af Sun 18 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sun 18 August

MAE folks and folkesses. Started off with tea, then some chopped kiwifruit, almonds with yummy to die for apricot and honey yoghurt. Then some toasted rye bread and vegemite - and now the coffee - so help yourselves. Sorry its not vegan or paleo but I bet Pauly will eat it!
    This is all fortification for the Great Cat Hunt - not a Paleo one but a modern day one. yes, taking the critter to the vets for his annual check and he has done what all domestic cats seem to be genetically trained to do - hidden somewhere in the house - they seem to be able to find hidey-holes we never knew were there. This is amazing because we do not nor have a fancy house and its even a bit tidy at the moment. Perhaps we need some amazing bird tiles on the fireplace (great work Mick! :goodjob to entice the creature out.
    Guess this will be today?s exercise as its really pissing down outside.

SF ? hope you have survived the 24 hours work-a-thon. Although we have different work and life patterns I am inclined to agree with PPQP and Lav ? and say, go easy on these big disruptive sleep sessions. They usually creep up and can disrupt your well established sober patterns. I know only too well about writing, creative deadlines and bursts of energy but I don?t think it works well for most people. Many of the folks I have known over the years who do all nighters ? end up taking drugs of one sort or another ? and their personalities suffer. They can also be hell to work or live with (not saying you are my dear!) some expect others to work in this manic way. Also ? sleep is so important, not just for the body but also for the mind ? and it really helps creativity, problem solving and information retention.
    That's my sermon from the mount (well it is Sunday!).

Welcome ps677 ? I don?t quite know what to make of your post. I suggest you also check into the Newbies Nest on MWO and also look at the Toolkit. I don?t know how to post these links so can someone else post these for 677?
    Meanwhile check in here every day and we all know how much of a struggle quitting is.

Hi there Lav! I don?t need any more new hobbies or interests as my life was and is pretty full on. But one plan I do have ? as I have mentioned ? is to get off my butt and exercise more. Starting today with the Cat Hunt! Another plan is to take time to reconnect with people from the past who I really value ? before they die. This is not me being morbid but a reflection of ageing. I also need to deal more with some of the grief of the deaths of loved ones in my life (not talking about AL) ? especially my mother.

How?s it going Samstone? Good weekend?
    PPQP ? just get on with the job! Sounds like you know what you are doing. I do hope your visit is going well. You too Yah - we have an amazing shower going on here - outside ? but no babies or pregnant Mums.

I think I have said morning to all the regulars here ? Det, helpppp!!!! ? I need you on my Cat Hunt! :waving:
    Where is Blondie? You haven?t posted for a while.
    Have a wonderful Sunday ?wet or dry (haha - I mean the weather! :H:H Not the other).

af Sun 18 August

more misinformation from NZ on alcohol and health

How eating can help with the pain of hangovers | Stuff.co.nz

Comment

af Sun 18 August

The burst of energy was from me finding creative ways to streamline my work, so I don't have to work so much during the week. I am paid on commission, so I don't have to trade time for money. But you can get into a cycle of working more. So with the stream line....I estimate that I can turn 50 hours of work into 30 pretty easily. If I was paid hourly....I have just given myself quite a raise:H

Sleep is important....but, when I try to force myself to sleep it ends up being more detrimental. I eat when I am hungry vs a schedule and I sleep when I am tired

667....5 days brings on a lot of thinking and emotions. For me the first 2 months I think I watched as much stupid TV as possible.....no need to find the meaning of life just yet. Just focus on sleeping and eating. Everything else comes in time.

PPQ....glad to hear the job is going well. Your math adds up correctly I believe.

TT....you sound so much better.

I am wrapping a few things up....so it will be an early night for me....still Saturday here.

Comment

af Sun 18 August

quick jump in ...mornin folks..just waiting for my lift ..it is hammering it down at the moment....how are we all today?ok I hope ..tt that sounds ace ..apart from vegemite .....yeuch!!!ok orf we go see you all later...be good
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sun 18 August

Good morning Abbers,

Need to turn all the lights on this morning - not a stitch of sun out there & damp as well.
          Thanks for the coffee TT, not sure about the vegemite either - haven't heard great things about that stuff :H I have had dogs all my life, taking them to the vet isn't that big of a problem but boy is it ever getting expensive. Hope your trip to the vet went well

Greetings SF, Mick, PQ, Pauly, YahYah, Det & everyone!
          Good question, where is blondie?

