af Saturday 24 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 24 August

MAE everyone. Tea and coffee here ? looks like its going to be a lovely sunny and fairly warm day. It's a little hive of study here ? I have writing to do and daughter has revision for exams ? a whole week of them next week and these are serious school exams. I am being the mother hen and trying to feed her well (healthy but with treats) and I hope she can have some fun with her friends after the week is over. Things still intense for me at work but not as bad as a few weeks ago.

Det ? congrats on 4 months ? that's so very very cool. :hiya:Its great when the AF days mount up and its also fab that you are getting on with life ? living it to the full.

Lav ? all those broccoli plants!! I like broccoli but I hate it being cooked for more than a few minutes and I don?t think it keeps well when cooked or even frozen. Can you snap freeze the fresh stuff and then cook it later? My partner does not do bulk planting but he bulk buys cheap food ? never thinking about how to store it and if it is any good. We have a heap of cheap store bulk almonds ? but they are as dry and tasteless as old boots and taking up too much room in the freezer. I think they are originally from the US but they were probably harvested during the Civil war! Probably are old boots in that case.

Pauly ? I bet you have too many clothes!!?? I am building up to a spring cull ? but really its Mr Partner?s cupboards I want to attack. He will not throw anything out ? (clothes, CDs, books, bits of computers ? ?just in case?) and most of it is crap and in the case of clothes - not worn for over 10 years. Its not quite got to extreme hoarding SOS but it is definitely something I have to treat with caution. I suppose Ihave to respect his stuff and space ? but unlike Lav we don?t have a barn (or even a garage or cellar) that I can banish it to. His sister is a hoarder too ? but maybe I have been watching too many reality TV shows. My sister is the opposite ? she will throw out people?s stuff without asking or thinking of the sentimental value? that's how I lost some of my childhood stuff. :boohoo:

Mick ? hope you get your decent shut-eye tonight. When is the big ?do? you are planning to attend soon? Is it this weekend? I hope it is not making you anxious ? PM me if you need to.
    The good thing about hats (if you don?t like them) is that they are easily ?left behind? or blown off your head.

Sam ? sounds like you are a busy man and that you are enjoying the AF days. Am I right? Are you a 'closet hoarder' (that's a pun as well!)? :egad:

PPQP- commiserations on any work woes. Yeah, its both the good and the bad. Is this a Dad visiting weekend or have you any other plans? It seems the AA group you have been attending has been a good source of support.

SF ? your work sounds like it is going well. Hope you have some fun things planned for the weekend.

Cinders ? how?s things your way? Weather update? Speaking of weather ? how are you YahYah?

Well I better go and seize the day - damn its clouding over - thats life on a shakey island for you (and you all thought I was safe at the South Pole)
    Have a great sober and fun weekend

af Saturday 24 August

What a wonderful week it has been

Mick....isn't everyday the weekend for you? After all these years and you are still trying to understand women...:H
    Lav....did you say 70? I would be freezing....90 here tomorrow. Pool day!
    PPQ....congrats on your upcoming one year!
    Pauly....the thing with me is that I hate to shop....so when I do....I usually end up returning 90% of what I bought. Find logic in that.
    Det....congrats on 4 months!
    YAH....glad to hear you are joining the group. Has to give you peace of mind.
    TT....I know what you mean about the i-pad. I actually purchased a keypad for mine...thought I would be returning it....but, I love it! Now I am using the i-pad for more things since I can actually type on it faster than a snail.

Yes....its been a good week. They are firing my assistant, which is good news. She has been screwing up so much that I believe she is trying to get fired so she can collect unemployment. She has 4 of us....and she has screwed up everything she has touched in the last month. This means I will be assigned to a great assistant who gets it right....and saves me even more time.

Went to a concert last night....and with our tickets we got 6 drink tokens. Gave them away. This particular concert though....you actually jump alot...quite a night of watching people splashing their drinks....to race to get more....to splash them all over the place again. With all the booze splashing all over....hubby was impressed that I wasn't tempted. I was rather grateful that I was going to remember the show.

When I gave the tokens away.....you would have thought I was giving them gold...nope just a bit of poison. Then I went for a water and a guy offered to buy me a drink. In both cases I simply said..."I don't drink"....as if that has been the case my entire life. I think there is a huge difference in saying, "I don't drink" vs. "I quit drinking". The first I think they assume I have no idea what I am missing....the latter results in "why would you give up something so good?" Just an observation.

