af Monday 22 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 22 July

MAE to you wonderful people! Evening here now and I have just been plodding away. Not cooking with tumeric tonight :H yes, it can be our little secret - the spice that wards off AL :H I bet we could pull a few ones with that and make a nice wee fortune. Imagine, tipping a few tablespoons of tumeric into the fine wine or the gin. Vodka and tumeric anyone?

Seriously, I hope PPQP is having a restful and well deserved sleep as I write this. We are all behind you and care.
    Det - hope you gulped some more water. Guess the water you drank was absorbed and sweated off.
    Lav - nice break from the kiddy-monsters? That ice cream you posted looks delish altho I would be hard pressed to find all of the non dairy products that go in it. I am however seriously considering buying an icecream maker and playing around with some different ingredients. Not turmeric!
    Yah - how did the interview go?
    Mick - I gather its still very hot your way. To be expected in places like where Det, Cat and SF (hi there ladies - no Det I know you are not a lady!) live but always a shocker in the UK.
    Blondie - are you enjoying some cooler weather?
    Cinders - so glad you are back on-line and sort-of better but do get the body checked if necessary. Don't treat it with turmeric!
    Gidday also to WE, and all others to come. I better go and finish dinner. I have medical checks tomorrow and will get the results of my blood test - so am feeling very apprehensive about this.

Ta ta for now and be happy (but tears will be there so thats OK too) sober and as Lav says, positive. Think sunshine - the colour of turmeric:sun:

af Monday 22 July

everybody..just thought we would start like that!!hope everyone is well.Weather over here is hot again ,but blowing a wee bit...but by tomorrow we are back to normal ..rain and thunderstorms!!Yesterday was a good one....2 mounds of soil appeared on the grass...the day before I saw one...turns out there are field mice tunnelling under the grass!!,so need to change their game plan.They have completely stripped the broad beans!!

Evening tt..how are you? yes I know its evening ..youll just need to cover that sun up!!hope the blood tests go ok for you...you will be fine..I go for mine again on Friday...seems to come round quicker!!!Anyway you have a good evening

Morning witts..how are you today?cleaned the mess up yet?

Morning SF.....Hows you?Spookey!!!!car windows going up and down on their own!!!keep going ..youll get the one that drives the car for you!!What a great gesture to that lady..take my hat off to you :applaud:

Morning lav....how are you today? now the quilt is finished ..whats next?Yep weather is supposed to break over here today and it certainly looks like its getting into that frame of mind.Watched that Amish Mafia last night....the head honcho Levi??made me laugh ..shades of big fish small pond sprang to mind!!I know some places where if he pulled some of those stunts ,he wouldnt last the day..but it is interesting when you compare it with the site!!Any plans for today ..(that is after this coffee)

Hiya Pauly..hows you today? ok I hope what you up to ?

Hiya ppqp ..how are you?:l hope you are feeling better today?this is your home..you have done brill nearly a year..so theres no way thats going down the tube for some tinpot lawyer!!No sir..so pick them feet up and lets march on!! do you think the lawyer is bothered about what he/she said to you?Right then so dont you worry bout what they said Que sera..welcome to Lavs positive thinking gang

Morning Cinders..how are you today?You know what? just looking at this thread..maybe we should rename it to "the surgery"So your day is mapped out ..cleaning up after the little ones?
    You know what ..think Im losing the plot..just read your post about the thunderstorms..and you mention at least there are no tornadoes..thought it said tomatoes ..and thought wtf have tomatoes got to do with thunderstorms? duh

Hiya Det..oh a mere 105 was it? were you static or was there a lot of foot power involved too?Every day is a holiday ...depending on how you view it!!take it easy down in Cali.

Evenin blondie ..you ok?earthquakes in Wellington...shakin in yer boots!!:H you walked into that one!!have a great evening

right peeps must go ..rabbit letting out time..be good..if you cant be good .dont get caught..if you get caught ..blame someone else!!!!:H HAND

I asked my wife to let me know next time she has an orgazm but she said that she doesn?t like to call me at work.

How true!!
    Started the new ?wine diet? last week? It?s amazing! I?ve lost 3 days already!

I?m not saying my wife?s cooking is bad?..

But several weapons manufacturers from the Middle-East have been trying to buy her recipes.

What do you get if you cross a hippo, elephant and a rhino?

..A Helephino!!

My doctor told me I had high blood pressure this morning? I took it with a pinch of salt.

I can?t believe how ungrateful my 4 year old son is. I took him out for a ride on his sledge this morning but after 10 minutes I looked back and saw he was missing. It was lucky I had to stop for petrol otherwise I may not have noticed and it would have taken ages to drive back and find him.

Why don?t women fart? Because they don?t shut up long enough to build up the pressure.

Just got a really big response to my advert on the internet saying ?Wife wanted?. In about 2hrs I had over 300 emails saying ?you can have mine?.

Why can?t elephants go on the beach?
    Because they can?t keep there trunks up

Why are men are like Ceramic Tiles?
    Because if you lay ?em right and you can walk all over them for thirty years.

What sickness does a martial artist get? Kung flu.

My maths teacher asked me a question today at school, ?What comes after 69??
    Apparently ? mouthwash ? isn?t the correct answer.

What do you call a bear with no teeth, a gummy bear!

What?s the diferrence between a rat and an immigrant?

Rats find it easier to get jobs in politics or to become lawyers.

What gets bigger when you pull it and even bigger when you put it in the hole?

oi behave!!!!!

its a seat belt.

Yesterday I went through a costly and painful procedure that required me to have my spine and both testicles removed.

Still, I got some fantastic wedding presents.

