives home looking downcast. ?That?s it,? he tells his wife. ?I?m giving up golf. My eyesight has gotten so bad?once I?ve hit the ball, I can?t see where it went.?
            His wife sympathizes, and as they sit down, she says, ?Why don?t you take my brother with you, and give it one more try.?
            ?That?s no good,? sighs Arthur. ?Your brother is a hundred and three. He can?t help.?
            ?He may be a hundred and three?, says the wife, ?but his eyesight is perfect.?
            So the next day, Arthur heads off to the golf course with his brother-in-law. He tees up, takes a mighty swing, and squints down the fairway. He turns to the brother-in-law. ?Did you see the ball??
            ?Of course I did!? says the brother-in-law. ?I have perfect eyesight.?
            ?Where did it go?? asks Arthur.
            ?I can?t remember.?

To whom it may concern:
            Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed that the new program began making unexpected changes to the accounting software; severely limiting access to wardrobe, flower and jewelry applications that operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.
            No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.
            In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalls many other valuable programs such as Dinner Dancing 7.5, Cruise Ship 2.3, and Opera Night 6.1 and installs new, undesirable programs such as Poker Night 1.3, Saturday Football 5.0, Golf 2.4 and Clutter Everywhere 4.5. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and invariably crashes the system. Under no circumstances will it run Diaper Changing 14.1 or House Cleaning 2.6.
            I?ve tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix Husband 1.0, but this all purpose utility is of limited effectiveness. Can you help, please!!!!
            signed
            Jane
            Dear Jane:
            This is a very common problem women complain about, but it is mostly due to a primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 with no idea that Boyfriend 5.0 is merely an ENTERTAINMENT package.
            However, Husband 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and was designed by its creator to run as few applications as possible. Further, you cannot purge Husband 1.0 and return to Boyfriend 5.0, becauseHusband 1.0 is not designed to do this. Hidden operating files within your system would cause Boyfriend 5.0 to emulate Husband 1.0, so nothing is gained.
            It is impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge the program files from the system, once installed. Any new program files can only be installed once per year, as Husband 1.0 has severely limited memory. Error messages are common, and a normal part of Husband 1.0. In desperation to play some of their ?old time? favorite applications, or to get new applications to work, some women have tried to install Boyfriend 6.0, or Husband 2.0. However, these women generally end up with more problems than encountered with Husband 1.0.
            Look in your manual under ?Warnings: Divorce/Child Support?. You will notice that this program runs very poorly, and comes bundled with HeartBreak1.3. I recommend you keep Husband 1.0, and just learn the quirks of this strange and illogical system.
            Having Husband 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest you read the entire section regarding General Partnership Faults [GPFs].
            This is a wonderful feature of Husband 1.0, secretly installed by the parent company as an integral part of the operating system. Husband 1.0 must assume ALL responsibility for ALL faults and problems, regardless of root cause.
            To activate this great feature enter the command ?C:I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME?. Sometimes Tears 6.2 must be run simultaneously while entering the command. Husband 1.0 should then run the applications Apologize 12.3 and Flowers/Chocolates 7.8.
            TECH TIP!
            Avoid excessive use of this feature. Overuse can create additional and more serious GPFs, and ultimately YOU may have to give a C: I APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal operations.
            Overuse can also cause Husband 1.0 to default to GrumpySilence 2.5, or worse yet, to Beer 6.0. Beer 6.0 is a very bad program that causes Husband 1.0 to create FatBelly files and SnoringLoudly wave files that are very hard to delete. Save yourself some trouble by following this tech tip!
            Just remember! The system will run smoothly, and take the blame for all GPFs, but because of this fine feature it can only intermittently run all the applications Boyfriend 5.0 ran. Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly.
            Consider buying additional software to improve performance. I personally recommend HotFood 3.0, Lingerie 5.3 and Patience 10.1. Used in conjunction, these utilities can really help keep Husband 1.0 running smoothly. After several years of use, Husband 1.0 will become familiar and you will find many valuable embedded features such as FixBrokenThings 2.1, Snuggling 4.2 and BestFriend 7.6.
            A final word of caution!
            Do NOT, under any circumstances, install MotherInLaw 1.0. This is not a supported application, and will cause selective shutdown of the operating system. Husband 1.0 will run only Fishing 9.4 and Hunting 5.2 until MotherInLaw 1.0 is uninstalled.
            I hope these notes have helped. Thank you for choosing to install Husband 1.0, and we here at Tech Support wish you the best of luck in coming years. We trust you will learn to fully enjoy this product!

Supposedly, these are actual advertisements that have appeared in papers across the country.
            Lost: small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family.
            A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms.
            Dinner Special ? Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.
            For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
            Four-poster bed, 101 years old. Perfect for antique lover.
            Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too.
            Wanted: 50 girls for stripping machine operators in factory.
            Wanted: Unmarried girls to pick fresh fruit and produce at night.
            We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.