I have a carpenter stopping by to see about having a screened room built on a portion of my deck. I'd love to have some protection from the south facing sun, not to mention the bugs. We shall see

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sun 18 August

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Hope the cat hunt and the vet trip were successful. I'll pass on the vegemite as well. :H Off to read the misinformation from NZ.

SF...thanks and I think your math adds up pretty good too. You know what they say, time is money, so you accomplished that raise in the end. See you on Sunday.

Mick...hope you got an extra large to go cup for the downpour. Enjoy your day.

Lav...good morning and I hope the deck screening project turns out to be a go. Sounds like it might be a good morning for a fire. You enjoy your day as well.

Great visit with my Dad yesterday. Weather did what it wanted and hit 30 yesterday so didn't spend the whole day outside. Today is a lazy day for me until I get the energy to tackle the stove. The cleaners have been sitting on the counter for a couple of days now. Where's Mick when you need him? :H Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af Sun 18 August

mae everybody,yes treetops id probly eat it all,everytime i hear vegemite,men at works"down under"pops into my head,great song,and band actually,i was reading the link you posted,kinda funny,whos gonna eat tomatoes and broccoli when theyre drinking?i can just see the reaction when bars replace their bowls of nuts or popcorn with these haha,lazy day for me(i hope)hello to everybody and have a lovely sunday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sun 18 August

ahoy ABeroooooos!

TTops, I've got my helmet and safari attire and ready to forage for friendly felines!

ok, confession time: I like vegemite and butter on baked potatoes!

Mick, yer handiwork looks pro! very nice indeed. I was pretty stoked I figured out how to replace the torn screen on the bedroom window at least I'm a 1/2 step above Homer Simpson now!

Lav, Sun, PPQ, Pauly, Cindi, YAH etc.... hugs all around

off to seize the carpe. or carpe the day, or something....

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Sun 18 August

MAE Abbers,

I skipped yesterday's thread until today. Saw the pictures of the fireplace, Mick, and it is lovely work.

TT, laughed about the cat. I have two cats, both indoor varieties. I can never find them when I need to, either. Of course, when I am typing or trying to get other things done, they are right in the way.

SF, I used to work in long bursts of energy. A couple of years ago I was on a horrible account and I put in 1879 man hours between Jan 1 and Jun 1. When I asked for some down time after that marathon, I was told no. Hmm, I billed out at $300.00+ an hour, paid way, way, way less than that and asked for a bit of time off? That was the end of it for me. A year later, when my folks were having such a hard time, I just up and quit. I haven't looked back once.

Lav, I would love a screened in porch, too. SE USA can get quite buggy at times, it would be lovely to sit outside and not worry about the pests.

Had a bit of drama with my daughter this a.m. but I told her I am here for her but she makes her own decisions. Until she starts making some good ones and carrying them out, I can't help. Doesn't mean I don't worry, though.

Not sure about others in the US but the weather this summer has been downright weird. I don't believe we have hit one day above 90 degrees F. I complained to hubby that it isn't fair that I have been sober all summer and only been able to swim in my own pool a handful of times. Oh, well, there is always next year.

Waves to all. I hope all are having, will have, have had a happy and sober Sunday.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Sun 18 August

Hi there Cinders and hope you are not too stressed on your daughter. A dry sober summer is better than a wet swimming summer -for you You are doing so well.

Haha Det - :H about the baked potato and the 'naughty' trimmings! Actually vegemite is packed with some essential vitamins (Bs or something ) but of course we only use a little bit. I use it as a spread without any margarine or butter.

Comment

af Sun 18 August

Evening all
                      Just got back... wonderful ride, decent weather with a little rain, and went to a fun fiddle camp for the weekend. Found out about a new to me style of fiddling, Scottish. Mick, you ever listen to any of that? They emulate the bagpipes and it has a way cool sound. I managed to stay away from the ever present mugs of beer floating around this weekend. Stuck to my soda water. It was great to wake up not feeling like crap and enjoy some really good music. It was also very nice not to feel any pressure from friends offering to buy me one and then realize their mistake, knowing that I've stopped, and leave it at that.

night and morning to all.

Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sun 18 August

Sam, Scottish fiddle is cool! I just googled it and I'm rocking out highland style. great job on integrating your social scene with sobriety.

TTops, vegemite may be a good defence against microbial infection. link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQy4Qqp25EQ[/video]]Health Benefits of Vegemite - YouTube
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X