Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af saturday 3 August

:disco:

MAE- trying to get some attention folks - as so far on Friday's thread we are down to 3 poor wee AF souls. Everyone else is missing in action! I know Mick is very busy and Lav is recovering (not from yo-know-what but those small energy zappers) and PPQP is hoilday-ising and Blondie is studying and Yah is dealing with daughter and real estate. What are the rest of you up to?

I watched a seriously disturbing DVD last night -"the Queen of Versailles' about David and Jackie Siegel (Timeshare barons). Vulgar opulence in the midst of the recession.

Drizzle, cold outside, and definitely no opulence - around me at the moment.

Have a great AF weekend and someone - for goodness sake, write something!!!!!!:dragon1:

af saturday 3 August

hello, here, but signing off. No longer Friday but today's as a good a day to be sober as any.
    have a good one there Treetops
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Hi, TT and MAE, All.

I watched that video several months ago. (That is how all of us in America live! :H).

Actually - that was so over the top, I kept thinking it was a fictionalized or at least exaggerated account of their lives but it was indeed a "year in the life" documentary. All that money yet that family had about the saddest and most meaningless existence imaginable.

I just re-watched a film that is very uplifting and gives you faith in the human condition: I AM The Documentary | Official Site. It is about the connectedness of all people and in fact, all living beings, as well as the essential meaninglessness of "stuff", so it is a good counterpoint to the film you just watched .

Hope I didn't chase people off this thread when I posted a few times :H. I've also noticed that a very active thread has been quiet lately.

Take care-

:h NS

PS. Hi, Sam!

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Greetings Abbers!

Hey, don't yell at me ~ I posted on Friday's thread :H :H

TT, it does feel strange when no one shows up here on this thread BUT - I know it's usually because people are just busy living their sober lives

Greetings Sam & NS, nice to see you both here - stick around

I am preparing for a visit from my nephew & his wife. I haven't seen him in 7 years & I think he wants to reconnect with family since his dad just passed last month.

OK, wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Hey Lav,
          I'm still learning what goes on here at this site. I wander, poke my nose in and sometimes understand a thread may be older or so far along that it feels pointless to join in.

Hope all are well.

Hello back at you there NS.
          Best
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af saturday 3 August

MAE Fabbies.

Another Saturday here. I really slept in this morning after staying up late with Maddie watching a movie.

I hope that you don't find monthly abs to be hard to join in Sam. I know I enjoy hearing from you a great deal here and in subs.

Lav, you have a good attitude about short-thread days. I confess that I do miss everyone.

TT, I don't think I would like the DVD you watched very much. If I had gobs of money, I would buy a farm to grow good, healthy food for people and be able to price it so they could begin to afford it and not have to worry about having to make a profit. That would be my idea of an opulent life. It would include many chickens and sheep. I would, however, be able to get away for a vacation once or twice a year, unlike many farmers.

Anyway, I have lots I want to get done today re: continuing to get stuff straightened up and put away. Since Maddie hurt her knee, she won't be participating in her warrior dash this weekend, but I think she needs the rest, anyway. Hopefully, she can help me a little. I can't believe how much I've reverted into a mother hen.

Hugs to all......

:l
            YahYah
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af saturday 3 August

MAE Abbers,

:welcome: to the AF thread, SS. People jump in and out of this thread all the time. Some feel badly when they join in and then slip so go off somewhere else.

Actually, even though this is dedicated to those of us who want to remain AF, it is not dedicated to those who have achieved that. If you know what I mean.

A lot of support here. I hope you join in.

Sorry I was MIA, friends, Mom went into hospital Wednesday morning and didn't get out until midday yesterday. As you all know, with her dementia, the hospital is a very confusing and scary place for her. I was wrapped up in that.

I'll look around on the last few days and am somewhat grateful the thread was short yesterday so I don't have too much to read. :H

I hope all have a wonderful AF weekend. I agree with SS, today is a good day to be sober.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Cinders. I trust that since she got out of the hospital, she is doing a bit better.

You are right about the Abs thread. I have hung around here many times while I was still drinking but wanting to quit. The vibe helped me a lot to develop my courage and commitment.

I'm having a nice day. Getting some stuff done, but also being sorta lazy, too. The last few weeks have been so busy. It feels nice to just do what I feel like doing.

:l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af saturday 3 August

hi all how are you all?been really busy today...between us ..fireplace out,surround out,three quarters of room been papered,new wall lights fitted ,both rabbits been to vets for check up both well and got their injections..she weighs 4.4 kgs ,him 3.8kgs!!.Got new phone which I can use hooray!!hope everyone is ok and doing well..big hi to you all and welcome samstone,,Cinders..hope your mum is ok..out tomorrow but will jump in before I go takecare all
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Cinders - very sorry about your Mum. You have so many loved ones to care for! You too Yah -although having stayed on my sister's farm - I have no desire for a farm. I have seen the dark side :H:H I think it goes back to decades ago when she made me dig out thistles from a large paddock (field) on Boxing Day.
                    Don't worry about me and docos - NO Sugar -I watch a lot of these and pull out my critical eye from the box sometimes. Its cold and dark here in the evenings so I am watching more than usual at the moment - esp on the weekends.

Good to see you Samstone - yep, as the others said -we are all works in progress - meaning we don't sit on our bums and gloat about being AF - or take it for granted. We can celebrate our AF time but its not a badge that we wear. I understand that it can be confusing (or boring) to read what seems like an on-going soap opera of the weather, visits to the Dr (or vets - as I must do) or arguing about cholesterol (blame me!). But as Lavande said - we are busy folk getting on with our sober lives. Sometimes there are crises or doubts that challenge us and our sobriety so its great to hash it out here!

Comment

af saturday 3 August

TT
                      appreciate your welcome. I am oh so aware that the badge can easily be tarnished.

Cinders
                      sorry about your Mom... I had the same ordeal when my mother was alive.. dementia and hospitals are a bad mix. They used to tied her down which upset me to no end and scared the shit out of her.

howdy Mick & YAH!

Later
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Sam, thank goodness physical & chemical restraints in hospital & nursing homes are a big NO NO these days. Of course it makes the job of keeping patients safe that much harder but it's more humane to let them wander around a bit if that's what they want to do.

Cindi, I hope your mom is OK.

Remaining AF & living better lives is our goal around here
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af saturday 3 August

Hey Lav
                          unfortunately it wasn't that long ago for my Mom, 2009-2010. I came up to see her and they had tied her down because she was tearing out her iv's. I mean they had their reasons but I made them take the restraints off and I ending up not leaving her till we got her out there. Sleep is definitely not overrated.

So this thread changes day to day?? I see Aug 4 going ?
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                          X