Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juicing july week 4

hello everyone another week and nearly the end of the month
    soup turned out great Hubby still having left overs ( i did say I made a big pot ... boiler actually )

juicing july week 4

Only the pure in heart can make a good soup.
    Ludwig van Beethoven

Hey Witts, thanks for the start! Mr. Witts is a lucky man, to be sure.

Week 4 already?
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning friends!

I'm starting my day completely irritated
      The darn fire alarm went off at 1:45 this morning scaring the hell out of me & the dogs!!!!! I ran around the house made sure there was no fire & talked to the alarm company. Then it took at least an hour until my heart rate returned to normal. I am irritated because this is the same problem I was having with the old system & just had it replaced about two years ago. Ugh!

Greetings to Witts, Dill & everyone.
      My daughter & granddaughter will return today for week 3 of her 5 week summer course - time is flying

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

juicing july week 4

I woke up to rain, which was unexpected, porch cushions will be drenched, darn it.

Rusty, what a nice weekend, lovely story about the lady meeting an older gentleman. Interesting that she sat alone and drank at night...how sad. I love my time off so I can exercise and sleep so much better too. I love summer, with swimming, biking, walking. It goes too quickly.

Dill, hope you had a nice weekend. I never got to the library, will try today before work. I try not to think of stupid things I did in the past. I think most people forget that stuff, but still I understand the regrets. Sometimes they creep on me and I allow myself a little time to feel badly, then focus on the now. We all made mistakes, it is our current efforts that count.

Lav, you have worked on letting the past go, from what you say, as part of the changes you have made in your life. Sounds like it was a daily practice, then over time, your focus is on the present.

Wittsend, the soup sounds delicious. Hope your doing well.

Mondays as always are hard days, and yet I want to get out of the house. So, off to work soon. To all have a great day.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good Morning,
          Lav, YIIIKES! That sounds awful waking to a fire alarm. What do you mean you "talked to the alarm company"? Is you fire alarm directly monitored by a company like a security alarm is? I only have the average run-of-the-mill smoke detector (which goes off just about every time I cook!:H).

Rusty, Like Star, I was interested in the story of the chardonnay drinking lady too. If I were single (divorced or widowed), that could very easily be me. I'm so happy for her that she found someone to share life with. I have no doubt that you will find such a companion. Especially with all the positive changes you have made in your life.:h

I woke to rain too, also unexpected. Oh, and yesterday I bought 2 floating chairs to take to the lake, inspired by Star's post. I can't wait to try them out. Not today tho. Darn that rain!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

juicing july week 4

Het Star & Dill, please feel free to send some of the rain this way.....
            What I really want is a cold rain!!!!

Dill, yes my fire & security system is monitored by a company. They call to check first before dispatching the fire company. These systems are nice when they work. I think I was happier in the old days in my old houses that didn't have all this nonsense. Of course, being out here alone in cow country it does give me a little sense of security. I just haven't figured out yet how yo explain the false alarms to the dogs :H
            One followed me around from room to room while I looked for a possible fire & the other sat in her crate howling the whole time. Talk about noise :H

I think it's important that we don't waste time & energy on guilt & regrets. It's all history now, we can't change it so the best thing is to move on
            Dill, go back to 'The Power of Now' & read a chapter or two - really helps me!!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Hi fellow Juicers!!
              I sincerely apologize for the lapse in communicating. Everything is fine-just busy and busy melting!!! There have been some nites I haven't even opened up my laptop which is not like me at all!
              I haven't read back yet to catch up but will try to do so soon.

To catch you all up on me, nothing big happening. I did have a lovely weekend off from the demo job. A get together with pap friends on Saturday and a wonderful day of motoring around Narragansett bay with my dad and bro and his family. No wind so the sails never made it up. We moored in a nice cove, swam and then had lunch. I have a nice face burn to remember the day by (forgot to reapply the sunblock after swimming).

This coming weekend is my big agility trial up in Maine. This is the "camping" trip with my hoarder friend. 8 dogs and 2 people in a 30 foot trailer. Should be interesting at the very least and if we don't kill each other it will be a success. She's really getting on my nerves lately and I have to wonder if there is a chemical imbalance or the beginnings of dementia. No proof, just a feeling. Anyway, we're going through with it for now.

LM had his annual last Thursday and I got the results of all his blood work tonite. He still has Glomerulonephritis so I guess I have to accept that I will lose my boy earlier than what is normal for this breed. It is somewhat controlled and he doesn't act or seem "sick" so I will be grateful for that. Sigh. I just pray we have at least 2 more years together.

Lav-sorry about the alarm malfunction-I totally understand the panic and the adrenalin. I hope they can fix it soon.

Star, Dill, Witts-good to see you. I too hope your rain comes our way. We didn't get a really good cold front come through Saturday nite. Although not as hot, the muggies never left. Double sigh. My electric bill jumped from 40 to 97 this month. Bah.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

juicing july week 4

I'm with you lav I would also be irritated by the alarm waking me up
                it would take me ages to go back to sleep ........just get back in sound sleep and time to get up again .....sorry you had such a bad night
                THe soup was great hubby still having left overs .....finished to-day
                might get another one out to do
                have a good day everyone ........love it here thanks everyone

Comment

juicing july week 4

Hey papmom, there you are
                  I figured you were busy! I hope your camping trip goes well considering you will be confined with all that wildlife :H
                  I made sure YB got himself here this afternoon to look at the alarm system especially since the source of the problem was not in the house but out in his 'special garage'. Yep, he found up giant spider web inside the sensor up on the ceiling......I don't do ladder work or giant spider stuff :H
                  It's been cleaned so I hope everything remains quiet tonight. My girls are here, I really don't wantto scare them half to death with another event like that! I hope LM remains stable for a long time to come
                  It reached about 90 today but seems to be a bit cooler tonight - there's always hope!

