af Monday 19 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 19 August

Hiddy- ho everyone! Just a quick pop-in to start the thread as I have some work to attend to. Hope you are all well and sober and had a good weekend.
    Catch you later (Maybe tomorrow!).

af Monday 19 August

its start again time ....just pressed the wrong key and orf it went into the ether grrrr.
    mae everyone ..and on that happy note how are we for the start to a brand new shiny week? hope all is well .The sun has deigned to stick its head out this morning whilst all night to quote tt phraseology its been pissing it down!..had a good day yesterday ..was quite productive..ok on we go tea and coffee on the go

Evenig TT hows you today? how was work ? have things all settled downor is it a case of least said soonest mended? More to the point, how did the great cat hunt go? Success or not? did the cat win..anyway you have a nice evening

Morning ..well is it in your new streamlined day..or do we have the whole shebang running concurrently?:So that they all now fit into an old morning?Its a good idea though ,if you have managed to cut your working hours into from what they were down to that ,then it shows that there was quite a bit that you were doing that wasnt really necessary or productive and you could spend elsewhere(stairmaster perhaps)glad you are ok have a good one

Morning Lav .how are you this morning ..? whats the start of your day bringing? still wet and dark as per yesterday...quick get yer mitts round this coffee.How di you get on with the guy going to build you the screen ? Is it a goer? want me to nip over an d see what we can do?not a problem my dear..just trying to clear the decks at the moment of jobs ...(as if that ever happens) to start thinking about this rabbit hutch coming for these two..want to get that done before the weather turns.You any plans for today?

Morning ppqp how are you today? here quick have an energy laced coffee..now about that stove ..Glad you had a good visit with your dad yesterday ..are you working today 9-5?when are you going to fit the gardens in? my lifes just one big rush!!!anyway whatever you are doing ...after the stove have a good one

Hiya Pauly ...well how are you this morning ...ok I hope..when I was younger ...errr quite a bit younger I used to get mistaken for one of them ..tried to trade on it ..didnt get very far if you get my drift!!!:H Now that would be tempting tommys instead of peanuts..personally I would as I love eating tomatoes.

Hiya Det ...how are you this moring mate ? on the road ..ready to go on the road or what?Make sure you get out of your safari kit before you start trying to sell munitions or armaments .you'll get locked up in the laughing academy!!!As for baked spuds ..like them with butter on them ,pepper..and Lea and Perrins sauce mmmm

Hiya Cinders how are you today?Hows you and daughter today? speaking terms or is it picture and no sound?My daughter actually said that she isnt coming back home now thats she is qualified, for the reasons that firstly its our life and therefore she has to abide by our rules which obviously are different from ours and secondly she has to make her own way in life and she will never learn if she does not go out and try it!!which I thought was a very grown up outlook..mind you she is 22 now

Hiya Sam..firstly well done for sticking to soda water mate ..thats good..what is also good sounds like you have got the support from your mates as opposed to what usually happens ...whats up cant you take it ..go on just the one ..one aint going to kill you and all the other bs that goes with it.yep have heard the fiddle before..is more common I think in the far north and the islands the highlands..locally pronounced the heelans at ceilidhs (kaylees)..wow jockanese translations thrown in!!You start playing that and watch how many feet start tapping...especially back home.No wonder they used to send Scottish regiments into battle first..full of whisky with the tunes behind them they were mad as a box o frogs!!!

right ..time to go before I press the wrong button again!!! so take care and hand

A murder has been committed. Police are called to an apartment and find a man standing, holding a 5-iron in his hands, looking at the lifeless body of a woman on the ground.

The detective asks, ?Sir, is that your wife??

?Yes.?

?Did you hit her with that golf club??

?Yes. Yes, I did,? the man answers. He stifles a sob, drops the club and puts his hands on his head.

?How many times did you hit her??

?I don?t know. Four?five?six?put me down for a four.?

Q: What?s brown and sticky?

A: A stick.

A woman is having lunch with a few of her friends one Sunday when she announces she has discovered a way to keep her husband from staying out late at night. "Last night when I heard the front door open and my husband enter, I yelled down, 'Joe, is that you?'"

Her one friend turns to her and asks, "How is that going to stop him from staying out late?"

She replied, "My husband's name is Charles."

A little girl goes to the barbershop with her father. While her dad is getting his hair cut, the girl begins eating a snack cake. While she's eating, she walks over and stands right next to the barber's chair.

The barber looks down and says, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie."

"I know," the little girl replies. "I'm gonna get boobies, too."

oops Lav !!!

A waiter asks a patron, ?May I take your order, sir??

?Yes,? the man replies. ?I?m just wondering, how exactly do you prepare your chickens??

?Nothing special, sir. We just tell them straight out that they?re going to die.?

A blonde ordered a pizza and the clerk asked if he should cut it in six or 12 pieces.?Six, please. I could never eat 12 pieces.?

A man is in his front yard attempting to fly a kite with his son. However, every time the kite gets up into the air, it comes crashing back down.
    This goes on for a while, when his wife sticks her head out of the front door and yells, ?You need more tail.?
    The father turns to his son and says, ?Son, I?ll never understand your mother. Yesterday, I told her I needed more tail, and she told me to go fly a kite!

