Thurs 13 Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurs 13 Aug

mae all ..how are we today?bit late for me this..but dont kid yourself..it wasnt a lie in ..been up since daft o clock doing bits and pieces .Just cleaned the rabbits out and now its pouring with rain so no garden for a wee while.Fireplace is in tiled and hasnt fallen down /out ..yet!!!!

ok on we go with the show..tea n coffee on the boil

Evening TT how are you this fine day?how was today at work? noticed that you are on line now , so need to check make sure we dont do 2 posts

Mornin Sam ..how are you ok I hope .yep I hate riding motorcycles in the rain...in fact hate riding them at all..probably due to the fact I cant!!!:H

Hiya ppqp ..how are you today?what are you up to today?so the bridge classes are history now ? best of luck in your new job..hope it all goes well for you..sit down and have a cuppa first.

Hiya Pauly..how are you ? Is the sun still out for you today? Its amazing how better you feel when the sun is out isnt it?

Hiya Cinders ..congratulations on your 5 months ..long may it reign..as for your remark and apologies for it all being you...we all go through that at times ...thats what friends are for so dont worry about it,we have all done it.So what are you up to today?

Hiya LaV..how are you today ..wow your life has certainly emptied now that xtreme babysitting has come to a close!!When do you get the new flock then?here is a large coffee ..was going to say start the day..but its half over!!

HI yah and how are you today?any word on the tenants for the house yet?hopefully it will go right for you

Morning SF..hows things with you today?things ok after your meeting?..and yes we are here :l

right peeps time to go..wont be doing too much today...arm and back are a wee bit sore so wont be doing any heavy lifting..take care all

My new thesaurus is terrible.

It's also terrible.

I've decided to call my bathroom the Jim instead of the John.
    It sounds better when I tell folks I go to the Jim every morning.

Two children ordered their mother to stay in bed one Mother's Day morning. As she lay there looking forward to breakfast in bed, the smell of bacon floated up from the kitchen.
    But after a good long wait she finally went downstairs to investigate. She found them both sitting at the table eating bacon and eggs.
    "As a surprise for Mother's Day," one explained, "we decided to cook our own breakfast."

How do you get a fat girl into bed?
    Piece of cake.

I've got a kid in Africa that I feed, clothe, school, and inoculate for 75 cents a day.

Which is practically nothing compared to what it cost to send him there.

A koala was sitting in a gum tree smoking a joint when a little lizard walked past, looked up and said, 'Hey Koala! What are you doing?'
    The koala said, 'Smoking a joint, come up and have some.'
    So the little lizard climbed up and sat next to the koala where they enjoyed a few joints. After a while the little lizard said that his mouth was 'dry' and that he was going to get a drink from the river.
    The little lizard was so stoned that he leaned over too far and fell into the river. A crocodile saw this and swam over to the little lizard and helped him to the side. Then he asked the little lizard, 'What's the matter with you?'
    The little lizard explained to the crocodile that he had been sitting with the koala in the tree, smoking a joint, but got too stoned and fell into the river while taking a drink..
    The crocodile said that he had to check this out and walked into the rain forest, found the tree where the koala was sitting finishing a joint. The crocodile looked up and said,
    'Hey you!'
    The koala looked down at him and said,/>'F.CK ME! How much water did you drink!?'

I once dated a girl that collected magazines.

We had to break up because she had too many issues.

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."
    The sunny California sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, and the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."
    The man thought for a while, and said, "I want a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."
    The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges and environmental consequences that kind of undertaking would create. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel would take over thousands of miles! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honour and glorify me."
    The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say "nothing!", and how I can make a woman truly happy."
    The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four?"

On a recent visit to Switzerland, a store employee refused to show a purse to Oprah Winfrey saying it was ?too expensive.? Oprah then bought the store, and had the clerk made into a suitcase.
    Entrepreneur Elon Musk has unveiled the ?Hyperloop? a high-speed transport system which would allow people to travel from LA to San Francisco at 800 miles per hour. Sure, 800 miles per hour is great and all, but what if you?re in a hurry?
    ?riding the Hyperloop is easy. You get on, the train accelerates to 800 miles per hour. It stops, you wipe the barf off of your clothes, then go to work.
    In Tennessee, a judge has ordered that a baby named ?Messiah?, must be renamed, because only Jesus Christ is the Messiah. The parents said they understood, and went with their second choice, ?The Prince of Darkness.?
    Anthony Weiner has trashed the media for publicizing his sexting scandal, and not focusing on his mayoral campaign. To which the press replied, ?You?re running for mayor? Of what city??.
    ?in order to make sure the public knows his stance on the issues, Anthony Weiner is printing his campaign promises across the front of his underwear.
    Scientists in Hawaii have used proteins from jellyfish to create glow-in-the-dark rabbits. It was a huge day for scientists, now they can finally watch rabbits have sex in the dark.
    Today, the Department of Justice sued to prevent the merger of US Airways and American Airlines saying it would be too powerful. Strangely, the US government did nothing to block a merger between Arby?s and Fuddruckers.
    Samsung unveiled a new TV that can show two different programs at once, a feature they call the ?marriage saver.? Of course Sony is now offering a TV that can show eight different shows at once, which they call ?the marriage preventer.?
    In Ohio, an instructor of a gun safety class, accidentally shot a student. The instructor quickly recovered by saying, ?See, that?s what you SHOULDN?T do.?
    It?s been rumored that the new, cheaper version of the iPhone, won?t feature Siri. Apple reassured users that despite not having Siri, you can still use voice-to-text mode. Just say your text message out loud, type it in, then hit send.
    ?when customers asked where Siri went, Apple said she?s still inside the phone, she just refuses to talk to poor people.

r />

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thurs 13 Aug

Nighty nite guys. All well here. Will post tomorrow

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Good morning Abbers!

