af day Fri 9 Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Fri 9 Aug

MAE everyone ..and how are we today? start of the weekend.Lady over the road from me..her son was buried yesterday...46 years old,2 children,brilliant musician...died of liver failure ...yep te demon drink again..what a fkn waste of life..and now 2 kiddies without a father..it really brings it home ..and yet we still do it!!!!!Iaint preaching it isnt my nature,but for all the"just have ones"think about those little ones and how their life has been so changed through no fault of their own.

ok now that I started on a miserable note..lets have a joke..

A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and his Personal Psychic Advisor tells him: ?You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you.? The frog is thrilled, ?This is great! Will I meet her at a party?? ?No,? says his Advisor, ?in her biology class.?

better..

well messed up big time moi...the tiles I was waiting for came yesterday....and they dont fit...the firplace is cast iron ,and everything is in imperial...nowadays everything is in metric, so insted of the rowbeing 5 tiles at 6 inches .they are 5 at 150 mm..big difference..fortunately the company had some old 6 inch tiles in storage so they are going to fire them for me..wont be till next week ,so put the old fireplace back in till then.oops!itll be reet when its done

Evening TT ..how are you feeling today? any better ? hope so..any plans for the weekend?

Hiya Cinders..well hows the kindle? is it fixable or is it off to kindleland?What you wish you could be like me? you mean suave debonair refined ,handsome and sophisticated?thought thats what you meant ..as opposed to bollox to this,move on!!:H

Hiya Lav ..hows you this morning? oho the end is nigh for this phase of extreme babysitting ..new series next week :H.Never mind the dog ..try the leccy collar on the Amish.watched a n episode of the breaking Amish in Florida..jeez its getting like a soap..all you need is Jeremy Kyle or Springer to jump out and the party is complete!!!Im going to make a brew ..do you want one?

Hiya Pauly ..how are you ? well did you get the peaches/donuts or both?

Hiya Det ..quick fly by that was ..how are you? weekend plans made?

SF...well done you on exit stage left when you felt uncomfortable..just reading your notes on the wine ad ..wow

Beer and wine are ok. No distilled liquor, it promotes al abuse.

thats kind of like the thinking its ok to smoke weed, but dont touch anything else, otherwise you will be a druggie!!

Can't have person holding a glass of wine, because it gives the viewer the impression the person is going to drink it.

Bit of a clue really ,wine, person people in ad..what do you think they are going to do with it?wash their feet?

Drink responsibly has to be in the ad, so the viewer thinks the store is looking out for their best interest.

hmm apart from the fact its bargain booze, 2 for 1!!

Don't drink and drive....needs to be in the commercial. (I could never drive and hold a beer at the same time anyways). I always thought it should be "Don't drink and then drive"....but then I guess no one would ever leave the bar

how right you are..wet lap time!!!always amazes me ..the message is dont drink and drive..so why are you allowed to have blood alcohol limits ..dont know about America..here it is 39 mg per 100ml

oh well
    right its 11.35 time to get going have a great weekend

A lady is walking down the street to work and she sees a parrot in a pet store. The parrot says to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? Well, the lady is furious! And she storms past the store to her work. On the way home she saw the same parrot in the window and the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? Well, she was incredibly ticked now. The next day see saw the same parrot and the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady, you are really ugly.? The lady was so ticked that she went into the store and said that she would sue the store and kill the bird. The store manager said, ?That?s not good.? and promised he wouldn?t say it again. When the lady walked past the store after work the parrot said to her, ?Hey lady.? She paused and said, ?Yes?? and the bird said, ?You know.?

If your wife comes out of the kitchen to whine at you,what have you usually done wrong?
    Made her chain too long.
    A man and woman where on their honeymoon after a long and very happy courtship. On their honeymoon, they decide to take their horses through the beautiful mountain passes of Europe. As the horses were crossing a small stream, the womans horse mis-steps and jostles the mans wife. Once across the stream, the man dismounts, walks over to the horse, and stares into its eyes. Finally, he states, ?Thats one.? The man remounts his horse and they continue their ride.A bit further down the path, the womans horse stumbles when stepping over a fallen tree. The man dismounts, stares the horse in the eyes, and boldly states, ?Thats two!? He returns to his saddle and they move on.As the afternoon sun began to set, the womans horse once again lost its footing on a mossy slope. The man dismounts, moves to the womans horse, and helps his wife out of the saddle the man. Moving to the front o f the horse he stares it in the eyes and firmly says, ?Thats three,? removes a pistol from his vest, and shots the horse dead.The woman, quite upset at seeing the beautiful horse killed, says to her husband, ?Thats terrible, why would you do such a thing!?The man stares at his wife and firmly says, ?Thats one!?

