Why would Doubt enter your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All... I am preaching this to myself, but if you have ever doubted yourself ..please soak it up....

Exodus 4:10-13
    10Then Moses said to the LORD, "Please, Lord,I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue."
    11The LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
    12"Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say." 13But he said, "Please, Lord, now send the message by whomever You will."

Doubt is destructive. It fills us with uncertainty and makes us indecisive. It affects our ability to connect with God and receive His wisdom. We will know doubt is at work when we struggle to believe the following truths:

First, God loves us all the time. Most of us accept the Lord's deep affection for us when we're "good." But how about when we're disobedient? Our behavior doesn't change His love. We can be certain of this because of the promises in Romans 5:8. That verse tells us, "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." God loved us while we rebelled against Him. That's amazing grace.

Second, doubt is working in our lives when we struggle to believe that God has forgiven our disobedience. We know God promises to forgive us when we confess our sins. But we may have trouble believing we're forgiven. Feelings don't determine truth. We know God's word is true. Psalm 103:12 says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." That's a description of complete forgiveness.

Finally, we know doubt is a problem when we forget that God has called us to serve Him. The Lord often invites believers to join Him in His work. This can include teaching a Sunday school class, helping a family in need, taking a leadership role, or telling another person about Jesus. Doubt can cause us to make excuses for our disobedience, just as Moses did in Exodus chapter four. In Ephesians 2:10
    , "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.God promises that He's equipped us with everything we need to follow His will.

Lord forgive me for doubt, Fill me with thy Spirit.
    Control the Mind

Thanks Rocky! I needed to hear that today. :0)

Comment

Working...
    X