A new employee is hired at the Tickle Me Elmo factory. The personnel manager explains her duties, and tells her to report to work promptly at 8:00 AM. The next day at 8:45AM, there?s a knock at the personnel manager?s door. The assembly line foreman comes in and starts ranting about this new employee. He says she?s incredibly slow, and the whole line is backing up. The foreman takes the personnel manager down to the factory floor to show him the problem.

Sure enough, Elmos are backed up all over the place. At the end of the line is the new employee. She has a roll of the material used for the Elmos and a big bag of marbles. They both watch as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles, and starts sewing the little package between Elmo?s legs.

The personnel manager starts laughing hysterically. After several minutes, he pulls himself together, walks over to the woman, and says, ?I?m sorry, I guess you misunderstood me yesterday. Your job is to give Elmo two test tickles.?

good job I checked ..TT has just started todays thread ..how are you
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 19 August

I won the Great Cat Hunt but he got back at me by evacuating his bowels in his catbox in the car. He also won't talk to me anymore:H:H
      Hey good one Samstone. I have also found my mates very supportive when I stick to soda water. Mind you at my age we all have strange diets and health issues - so its not too weird. I did get a strange look from someone else's friend in the UK when I ordered a diet coke while I was at the theatre. I think this person thought I was gasp horror 'unsophisticated' in my choice of drink (yeah she was drinking cheap warm white wine:H).

Comment

af Monday 19 August

Good morning Abbers,

No sunshine but at least it's cool
        I believe the dreaded heat & humidity will be back later this week.

Greetings TT!
        I've never owned a cat due to allergies & now I think I'm grateful after hearing about what you just went thru with yours :H
        I hear you about the strange diets & health issues....

Mick, thanks for the coffee!
        Yes, the carpenter is happy to do the job :yay:
        He built most of this house himself, my brother-in-law's chronic physical injuries kept him from doing much of the work. It's going to be expensive but I think well worth the money spent. It will be a few weeks before he can get started. If he needs an assistant I'll be sure to let you know

Today is a ME day, starting with a trip to Curves, then a bit of work, followed by some outside time if the rain holds off. I'm watching my grandsons half a day Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, oh boy!

I hope everyone has a fantastic AF Monday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 19 August

mae my abbin'pals,well all your rain talk musta been heard cuz it poured here in vegas last nite,it was actually nice and relaxing,tt,last time i had my dog winslow groomed he didnt "talk"to me for a bit either,so i know how you feel,thanx for the jokes mick,hmm now im wondering which guy you looked like in your younger days,ooh another thing,i am totally jealous of all your gardens,but guess what,i have a bougainvillea that is doing amazing! im very happy,everybody have a great monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Monday 19 August

How do all

Not exactly morning here, grey day but up and ready to rock and roll.
            Mick, you're right, that is a foot stomping style. Interestingly, I noted the teacher of this class in her off time consumed only non alcoholic beer. I was tempted to try one but did not want to get that taste in my mouth for fear of wanting the real thing.
            TT, actually one of many reasons for my quitting this time around is age (blood pressure issues, fear of stroke etc). At the prime age of 58 I told myself to grow up.
            Morning Lav, Paully, PQ, Det, Yah Yah, and any others I missed

Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Monday 19 August

happy un-hung Monday ABeroooooos!

TTops, glad your found your kitty even if it's an ungrateful one

apparently my strange diet is working well. in spite of ZERO functional exercise in the last 2 months my BP is 115/66 with pulse of 54 which according to the machine at the grocery store means I'll live for another day at least.

going to try and make the noon AA meeting. lovely homegroup so i really lucked out.

be well one and all...
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 19 August

Hi Abbers!!

Quick run by. My second to youngest started pre-K today. He was so darned cute!! :-)

Busy with daughter and children for a while until things get settled. But am optimistic.

Sober here and so darned grateful.

Hope all are well.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Monday 19 August

yay Cinders! I'm sharing in that gratitude

ok, health fun for today: Discover the Unhealthiest Truths About Some "Health Foods"

had a wonderful noon meeting. lady that shared has almost 53 years of sobriety. damn!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 19 August

MAE ALL...

Late check in for me. Was going to post when I got to work only to discover my "trainer" wasn't coming in and I ended up getting quite busy. Just home now and off to make dinner. Will check back later....PPQP

Comment

af Monday 19 August

MAE abbers! Just a quickie here, but I'm back.

Stayed sober despite being surrounded by the sauce, and I will not think I need a "reward" for doing what is best for myself. :H

Sending hugs to all of you. Almost 700 miles is too much to drive in 48 hours, but it was great to see my pregnant niece and have some quality car time with Maddie, who is great company.

I should be up for more of a chat tomorrow, but thinking of all of you is sure helpful in keeping me a sober woman. :h

:l
                      YahYah
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Monday 19 August

Glad you're home safe & sound Yah
                        I love spending time with my daughter too, always did!

Hi Det, PQ, Cindi & everyone!
                        I ended up with some unexpected time with my daughter & granddaughter today ~ fun

OK, back to watching the two little dirtballs aka my grandsons tomorrow :H
                        Have a great night everyone!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 19 August

YAH, hoooray for you! I thought I was the only one driving crazy miles like that.

good to see you too PPQ

time to make some guacamole..........
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 19 August

dirtballs ahahahahahaa!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X