af Thursday 1 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Thursday 1 August

Hi there - its August and I am not sure if its winter or spring here. Sunny but cold, spring flowers out but wearing winter woolies. Can't complain though.

I think Mick is offski today - so safe travels. My decorating has come to a standstill - just received the quotation for new blinds - fainted, stood up, fainted and decided to put this on hold. Too busy anyway to give it serious thought.

Good to see you pop in SF and you sound cheerful. Keep it up.

Blondie - you mentioned holidays - is this your trip to the pastures of paradise (my country?) - you know the place where they warn that AL and weapons do not mix.

Other Blonde (UK) - one day I will give you a history of immigration to NZ but I can hear Mick groaning in despair co I might deliver a lecture :soapbox: - too tired to do so at the moment anyway. I will warn you - we are not a nation descended from convicts or Hobbits.

Glad you are having some me time - Lav. How's the Maddie time, Yah? My poor wee daughter was up to 1am last night doing homework and then up at 6am. Definitely not enough sleep for a teenager. I bet she is tired tonight.

Gidday also to No Sugar, June, Det, PPQP and all others - lurkers included.

I watched a bit of 'You've Been Trumped' last night - about the big golfcourse development in Scotland - not a happy ending for the good folk involved. Grrrrrr.

Have a terrific sober Thursday and keep up all the good work you are doing for your minds, bodies and sanity

af Thursday 1 August

hey TreeTops! just sneaking in to type the joke I just thought up:

your IP address should be located near the toilet

....hey, I didn't say it was a good joke.

soo yoos tomorrow xxx
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

stick to the day job Det!!!!

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

Quick jump in how are you all?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

A quickie from me, too, this morning. I'm off to PA to buy a couple of window air conditioners for the property. The potential renters fell through. They couldn't meet the financial requirements. Hopefully, someone suitable will come through soon.

Happy Absday, everyone!

:l
          YahYah

TT, Maddie is a tired girl! Hope your girl isn't too tired. They are remarkably resilient as teens.
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

Good morning Abbers & happy August!

Starting out with a drenching rain storm oh well!

Greetings TT!
            Spending big money on house stuff hurts, huh? I'm kinda tired of that whole thing
            I'm not going to spend a cent on anything new for my house until these three grandkids get older, they are true slobs :H
            I hope your daughter can catch up on sleep.

Hi Det, I think we'd better leave the jokes to Mick :H

Hi Mick, where ever you are!

Greetings to everyone else! I hope we all have a fab AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

Cross post YahYah!
              Good luck on today's mission
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

hidy ho Cats n Kitties!!!

ok, no more homebrew jokes for today. but maybe tomorrow if I don't get adequate sleep

unusual early check-in here. running around like a madman.

sober hugs to YAH, Mick, Lav, TTops and all to come

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

Hi again, guys. I have found a new rental agent who seems savvy and ethical. Yay! Hopefully some new tenants will not be far behind.

Lav, I could not believe the rains driving through Delaware. It was unbelievable. No one was going faster than 40 mph on I-95. Yikes! Home safely though. I'm with you on not getting anything new until the kids get older.

Hiya Det!

Be well, all!

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

I like the sound of an ethical rental agent!

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

4th week of extreme granddaughter watching is over & we all survived :H

YahYah, the rain was damn awful! I won't even drive on I-95 on a sunny day anymore let alone in weather like this Glad you got home safely!!!
                      I wish you luck with your new rental agent

Tomorrow I attack the fingerprints & the dog hair stuck in the apple juice spills :H
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

af Thursday 1 August

LOL, TT! Trust me, ANYONE is ethical after the last agent I had. Hmmmm.....

Good luck with everything stuck in the apple juice, Lav. I'm glad you get a break for a while from the child care.

Comment

Working...
                        X