Q: Why did the man with one hand cross the road?

A: To get to the second hand shop.

ive always wanted to be a doctor but ive never had the patience?

I haven?t spoken to my wife in years, didn?t want to interrupt her.

My girlfriend said she wanted me to tease her, so I said ?Alright, fatty.?

How do you know when a crab is drunk? It walks forwards.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 22 July

yes we could call this the
      "Weather and Surgery Outlook" thread. We are a pack of battered and tossed about bodies aren't we?
      Just like the weather!

Comment

af Monday 22 July

tt ..glad you put ed on the end of that and not ers!!!:H:H:H:H
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Good morning Abbers!

Awake & sucking down huge quantities of coffee
          My fire alarm went off at 1:45 this morning - scared the hell out of me & the dogs!!!!
          False alarm so I am grateful. The alarm company called & said the problem was in the garage.......that's YB's $30,000 special garage he had built for himself. Yeah, I decided screw it - let it burn :H Of course it took an hour for my heart rate to return to normal but I eventually got back to sleep. I hope that's all the drama I have to deal with this week!

TT, I made a bean & veggie soup/stew in the crockpot yesterday & flavored it with turmeric

Mick, you really need to plan a vacation over here some day. I'll show you where the Amish hangout, they are everywhere clogging up the roads with their horse & buggies, shopping at the same stores the rest of us shop at including the liquor stores :H :H

I'd better get going, have some stuff to do & places to go before my granddaughter shows up for week 3 of extreme babysitting!
          Have a great AF Monday one & all! I see we are on royal baby watch now - oh baby!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 22 July

treetops;1535197 wrote: Vodka and tumeric anyone? :yuk:

Mick;1535213 wrote: turns out there are field mice tunnelling under the grass!!,so need to change their game plan.They have completely stripped the broad beans!!
            Mick, We thought it was field mice tunneling all over our back yard, too. It turned out it is actually ground squirrels (chipmunks.) Hubby has devised a bait station made of pvc that we can put poison into and cap off. The hole is large enough for the critters but small enough that cats, rabbits, etc can't get into them. It also isolates the poison from the birds. Just like shooting the raccoon, the bait stations sit empty. At the end of the day, he and I both hate killing anything. lol

I do believe we have no choice, just like killing the raccoon. The coon rips into storage bins, pulls the bird feeders over and gets into the feeders, etc.

The ground squirrels eat the roots from every bush and plant we have in the back yard.

Lavande;1535270 wrote:
            I'd better get going, have some stuff to do & places to go before my granddaughter shows up for week 3 of extreme babysitting!
            Hmm, extreme babysitting... Perhaps you could start a reality show. :-)

PPQP, :l:l This, too, shall pass and you will be very glad you didn't bow to the beast and let him back in your life.

Det, The dry air there lets you sweat and actually cool down, unlike here in the south where sweat just stays on our bodies and makes us miserable. Keep hydrating, your kidneys will thank you. I hope you enjoy your day at home today. Say hello to Dx.

Y@H, when do you hear from the group you interviewed with?

Blondie, WE, June, Kuya, SF and all others, waves.

Not much to report here. Lost a bit of weight in the last few days. A silver lining, I guess.

Overcast skies and fog this morning. I am hoping that the last half of summer gives me a little more pool time. It has been frustrating to have the pool and not be able to use it there year. Grrr.

I can't get into unless it is at least 86 degrees. Age related issue. :-)

I'll check back again later and see how everyone is doing.

Have a good and sober Monday, friends. We all deserve it.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in and join the AF crowd again!

Don

Comment

af Monday 22 July

hiya Chiefy ..how are you? welcome to the madhoose

Comment

af Monday 22 July

MAE there abbers! I have been busy posting in the nest, I miss you all though it's nice to talk about something other than AL. But that brings me to my question, did you start this thread with a theme in mind? I know it is monthly abstinence, and I heard that in the beginning MWO was a lot more about moderation than abstinence. I guess that meant you would need to seek out like minded abbers. Just wondering about the history, you are all very welcoming, and I enjoy your varied lives. Thanks for sharing them with me!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

af Monday 22 July

PQ....hope you are feeling better. Recently it was pointed out to me that society has made it unnatural to be sad, mad, frustrated etc. So we try not to cry, yell or anything else...that society sees as a reaction to a negative emotion. How many times has someone said...."don't cry, it will be ok"? It got me thinking....crying is a natural way to cope.

Stuffing emotions down with booze or food.....is not natural. But, it is what most of our society will do even if they are not alcoholic or over eaters.

So I think crying was just perfect. No need to mix in booze.

Off to to finish the work day.

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Don! holy crap batman! so great to see you here buddy. how the heck are you?
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Hi Det, good to see you and good to be back. I'm doing well now. I decided that I could step into the ring with the Beast again and I could handle it. The Beast kicked my ass, of course. Today is day 8 for me and I'm feeling good.

I'm spending alot of time reading posts and getting caught up with everyone....

It's good to be back...

Don

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Don't even play with the Beast chief. There is no competition.
                          The way I see it is the people on MWO who are able to kick its sorry arse are either Abstinent and fully committed or they are using medication esp Baclofen and become indifferent to the Beast. Different ways but same ends

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Hi Chief, good to see you again!
                            Giving up the fight, surrendering, admitting defeat was the best damn thing I've ever done. I wasted too much time & energy trying to fight a fight that we just can't win. Join us & please stick around!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 22 July

Chief, you made my day ol buddy. so glad you're back on the happy wagon. in fairly new days myself after a pretty rough 2012. day 90 tomorrow again.
                              you helped me tons back in my wobbly days.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X