Comment

af Wed 17 July

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Wed 17 July

MAE all!

Cinders, it is glorious to hear such a joyful AF post from you. It does my heart proud. I don't know what you have hung your bird feeders on, but my aunt swears by putting vaseline up and down the metal posts she hangs them on. If the coons can't get a good grip, they can't climb up. Another thought is if you can post them high enough off the ground, because coons can't jump very good, either. I'm glad to hear that you have some prospects for your cleaning company. If you remember Gypsy, she has started a successful cleaning company up in Alaska, and she has been sober for quite a while now.

Thanks for the well wishes. I got a call from a group practice in a nearby town who is interested in interviewing me. They are looking for someone to work at least half time, so we will see how that goes. I am trying to be open to what the universe has to offer right now.

Mick, I saw your other post, and if you are starting to feel better without surgery, go for it! You can always have surgery later if needed. I'm glad to see you got your post over to this thread.

Hope you're both having a great day, TT and CB.

Has anyone heard from LTLW? Waves to Kuya, if you're lurking.

I've got to run, I actually have an early client today. Be well, all, and hugs to those yet to come.

:l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Wed 17 July

MAE everyone from hot hazy humid Toronto! I've been out for a 25k bike ride and it was killer. I had made a date with a co-worker but when I got up I'd found she'd cancelled due to the heat. I figured well I'm up might as well go ahead! There was a time when I'd be the one cancelling, and I'm sure you can guess why! But I'm determined to be as fit as I can be, and enjoying the process.

Went to see the latest Star Wars Movie yesterday, in 3D, it was amazing! I love the special effects and it takes me back to my youth.

Mick here it takes forever to get a surgery date (unless it's an emergency) but it's free so we don't complain! Good idea trying out physio first!

Cinders I've heard that cayenne is the trick. Racoons hate it and birds don't mind at all.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Good afternoon Abbers

The morning was a complete blur.....
                    I had to go pick up my grandson & bring him here for the day SO I have two 2 year olds dancing to the Elmo song in front of the TV at the moment :H :H
                    I absolutely could not deal with these two kids on my own everyday, no way mg

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF day! I'll try to get back later after at least one of them goes home

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Quick check in....

Hot here....so spending the day in the office. I've already put on headphones and it helps drown out the coworkers

My son got braces today.....so not sure what tonight will hold. Church, pool or cuddling. The kids love to go Wednesday Church. Usually when I am trying to get out of it.....they already have their shoes on when I hit the front door.

See you guys tomorrow:l

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Hi Sunflower
                        My 15 year old daughter has had braces for about 18 months and this will continue for some time. It hurt for a few days and I spoiled her with soft treat food but she soon adjusted. Now eats all kinds of foods except gum. She has gone from top only to both levels and now to wearing rubber bands as well. All taken in her stride and she is meticulous with teeth cleaning.

Probably should have PM'd this info but just to give you the heads-up that its a big deal but they can cope. Of course each mouth is different!

Take care:h

Comment

af Wed 17 July

MAE to all FABbers...and all who pass through here!

I usually have time to read and try to keep up with everyone these days....but posting....well, it's always tougher. Mainly because of the time zone difference. By evening, when I finally have time to think about posting....the thread for the 'next' day (to me ) is already up and active. So I'm not really sure where to post or reply! Not complaining....just explaining. These days, I'm overrun with non-stop guests. So, even evening posts are out. I'm sneaking in a rare daytime post while my latest gang is out sightseeing.

Cat and Mick - it's great to hear you two are on the mend. Cinders...your post today also made me feel proud. You REALLY have come quite a ways in your thinking in a short period. YAH - you are another one who has made huge strides in brain retraining. Did you breeze through that big reunion challenge with authority or what? TreeTops, you are growing leaps and bounds - you are like your name. You have climbed high and know that freedom is infinite. Deter....it is so good to have you back and strong and garlicky! And SunFlower - look at you go, girl. You've got it this time. You really do.

These days, I am really focusing on meditation and gratitude to keep the brain chemistry mix at the right level. Who would've thought that keeping a toxin out of my body would do me so much good! It's just amazing. Lav...I am so grateful that you so generously share your simple, but powerful message about THE decision that changes and saves lives: Just don't drink. No matter what.
                          Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

af Wed 17 July

Turn, yes, I breezed through the reunion, only to be clobbered the next week with cravings, until my esteemed colleagues here pointed out that perhaps I wanted a REWARD for being so good. LOL The interpretation stuck, and I have been craving free since, but thank goodness for the group here to help when stinking thinking kicks in. :l

It's nice to see you posting. Stay near.
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X