Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 28 June

MAE absters for the revolution!
    Thought I better start the thread so that PPQP does not get confused -and also to confuse those who check the next day before it happens.
    And I check the day before postings before I post here!

Glad that Yah got the courgette/zucchini thing sorted. I think its a French/Italian debate but could be wrong. Actually we don't get them for much of the year here unless they are imported. Vege and fruit are very expensive at the moment here and crap quality.
    What do you shoot Det? AL advertisements? :H
    Hope Yah's job comes through and that PPQP has a relaxing holiday. Good luck with the sister. Not a lot you can do except provide advice and love her. We all know what rejection does to people's self-esteem.

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE BORED BY ME THINKING ALOUD...SPOILER ALERT ::l
    I know its early but am trying to organise the family holiday for Christmas/New Year - everything decent is booking up so fast. Daughter does not want to spend Xmas with my sister and her extended family and I must say I am not too worried about giving this a miss and seeing her at another date. I have always had big problems in the past with drinking when visiting my sister - not because she is boozer - actually she is teetotal but she is very critical (in a 'nice' way). I wouldn't be tempted to drink again around her (don't want to and even if I did, it was always quite a mission to sneak the drinks) but I think her criticism also rubs off on my 15 year old daughter as well. I love my sister and I hardly have any close family left but at Christmas there is always her whole extended family there - and man, are they super critical! Everyone talks about 'family' and 'love' but hell - there is a lot of passive aggressive action going on - and competitiveness (especially over how well our kids are doing etc etc). Actually just writing this out is helping me as I can see that my sobriety makes the whole scene clearer to me and also my daughter is very vulnerable at the moment and she detests gloating or showing off.

YOU CAN READ NOW
    have a great day and keep the revolutionary fires of ABS going. :waving:
    I sound like a holy roller!

af Sunday 28 June

sounds like you may be better of doing your own thing this year ... do something the 15yr
    old wants

have a good day everyone

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

TT....I understand the whole holiday family thing. We must have the same sister (except the teetoler part). Mine has this way of talking down to people. Since moving 3 years ago, we only have spent one holiday with family. I personally like spending the holidays away from all the drama.

Mick...thanks for making fun of me. Yes, the stairmaster is next to my bed.

Yah...looks like you have the job!

Bike ride, pool and Bluegrass Festival today. And a nap.....12am and wide awake:upset:

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

morning all...quick jump in as I go oot the door...hope all well..TT why not ask your daughter where she wants to go?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

SF apologies if I caused offence was actually trying to lighten it up !!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

Good morning Abbers,

TT, I think starting your own, newer & better family tradition is in order
            Putting up with bore ass extended family has been off my list for quite a long time now & I love it that way!

Greetings PQ, hope you have a good trip!

SF, sleep problems have bothered me for one reason or another for the past 18 years
            It's rough starting a new day when you haven't gotten decent rest. I think I have tried just about every trick you can think of except Rx meds - won't go there.
            At this point limiting caffeine during the day, getting enough exercise & taking some carefully selected herbals at bedtime has me sleeping pretty well. Hot flashes are still waking me every 2 hours but I am able to go back to sleep. And it has been a help that the snore-master is no longer living here

Greetings to Mick, Witts & everyone!
            I'm off to the supermarket now for my fun Sunday morning fill up - will be back later.
            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

mae everybody,tt,i wouldnt even bother with the family if they act like that,holidays should be enjoyable not something you dread,especially if it affects your little girl,i agree with the others,start your own tradition that you guys can have together for years after shes grown,all this holiday talk makes me want a hot chocolate! take care my friends and have a super sunday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

MAE Fabbies!

Moving day is history, thank goodness, and only a few scratches to furniture, walls and egos. I'm gloating because Maddie's roomies left lots of almost new spices and condiments that I took to replenish my own stash. Mwahahahahaha! She had pretty decent roomies of all nationalities. I'm not shy about that kind of thing.

TT, my sisters were living together after hurricane Sandy last year, and Maddie and I stayed home and ate Chinese and saw Les Miserables. I like each of my sisters individually, but together, they are explosive and toxic. I second the thoughts of all. People who are "nice" but critical are really not so nice, IM very humble O.

I think that our daily thread is a wonderful place to think out load, BTW.

SF, if I had a stairmaster next to my bed, it would become another place for me to "hang up" my clothes.

Happy Sunday, Mick!

Anyway, I'm in the swing of organizing, so I'd better get back to it. These moods don't last very long, so I want to take advantage while the mood is still with me.

Hi to PPQP, Cinders, Det, Witt, 3June, and anyone else I'm forgetting.

:l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Sunday 28 June

Mick...I was laughing apparently needed one of these:H

Lav....it's the naps that are killing me. Hubby has started working a late shift...so my sleep is off schedule. My August goal is to keep to regular sleep pattern. I like setting the bar high

YAH....the stairmaster has been known to be a clothes hanger Glad all the moving is done.

Comment

Working...
                  X