Cool & sunny here this morning ~ perfect

Mick, do you actually know how to take a day off & do nothing? :H
      In my world a rain day = a day to cook or bake something delicious! Or at least take a nap :H
      My daughter will be finishing up her class tonight so my granddaughter will be here later. They haven't stayed overnight this week so it has been much quieter around here.
      My new chicks will be shipped Sept 9 - very exciting

TT, hope you have a good night, glad you are OK.

Cindi, congrats on your 5 AF months!
      Stay the course now & continue to heal & grow stronger. Keeping the focus on yourself is the best thing to do

YahYah, I know the anxiety of selling a home, have done that 3 times in the past. It actually caused nightmares Hope you get good news very soon!

Greetings Pauly, SF, PQ, Det & everyone! hope everyone has a fantastic AF Thursday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee, now about that date! How am I supposed to celebrate my 1 Year if Aug 15th doesn't appear!
        No garden for a wee while but I bet you ain't just sitting around.

TT...hope you have a peaceful rest, I think you could use it.

SF...couldn't demand my own office as I will now be first contact for the public and have to be accessible.

Lav...glad the weather has improved, it makes it so much easier to watch the g/daughter. I bet Sep 9th will feel like an early Xmas present.

First day of job shadowing, I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. Haven't worked to 5pm in over 20 years. Have a great AF Thursday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Hello all
          a quick look and off to work. Feels like an incomplete morning without a dose of Mick-humor. Great way to start the day.
          Beautiful day here, hope everyone enjoys their day/ night's rest.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

mae everybody,2 cups of coffee and i still feel groggy,so just a quick hello,and i hope everyone has a great thursday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

MAE Fabbies!

PPQP, I reckon that Mr. Mick is a tad rattled with his back and his bunnies and all and doesn't right know what the date is!

HAPPY 1 YEAR AF ANNIVERSARY!
              :wave:

Good luck as well on your first full day in your new position! I have the feeling you'll do well!

Hope you're having a wonderful sleep, TT.

Mick, I hope the rain helps you slow down a little today and forces you to rest and take care of yourself, man!

Thanks for the kind words, Lav. I have managed to settle myself down about the house, at least for the moment. My realtor is optimistic, and I am following her example. I am really excited about your getting some new chicks. Do these breeds lay well in the winter? I imagine they will just be getting to the laying age when winter sets in.

Hi Sam and Pauly. Hope you both have great days!

Hugs for everyone and all to come!

:l
              YahYah
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

MAE Abbers!!

PPQP!!!! Yay on the year anniversary. You are now an official MWO solar orbiter.

Thanks again for all the congratulations. I appreciate them.

Y@H, fingers crossed that the house sells for you. That will be one less thing on your plate to worry about. Renting, etc. How is the working from home working out? Any thoughts so far about the pros and cons?

TT, I hope you are getting a good night's rest down there. I envision you living in such a beautiful spot. NZ and on the coast.

Mick, You are a bit of a doer, aren't you? You remind me of my husband. On the other hand, I enjoy quiet time doing very little.

Waves to all other Abbers,

Wishing all a serene, sober and happy Thursday.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Cinders, I'm sure some cons will pop up, but thus far, I absolutely adore working from home. I used to resent having free hours in my schedule, but now I can pop in a load of laundry, or do some minor task without it getting in the way of my work. My office is pretty, serene--what more could I ask? It rocks!

You remind me of Neil. Do you know what he is doing? I hope he is well.

:l
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

HAPPY 1 YEAR AF PQ!!!!!
                    I am very happy for you & glad we are riding the sober bus together

Remind me to buy Mick a new calendar :H :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

ooopss..got the date wrong!!!Happy one year ppqp..you deserve it :l:wave::yougo::wave::banana::wave:
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

PPQP
                        wow, a frickin year!.... Congratulations!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Amazing achievement PPQP. Well done. I have posted on the other thread for :coolmonkey: you as well

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Thanks for the congrats gang. Wouldn't have made it without all of you. :h

And Mick...thanks for starting my 1 year AF thread. :h

MWO Rocks!

Comment

Thurs 13 Aug

Congrats on one year PPQ!:goodjob:

Mick you are quite the morning person! I really wish I could be one....never seems to work out. Thanks for the hug.....I am slightly recovered from the meeting....meaning it did not affect my day.....but still disturbing

PPQ....my day is supposed to end at 5pm....however, they encourage me to stay late:H. I am doing better at getting out on time. Cube life is so distracting:upset:

Hello to YAH, Lav, TT, SS, Paula , Cinders and anyone else I may have missed.

Hit up the pool when I got home.....water was too cold for me to get in....the kids had no issue with the freezing water temp.

Comment

Working...
                              X