Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Thursday 8 August

MAE folks
    . I thought I would start the thread just to confuse those people with their heads on the roof :H:H - thats my response to Mick calling me an upside down lady.

Hi there to all -Pauly, Mick, Lav, Cinders, Det, SF, Samstone, YahYah and others.

Cinders - I hope you get some relief from all your pain and symptoms. What a lot you have going on in there. Mick's sensible advice is right on. I too am prone to trawl the internet for diagnoses although yesterday I had my first ever consult with a cardiologist who checked out my heart - and its ticking along very nicely! So good news there.

Well I am unfortunately still feeling very down - it won't just shake away - and its related to the work problems. These have to be addressed and depend on some factors I can't control. But life goes on. I am also rather snappy this morning - which I hate. Despite a good night's sleep, I feel really tired.

Pauly and Cinders - I have never really gambled and the few times I have tried this - I just couldn't get excited. Same with smoking. It never hooked me. Enough going on with my other addictions I guess!

Have a wonderful day people when your Thursday comes to fruition. I have to put on a shiney happy face and deal with the world!

AF Thursday 8 August

Morning tree tops
    Hope you have a better day today

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Morning fellow down under person! Thanks and you too have a great day.
      Its lovely and sunny over here - cold but clear blue sky.

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

MAE everyone and how are we all today?now that we are all on the downward trend to the weekend.Still waiting for the tiles to arrive ...allegedly today..we shall see Weather over here is nice and sunny, but rain is promise for later on.In the garden yesterday..big holes in the cabbages and cauli due to butterflies, so need to try and stop them feasting.
        Right off we go ..hang on going to have a brew ..any one else?

Evening TT,how are you today? mbh you sound a bit chirpier! how has the day been?any of your bottless colleagues had the stomach to tell you what the issues are as opposed to go whining behind your back? If it was me, I would be keeping a very watchful eye on them and their performance...prior to next week..would certainly chuck a few grenades into that discussion!!any way that doesnt stop you from enjoying each day so have a good one

Evening witts...thats 2 of you now said evening to and it's 9.30 am here ..dont know whether I m on my ass or my elbow here!!

Hiya Sam ..hows you today? ok I hope .so you stumbled on this thread by accident? ...must have been a pretty serious one to fall into this nest of loonies!!!:H Hope you are enjoying it.As for pics ..I use imageshack us, copy the pic into my store and then click share and copy the code over onto the threads ..what I always do is preview the post ,and then submit ..that sends the picture opened up

Hi Pauly you ok ...Who is ugly Al? never seen him on here!:H..What you up to today? owt or nowt

Hiya Cinders ..you ok? replied to you last night..still stands...51432 would be my shout..all that talk about fruit made me slobber ..yesterday I had tayberries,apples, blueberries , and peaches....loved your comment..I quote "I have a memory of sitting at a roadside fruit stand in Alabama as a little girl, listening to the cicadas and eating one of the most delicious peaches as the juice ran down my chin and the flies buzzed around me. Odd memory but it is there."
        Hey well remembered...from last week :H

Morning SF..hows you ? hey you need time for a survey because your at work???Really especially with yesterdays comments about the winetasting gang?? :H have a great day

Hiya Lav..what you doing not gettin on here till night time ..that brew I made you went cold...not acceptable ..might have to send Levi round !!!:HSo your day was dominated by kids? mine with rabbits and believe me they are as bad..Couldnt find Sam ...given away tho by Sammy sitting at the greenhouse door ..I had put a little barrier up but they thought it was like a fence in the grand national..trouble is that when he went over it the barrier angled and he couldnt get back out!!I took it down,,and just like kids ..once the naughtiness had gone and I wasnt chasing them about it they got bored!So what are you up to today ? more of the same? I ate virtually a whole pack of dried peaches yesterday as well as 2 ordinary ones ..luv em!! can you not dry them?ok heres a brew ..nearly forgot!!Strangely enough, your view on critisicm is very similar to mine..only the words are wee bit different!!!

Hi Det how are you today mate? ok I hope

Hiya YAH .how are you today?ok I hope ..just been playing with that intro .hiya yah...there are so many variations on how to say that ..depending on how and where the emphasis lies..ranges from a basic greeting hiya yah ..to sounding like a martial arts kata hi...yayah..go on try it ..tell me how many other people do too ..just to prove I aint the only nutter in the building!!!