A young man called his mother and announced excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams. ?Now what should I do?? His mother has an idea. ?Why dont you send her flowers, and on the card invite her to your apartment for a home cooked meal?? He thought this was a great strategy, and a week later the woman came to dinner. His mother called the next day to see how things had gone. ? I was humiliated,? he groaned. ?She insisted on washing the dishes.? ? Whats wrong with that?? asked his mother. ? We hadnt started eating yet.?

Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. ?Oh Marie,? she said to her maid, ?I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary.?"I dont believe it for one minute !? Marie snapped.?Youre just saying that to make me jealous !!!?

A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt.
    Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh Rocher ?

Paddy was stood at a bus stop when Mick pulls up in his car,
    ''Do you wanna lift Paddy'',
    so Paddy says ''no thanks Mick, I might miss my bus''

Nelson Mandela is sitting at home watching TV and drinking a beer when he hears a knock at the door. When he opens it, he's confronted by a little Chinese man, clutching a clip board and yelling,
    "You Sign! You sign!" Behind him is an enormous truck full of car parts. Nelson is standing there in complete amazement, "I have not ordered this". The Chinese man looks very puzzled, consults his clipboard, and says, "You not Nissan Main Deala?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Fri 9 Aug

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickoff and the coffee. Sad to her about your neighbors son, but the reality is what we need to hear. Best laid plans eh Mick? Oh well, at least you were able to order the tiles you need.

Sam...new face on the thread, :welcome: Looking forward to getting to know you.

Well, I'm back from the Holiday from Hell and still AF :yay: Actually there was no worries about the beast as he was sitting on my sister's back laughing at the control he had over her. It was non stop drinking from morning to early next morning! I just bided my time till I could escape to my room and my books. Then my son decided this was the time to let loose with everything that's bothering him about the divorce and the sorry state his Dad is in. His thinking is I should put family first and talk to him. I should make everything alright. Not going to happen as what's right for me does not include the ex. I am concerned about my sons mental/emotional state. When he exploded at me you could just see his Dad in him. "They" say manic/depression isn't hereditary but all the signs and symptoms are there. Positive note, he is agreeable to getting some family counselling so that's a start, just have to research a therapist and get the ball rolling. All was not lost on the holiday as I was dubbed "The Best Aunty Every!" We had two GREAT all day beach days, figure I've reached my exercise quota for the month!

Today is my last day of holidays but I got a call from the boss yesterday. The office coordinator quit, and he has offered me the job. The accountant from hell must have been too much for her. It's a full time position with more pay. Only problem I see is there's no-one to do my job so will end up doing both. We're going to talk on Monday and I have a lot of thinking to do over the weekend. I don't want to give up my brand new office :upset:

I have a chronic eye condition, Iritis, and it flared up over the holidays, wonder why!! Stress is a big contributor to the condition. So I'm off to the eye doc's this morning to make sure everything is ok.

Sorry this post is all about me and when I'm back in my routine I will post properly. Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned by name, didn't have internet access in White Rock so am way behind on everything. Hope everyone as a great AF Friday....PPQP

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

Good morning Abbers!

Keep that coffee coming Mick, do I ever need a caffeine kick this morning :H
      Sorry to hear about your neighbor's son, AL is a killer for sure.

Welcome back PQ!
      Sounds like you had a working vacation more than anything. You're going to need a few more quiet days just for yourself
      I hope you can find the right person for your son to talk to about his concerns. It would be so helpful if someone could make him understand that we cannot change the thinking or behavior of another individual, only ourselves. That was a lesson that took me way too long to learn.
      Congrats about the new job offer - could be a good move for you

I am KID-FREE today :H
      My plan is to clean up then hopefully rest up - I am exhausted!!!
      But first, a trip to Curves!

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

Morning All

another humid day,

nice to meet you as well Porquoi. I'm curious as to what Iritis is.

