wed the 21st of thingummy bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whiya everyone ..on the way up the motorway at the mo aint driving so on the phone ..have a great day everyone
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

We are glad you are not driving Mick & so is everyone else on the road :H :H

Have a great day!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Mick, Lav Yah Yah, PQ, TT, Pauly, Det and any and all that I can't remember.
      My big adventure today is to take down a large pine that is dying via pine beetles. Half of it fell out this spring during a storm. I'm building a fence in its destined path of falling so....

Mick, what kind of greenhouse(s) do you have? I've always been interested in them. My wife's brother had a nursery that went out of business and we thought of getting one of them. They are the metal frame/plastic.

Lav, got your new chicks yet? How old do you let them get before you take them down the road. I feel like I run a chicken nursing home.

Enjoy your day!
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Here a thread, there a thread, everywhere a thread, thread! Was waiting for someone to post to one of the threads and Lav posted on all of them. :H

Sam...you saved the day. I'll stick with this thread.

TT...evening to you. Sorry but I'm not posting on all the threads.

Mick...have fun on your day out.

Up early, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Really enjoying the new job, if you didn't know by now. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

Just trying to keep everyone happy PQ :H

Sam, my current flock turns 3 next month & that's about all the good egg laying time you get. But, considering a chicken lays about 300 eggs/year - that's 900 eggs & I think it's time to send them to the Amish farmer. I think he makes soup out of them - I don't really know or even want to know.
          My chicks will be shipped Sept 9, should be here on the 11th.
          How many aging chickens do you have? They really pretty much become pets after the age of 3.

Well, I'm off to pick up my grandsons ~ fun, fun
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lavande;1546519 wrote: Just trying to keep everyone happy PQ :H
            And a mighty fine job you're doing. :H

Comment

Lav
              we've got about 25 hens, some 2 years some 3years, 15 pullets. (5 guineas left since Mr Fox arrived) Pretty much, it's my wife's thing, and yes they are her "pets". We butchered 1 rooster when we started out and that was enough for her.

Got my tree down today, it was a bigun. As I cleaned up another old stump, dern copperhead came out. Took a whack at it but it got away. It is way too close to my back porch!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Snakes??? HATE THEM
                And a copperhead? Yikes, glad it went the other way Sam!
                Three years ago, shortly after I got my current flock of chicks I found one of these suckers in the coop on evening PA HERP IDENTIFICATION ? Eastern Rat Snake
                it was every bit of 5 feet long - almost caused me a heart attack! I had to go looking for help to remove it - couldn't handle that myself!

How's the new job going PQ?

Where the heck is everyone today?
                I don't suppose you have any Amish farmers willing to take the hens off your hands? I think I would put an ad in the local paper - free hens!!! I bet someone would show up
                Congrats on getting the big tree down, sounds like a lot of work.
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mellow greetings AF critters!

just enjoying some quiet alone time at home, all is groovy.

I'd like to have some chickens as I have the space to do so, but I'm so allergic to them.

what the heck are we supposed to do without our Mick jokes for the day? I'll find a comedy then i guess..... it's the antidote for making the mistake of watching the news.

be well friends
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det
                    agreed, I missed my morning fix of humor.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                    X