Hi Witts. I am a soup fan, make a lot of it myself & I will again as soon as this heat wave is over. I could live on soup
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning to all...

I could live on soup too, Lav. Actually I made some and when eating it, just don't heat it up as hot, just warm. It is hot here too, but living in air conditioning on work days, I just don't suffer much. Although last week was so unbearable, I did get sweaty and crabby. I will have to recheck out the Power of Now. I read it before, but was in a different place. The conferences I attended opened up a new way of thinking.

Pap, glad you have been busy and having a little fun. Friendships can be complicated...I have a friend who is, what would you say, unique? We don't get together much, just talk on the phone, and exchange life and ideas. I am sure your weekend will have ups and downs, that is the nature of any trips I have taken. About your doggy, sometimes even with an illness, animals will rally and live for a long time. Hope this happens for you.

Dill, those floating chairs sound fun!!! Hope you get to use them soon.

Rusty, have a great week.

Wittend, good to have you on this site too. Love your soup updates. I really am a soup fan. Sounds like you are growing stronger on your journey, really keeping focus. It is what is needed to stay on course, so good for you.

Work today, but an easier day, I have the morning off, so will try to get out for a bike ride. I love to be able to exercise. Very thankful for all I have today, focusing on the positive. I had a dream that I shouldn't try to solve all the world's problems (as if I could) but could choose to focus on what I can take care of, mainly my own stuff. Think I have been agonizing on things that are out of my control. So, one day at a time, keep it simple, and any other suggestions?

Have a great day.

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning friends!

Had lots of rain over night, we'll see if there's any real improvement out there.
                      I find this excessive heat bothers me despite living in AC as evidenced by the frequent hot flashes waking me all night long. Boo, hiss.

I'm busy with the girls this morning so I'll just wish everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good Late Morning Friends in the Land of the A-Free.

Pap-thanks for checking and special thanks for the lovely PM. I'm glad you'll be able to go to your agility competition and compete against other Agilistas. I needed your delightful words yesterday. See below.

I think I told all of you that on my first two visits to see my biggest and newest consulting client, I made two stupid mistakes that got past me, and went straight to their customer. It made my client and me look stupid, so we all had egg on our face. I was very apologetic and embarrassed, since those mistakes should NEVER have been overlooked, especially by me. My new client and the company owners were furious. Yesterday, he called and told me that the two female owners of the company, and the CEO (his father-in-law) had decided that if I make just one more stupid mistake, that I am fired. Well, I don't take well to threats. I told my client that people who threaten me get the exact OPPOSITE of the results they were trying to achieve. So, I told my client that if he wants me to move forward with them, that I will not do anything past today unless he and have a private phone conversation. I will NOT be bullied. When I make a mistake, I admit it and apologize, and do my best to make things right. This is one of the best aspects of being AF. My confidence has come back, I believe in myself once again, and I will not let some scotch-guzzling CEO intimidate me. Tomorrow, I plan on firing this client. I will be out of about $17K in income but I will get it back. I always do.

Lav, Star, Witts, I could live on soup, too.

Lav, sorry about the alarm situation. My mother's next-door neighbor has an alarm and it frequently goes off, many times late at night. Very annoying!

Comment

juicing july week 4

Hello AFers,

Star, what a dream to have. Sounds like you were(are?) a bit troubled. I can relate to that, especially the aspect of having adult children back in the home makes me anxious. I wake up in the middle of the night and realize how little I can do to make things go right for my son. He's up against so much, it makes me very sad. But I realize that I am doing all I can. He is a man now and I need to keep that in perspective. It's a balancing act, isn't it. Anyway, you asked for suggestions and I immediately thought of Cyn who would remind you of working on boundaries. It's a constant struggle, that. I also thought about working on balance. Try to balance out your worries and troubles with good thoughts and activities. I think you probably do that. You are the one that always reminds me of wholesome habits and self-care. Don't forget to be kind to yourself.

Lav, Giant spiders are not my thing either, speaking of boundaries!:H Ladders Uh-uh!:no: Thanks for the reminder about chapter 2 of Power of Now. I'll revisit.

Papmom, your trip to main could be a great mini-series! Just keep your sense of humor front and center and you'll have a great time. Don't be a stranger, we missed you!

Hey Witts, How's the restless leg syndrome going? Hey, maybe Mr. W actually deserves to be the recipient of a few kicks?

Rusty, WOW! You absolutely exude self-confidence! YOU GO, GIRL!!:l
                          Dill

Comment

juicing july week 4

hello everyone

made me laugh ...dill ....I thought the same thing about hubby and the kicks
                            It did make me guilty at first but now just say can't help what I do when asleep
                            for some unknown reason it happens at night

thanks everyone

Comment

juicing july week 4

Good morning to all...

Rusty, it is so true that when AF, our attitude exudes confidence and self-worth. Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you handle those mistakes that shows character. The CEO sounded crude and pushy, threatening too. How great that you do not have to put up with that. When I have open spaces on my schedule, I just focus on letting the Universe fill them up with new clients. They always fill up in time. It would be impossible or difficult to work under that kind of stress. Wow. Thanks for sharing that experience.

Dill, yes it is hard having an adult child live in your home. I am ready for him to move on, but it is not so simple. Yes, I am taking good care of myself, but it is always a challenge.

Lav, hope it cools off for you. It cooled off big time here yesterday. I mean turn of the AC it is chilly this am. I love it. Good soup weather.

Pap, hope you day goes well.

Wittend, may this be an exceptional day for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X