Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 21st

hello everyone
    to-day is wonderful daughter and kids have just left .......and left me with a mess ...but thats all part of the fun of having them
    have a good day everyone :thanks::heart

sunday 21st

Cinders I hope that you are feeling better today.

Had a wonderful day with my boys. Walked downtown and took in shops that sell really expensive stuff...the kind of stuff that makes you wonder who buys this crap? I was surprised that they enjoyed the art gallery.

Then while driving to the fancy library the passenger window rolled down all by itself....I am not joking...I saw it go down and no my son was not pushing any buttons. We could not get it back up.....and even with the ac blasting....it was so hot in the car! Get to fancy library and I go to get a new card as we now are in a new county....and the lady tells me that county is now charging $50 a year for a card. I asked her politely when did public libraries start charging? Ok I was not polite.

All this happened after we had stopped at Whole Foods to use a coupon for a free family size dinner. As we stood there deciding what we wanted....a woman asked me what she should choose as she was buying dinner for a family where the Dad is dying of cancer. I gave her our coupon and we left. My boys asked me why I did that. I explained that when you do good things it makes you feel good and then usually good things happen for you when you need them.

They later could not stop laughing.....gave woman coupon, car window gets stuck and the library's wants $50. Apparently....we have to wait a bit longer for karma to kick in.

Comment

sunday 21st

Hi there. Quick hello to everyone. I had a good day - long walk by the sea with daughter, finished a report for work and now chilling out.
      Special hello to WE - thanks for starting the thread.
      SF - yeah, the little things can really bug us but in the big scheme of life - what matters? You did right with giving away the meal voucher.

I watched a disturbing short doco on TV about AL and violence in Australia. Not just young men either. I note the word AL was used but not alcoholics or addiction.

Plus big earthquake here at the top of the South Island and in Wellington but no serious damage., still I gather people are on alert. I don't live in that area.

Comment

sunday 21st

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the startup Witts
        Glad you enjoyed your family day.

SF, so nice of you to pass on the food coupon
        I haven't been in a public library in ? years, had no idea they are charging 'membership fees'. What's up with that?

Greetings TT! Earthquakes - geez, glad you are OK!
        I really wish I lived closer to the coast, love the water.

Supposedly the heat wave is to break today, we shall see. I'm sure it will rain at some point today.
        I have work to finish up so I'll just stay inside & enjoy the AC

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sunday 21st

happy sunday everybody a hot,humid,hopefully stormy day here in vegas,i hate humidity,i can handle the heat,but humid,not so much,sf,we have those fancy shops here too in cesars,bellagio,etc,i love walking through and looking at some of the crazy,overpriced stuff,or those shops that have a handful of shirts and slacks,a security guard,but no customers? crazy stuff,i havent gone to a library for ever either,maybe they need to charge to cover lost revenue,who knows,i hope you all have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

sunday 21st

hiyaeverybody ..how are you all? tried to use the phone to get on line today but to be honest politely put it was a load of crap and wouldnt work!!roll on tomorrow ..new phone arrives. been out all day and pretty tired,so back to "normal "tomorrow
            hope you all had a great weekend
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

sunday 21st

public libraries still free here and I still go there quite often. I am a big supporter of public libraries even if many people only use them for the free wifi! Especially used a lot by parents and grandparents and also as community centres. I can even recall going to libraries years ago to check out books on AL addiction (in the pre-Amazon and kindle days)!

Comment

sunday 21st

Hi All...

Sorry....having a really sh***ty day. :upset:

The BEAST is really loud right now so am posting to silence him.

DAMN...that really worked Not going to go you know where...but was thinking of it.

Think it's the latest sh**t with the lawyer that's got me down.

I am grateful that I have a home to come to for support....:upset:PPQP

Comment

sunday 21st

PPQP. OUT DAMN BEAST !!! F ---k off
                  Sending you garlic, pitchforks, talismans, iced water, ice cream, - whatever it takes!
                  You can do this cos you are a star and you know you had a shitty day but the Phoenix of PPQP will rise and conquered all

Or you might have to put up with my hyperboles!
                  I know the answer TUMERIC ,,,,!!!!

Comment

sunday 21st

:thanks: TT saw you were still on line and was hoping for a response...guess that's why I posted in the first place...
                    ....still can't quit the tears right now but you definitely helped.

Comment

sunday 21st

MAE Abbers,

Many thanks for the well wishes. I am feeling better today but not completely well. I think I will go ahead and let my doctor know and let her decide if a follow up is needed. I sure don't want to end up in hospital for three weeks again with a tube down my throat. Eeek.

SF, What a lovely story. Hugs.

WE, When the grandones spend the weekend, I am so exhausted at the end of the day on Sunday that it isn't until Monday morning that I tackle the clean up.

TT, Alcohol fueled violence is common. I think alcoholics and non-alcoholics are at risk for that. I am glad I never beat up my husband when blacked out and drunk. Hope no more earthquakes down under!!

Lav, We finally had a week of heat and humidity here in Alabama. Of course our air conditioner broke today, Sunday, midst it all. ~$300.00 to fix it.

The afternoon thunderstorms were wonderful, though. Large popups moving through the area with magnificent lightening displays. I love a good thunderstorm as long as no one is injured and there are no tornadoes.

PPQP, Very grateful you posted the beast away. Every time we go through an event that is something we would normally have drank to deal with, and we don't, I think we get better and better at convincing ourselves we don't need to get into the ring with him. Hopefully, the whole legal thing gets smoother for you.

TT, :H:H:H on the tumeric!!

Mick, Blondie, Y@H, June, Det and all other aberoonies, I hope you have had a wonderful Sunday.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sunday 21st

Cindi, glad you are seeing some improvement but be sure to talk to your Doc anyway, OK?

PQ, cry a little if you have to but then move on to something else. Let's get some positive thinking going here as a group. A power group of positive thinkers - sounds cool
                        We are here if you need us!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sunday 21st

whew! hay ABsters!

just back from the desert where it was a lovely 106F today and 105 yesterday. I drank more than a gallon of water before lunch both days and was NOT urinating enough. yikes.

witts End, thanks for getting us rolling

PPQ, extra hugs for you dear xxxxxxxx! update?

Cindi, hoping you don't have surgery in your near future. positive vibes heading your way.

at least I've been too busy to have any AL thoughts Monday will actually feel like a holiday. then I'm back on the road in Cali Til Friday. zoom zoom.

be well friends
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

sunday 21st

PPQ - you need an extra dose of Mick's jokes. Agree with Cindi - getting through another stressor sans alcohol is a great reinforcer.

Cindi - glad you're faring better.

Almost lunchtime here, and I'm still rugged up in woollies

That was a big earthquake in Wellington; shows how well designed the buildings are.

Just a quick break from the frustrations of IT and admin/support

Hope everyone's well

Comment

Working...
                            X