Hi ppqp ..hows the jollies doing?nearly time to get into the garden for you!

right folks time to go so goodly bye for the noo

A man is driving down a country road, when he spots a farmer standing in the middle of a huge field of grass. Of course the famer is a blonde.
        He pulls the car over to the side of the road and notices that the farmer is just standing there, doing nothing, looking at nothing.
        The man gets out of the car, walks all the way out to the farmer and asks him, ?Ah excuse me mister, but what are you doing??
        The farmer replies, ?I?m trying to win a Nobel Prize.?
        ?How?? asks the man, puzzled.
        ?Well, I heard they give the Nobel Prize to people who are out standing in their field!?

A burly Irishman is drinking in a bar. A tiny gay fellow sits beside him. After a few beers, the gay guy whispers, ?Do you want a blow job??
        The gigantic man flips out, roars in anger, and tosses the little guy out of the bar, then returns to his stool.
        The shocked bartender says, ?I?ve never seen you react like that. What did that guy say??
        ?Dunno. Something about a job.?

A primary school teacher in the Bronx decided to see how many of the city kids knew what sounds farm animals made. She asked the kids to put their hands up if they knew the correct sound.
        ?Who knows what sound a cow makes?? she asked.
        Mary put her hand up and said ?Moooo!?
        ?Very good? replied the teacher, ?what sound do sheep make??
        ?Baaaa? answered Johnny.
        She continued this for a while.
        Then she asked ?What sound does a pig make??
        All the hands in the class went up. She was surprised at the response. She chose the shy little boy at the back of the class.
        He stood up, took a deep breath, and screamed, ?Up against the wall, motherf*cker!?

A little girl was playing in the garden when she spotted two spiders mating.
        ?Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?? she asked.
        ?They?re mating,? her father replied.
        ?What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?? she asked.
        ?That?s a daddy longlegs.? her father answered.
        ?So, the other one is a mommy longlegs?? the little girl asked.
        ?No,? her father replied. ?Both of them are daddy longlegs.?
        The little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stamped them flat. ?Well, we?re not having that sort of shit in our garden.?

An 80-year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling.
        ?I?ve never been better!? he boasted. ?I?ve got an 18-year-old bride who?s pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that??
        The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, ?Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season. But one day, he went out in a bit of a hurry, and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun.?
        The doctor continued, ?So he was in the woods, and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle. And do you know what happened?? the doctor queried.
        Dumbfounded, the old man replied, ?No.?
        The doctor continued, ?The bear dropped dead in front of him!?
        ?That?s impossible!? exclaimed the old man. ?Someone else must have shot that bear.?
        Replied the doctor, ?That?s kind of what I?m getting at.?

One night, a man and his lady friend were about to enter his apartment, when, before he could open the door, she said, ?Wait a minute, I can tell how a man makes love by how he unlocks his door.?
        The man says, ?Well, give me some examples.?
        The lady explains, ?Well, if a guy shoves his key in the lock, and opens the door hard, then that means he is a rough lover and that isn?t for me. If a man fumbles around and can?t seem to find the hole, then that means he is inexperienced, and that isn?t for me either.? Then she said, ?How do you unlock your door??
        The man answered, ?Well, before I do anything else, I lick the lock?

Jack was set to marry Jill, so his father sat him down for a little chat. He said ?Jack, let me tell you something: On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants, handed them to your mother, and said, ?Here, try these on.??
        She tried on the pants and said, ?These just don?t fit,? to which I replied, ?Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will. Ever since that night we have never had a problem.?
        ?Hmm,? said Jack, thinking this might be worth a try. So, on his honeymoon Jack took off his pants and said to Jill, ?Here, try these on.?
        Jill does so and says, ?These just don?t fit,? to which Jack replied, ?Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will, and I don?t want you to ever forget that.?
        So, Jill took off her pants, handed them to Jack and said, ?Here, you try on mine.? Jack does so and says, ?I can?t get into your pants,? to which Jill replied, ?Exactly. And if you don?t change your attitude, you never will.?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Morning Abbers,

My Kindle has died. Life as I know it has ended. :upset:

Hugs, TT. I really can't offer advice. I know how much turmoil this kind of thing can cause internally.

I wish I was more like Mick and could just say, "Bugger it." (Although everyone here would think I was insane if I said that. Being as it is not a usual American phrase.)