Mick, that is quite sad to read about your neighbor. Too, too young.

Tomorrow is my 90 day anniversary. Think I'll celebrate with a nice quiet thank you to myself. Myself has deserved to enjoy life without being in a continual haze.

Lav, glad your kid free for a bit!

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

MAE Abbers,

PPQP, It sounds like your son is trying to lay off the fix up work at your feet. I wonder why? He needs to learn that all parties are involved in relationships, not just one fixer. When you quit drinking, you got out of the role!! Sorry about your sister, too. I know that it really hurts me to see my loved ones drink. Interesting about the job offer. I would definitely make sure that more money simply does not mean more work.

SF, You are in the circumstances where those who simply do not have an issue with alcohol are immersing you in it. I would get squirrely, too. It could easily bring up the "well they can do it, why not me?" stinking thinking that has gotten me back on the hell roller coaster. Hopefully all this comes to an end today for you.

Lav, Enjoy some quiet. :-)

Well, tummy is feeling much, much better today but I am quite sure that is because I have eaten very little except protein shakes for the last three days. However, that is what my previous doc recommended for me when things got bad in that area. Upside, I have lost a couple of pounds. Down side, they will come right back when I can eat again. I know this roller coaster, too.

I talked to a doctor's office yesterday and they want the initial records from back in 2005 when the surgery was done. The surgeon closed his office last year so I am in a bit of a quandary as to how to get those records. We will see.

I do have the records from June last year when I ended up in Vanderbilt with a tube down my throat for three weeks. Perhaps that will be enough to convince this new doctor to take me on as patient. Either that or scare him away completely.

I am glad to see all here and staying sober this week. I know that we make light of it sometimes and talk about trivial things on here but Mick's neighbor does drive home for all of us how precious a gift our sobriety is. Those who do not have this addiction cannot even begin to relate to how deadly it is for us that do.

Today is Friday and I have my wonderful women's meeting today. One of the best highlights of my week!!

Love to all,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

mae everybody,aw mick that is heartbreaking about your neighbor,way too young,ppq,that sounds like an exhausting vacay! rest up,i hope everyone has a super friday btw mick,peaches were rock hard,so it was a banana and a donut haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

Aloha Friday ABeroooooos!

another crazy week grinds to a halt and I'm happy to be home.

if I'm to maintain my sobriety I better stop watching the news. being talked at like a 9 year old really wears on my sense of humor. thankfully we have Mick's jokes to rely on for some therapy.

PPQ, I dunno diddly about iritis but it doesn't sound fun. be careful with eye infections as they are so close to the brain.

Lav, enjoy kid freedom!

Sam 90 is fantastic man! hope you have a stellar fun day of sobriety.

packing up for my Sat hike/shoot tradition which I'm looking forward to.

be well peeps!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af day Fri 9 Aug

Thanks Lav...going to spend some time thinking on the job offer. At this stage in my life I really like the flexibility of setting my own hours, new job would have me committed to 9-5. Pros & Cons on both sides but offered salary is not enough! We'll see what happens on Monday, but I'm chuffed (as Mick would say) for the offer. I am just enjoying the calm in the house ATM and then will sort out work offers, finalize lawyer issues and then onward to therapist research. Are you done with the 5 week commitment and how did your d/inlaw(?) do with the course?

Hi Sam...Iritis is an inflammation of the iris. It is a chronic condition usually brought on by stress...drinking didn't help either :H Will do a proper "CONGRATS ON 90" tomorrow as I'm still not sure how early/late you post. I remember my AF 90 well...enjoy!

Thanks Cinds...first thing I did when I read your post was to do the money calc's. Definitely not enough as I know I'll be doing both jobs anyways. :H Hope the health issues are settling down for you. :l

Pauly...thanks, and I'm glad you settled for the banana!

Det...have fun on your hike/shoot tomorrow. I have been dealing with my iritis for almost 20 years now, got to know the symptoms real quick and my doc was comfortable with me self diagnosing the need for and administering the steroid. Once I start I need to have the pressure monitored weekly. My Dad was diagnosed with (spelling dodgy)retinitis pigmentosa, (basically the opposite of macular degeneration) which is hereditary and my ophthalmologist is watching for it.

See you all on the flip side....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                X