I'll check in later after I tinker some more with my Kindle.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Good morning Abbers!

It's 8 am & I am enjoying the hot coffee in peace & quiet. Daughter & granddaughter sleeping in a bit. Let's hope we don't have another grumpy toddler day today :H
            Tantrum taking grumpy toddlers are annoying :H

TT, I was a life-long victim of an over-active imagination too. I stopped all that nonsense about 5 years ago when I worked on getting rid of the learned habit of negative thinking!
            There's a lot to be said for positive affirmations I love this blog:
            Positive Outlooks Blog

Cindi, I sure hope you are OK!
            You have to take care of #1 first so that you can take care of everyone else

Greetings Witts! You are doing a great job!

Mick, the Amish horse & buggy traffic is picking up on my road because an Amish family just bought a farm nearby. I'm afraid I'm going to end up losing my smaller dog - she likes to chase after them I am not sure how to break that habit of hers - probably with an electric training collar - oh boy.

My daughter & granddaughter will only be here two days next week as the class comes to an end. The grandsons will return soon enough so I probably won't get much of a break - oh well.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

mae everybody,jeez all this talk of peaches mskes me want one! the hard part is finding that perfect one thats not to hard and not too gushy,ill check them out when im at work,my shop is right next to a grocery store so instead of my donut run ill do s peach run instead,or heck ill get both! hope everybody has a wonderful day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

heya ABenators across the fruited plains!

just a quick sober fly by........zoom zoom....... keep up the good fight

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

My work has me in a (good) nutty mood about al. We had to shoot a commercial for my wine client today. Due to new network rules here are the notes I had to write down for the shoot.

Beer and wine are ok. No distilled liquor, it promotes al abuse. (Apparently they never saw me with a 12 pack of miller lite)
                  Can't have person holding a glass of wine, because it gives the viewer the impression the person is going to drink it. ()
                  Drink responsibly has to be in the ad, so the viewer thinks the store is looking out for their best interest.
                  Don't drink and drive....needs to be in the commercial. (I could never drive and hold a beer at the same time anyways). I always thought it should be "Don't drink and then drive"....but then I guess no one would ever leave the bar

Today I was out with the producer and a group of people were joyfully drinking in the office. No spittoon today. It started to awaken cell ways I was uncomfortable with....so I checked with the producer and left.

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Way to go, SunFlower. It's pretty crazy when you really think about it, huh?
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Thanks YAH....it is nuts. I think if people really realized all the "rules" put in place about al advertising they would see it for what it is. I have always thought al should have to put the disclaimer at the end like pharma ads. It is a drug.

My boss and I got off topic today and the movie "something is wrong with aunt Diane" came up. He was siding with the hubby that there was no way his wife was drinking. After all there were all those people to attest to the fact that she did not seem drunk. I replied that with some people they have one beer and you know it. Others can down a fifth of whiskey in secret and you would never know it. I got this look:shocked: I quickly changed topic.

I have to go to a bar tomorrow for work. No way out of it as it is on work time. We are in an all day meeting prior that can't be missed. It's the official retirement party for a woman I really respect and not staying for at least an hour would be rude. Most at work know I quit drinking they just don't know why. I told them that when I drink I smoke. And if I drink I smoke. So therefore I don't drink anymore. Funny how they support you when they think its for smoking!

It's not the actual party I am anticipating.....it's the after effect. I knew my mind was going squirly today at the shoot and promptly went to dinner with my son. Tomorrow I have an hour drive home on a stinking Friday....after absorbing the "fun" drinking people. I won't drink....I just hope I am not a complete bitch when I get home as my mind runs a bit haywire. Guess ill just smoke when I get home.....the whole irony of the lie.

Comment

AF Thursday 8 August

Quick hello there SF - I guess one way of looking at it is that many people have to do things at work they would prefer not to. Or just be polite to people you would prefer not to share air space with. Can you have something to look forward to after the work event - that is not smoking? I try to schedule a DVD - or just some time-wasting activity that I will not feel guilty about - a bath, ice-cream, cuddles, whatever makes you feel good. It doesn't have to be major or expensive. Or when you are at the event and feeling yuk - maybe try to visualize another space in your head. Look at people's shoes. Count the number of buttons in the room. Whatever. Or just tell yourself its only a few hours in your life and tomorrow will be another day.

Comment

Working...
                        X