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

SF - I too have given tokens/coupons for drinks away at social events and its a good feeling isn't it.

I do have a keypad for my Ipad but I can actually type faster on the Ipad than with the keypad (go figure?). There is too much bulk with the keypad - I like my Ipad slim and small!

I do have a very light Mac airbook - so thats what I use most of the time as my main machine. The Ipad however is better for browsing and watching time-wasting stuff on. I take it to bed with me. Its also now my radio, morning newspaper etc etc

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

But the Ipad does not make the morning tea and coffee! :damn:

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

MAE all how are we all today?the start of the sober Saturday and Sunday shemozzles..and well deserved too.Well the general consensus of opinion seems to me after my post yesterday is that I am nuts....for trying yo understand the workings of the female mind :H Wont be here tomorrow..an extra early jaunt out in the morning.Just bought a 14x zoom telephoto lens for my camera...its actually part of my phone ..Samsung Galaxy 3..you sit the phone in a mounting in a tripod..absolutely brill photos.

Right tea and coffee on the go

Evening tt ..wow its great to hear the old you ..not literally!!!!how are you today?sounds like yor daughter has got the week full next week best of luck.The do I am going to is a leavivng do ..its someone I used to work with has just been promoted and been put in charge of another prison ...so the leaving do consists of everyone that is still around being there...the drinking doesnt bother me in the slightest...the eating does!!!Its a massive "round the world" buffet..thank you for the offer of pm though ...you never know..one day I might need that friend :l

Hiya Sunflower ..wowee dont think I have ever heard you sound so upbeat..as for every day being the weekend ..reckon it could be if I ever let or wanted it to be but to be fair I dont do lazing around..in case you hadnt noticed :H and weekends are usually "down time"where we do as we please.So you went to a concert and gave your drinks tickets away? well done you ...only problem is not the drinks ..but going to the concert has screwed up my mental pic of you and what you are like!!:H
          You seem to be doing sound at this work ethic too keep at it ..the objective is to get to a point where your leisure time outweighs your work time and yet the financial return is greater than before

Morning ppqp ...firstly have a great party day on Sunday..it may be sad ...but look how far you have come along this road!!just think of all the friends you have made on this journey....and think if you hadnt have chosen this where would you be now?so the plusses far outweigh the minuses. secondly big coffee on its way
          Good saying you put up pecbac....now you have got me thinking ..watch the end of this thread

Morning Lav ..how are you today?and whats the world chucking at you today?dirtballs,dogs hens chickens Amish broccoli ...or is it a me day today?Sit n have this coffee and think about it.That facebook page just gets better and better!!

Hi Sam ...how did the calves sell yesterday? did you get a result?now you can get on with the chicken ranching..go for it mate

Hiya Pauly ..hows you today? yep reckon I lost the logic battle! didnt get any nap but slept pretty soundly last night

Hi Det ..how are you ? have a great weekend out shooting/hiking

Hi Yah...hows you?stand corrected on my post yesterday..but hey..interesting choice of word
          edification....Intellectual, moral, or spiritual improvement; enlightenment.

now then which bit are you trying to improve :H

Ive got a galaxy 3 also,..its great for typing on ..definitely the best phone I have had ..still not got used to all of its functions yet.
          Thats great news about getting to join the group practice well done.

Righty ho peeps time to go ..but before I do...we have all heard the saying "as much use as..."so the next one is to see what we can come up with..hers a few

A one legged man in an arse kicking contest
          A chocolate teapot
          Tits on a fish
          A glass cricket bat
          A blind lifeguard
          An invisible traffic light
          Plasticine wire cutters
          An ashtray on a motorbike

have fun

Why did the chef add extra oregano to the sauce?

He was making up for lost thyme.

A man arrives in heaven.

He's met at the pearly gates by St. Peter, who consults his book and tells the man that his sins weigh almost evenly against his righteousness and the angel is having a hard time deciding whether to let him into heaven.
          "Listen," says St. Peter. "Tell me of a selfless act you performed to convince me you are truly good."
          So the man says, "Well I was driving across the state one time and I saw a group of bikers dragging a screaming woman off road, away from her car. I pulled over and ran to them shouting to let her go."
          "Well that certainly was brave," said St. Peter. "When did you do that?"
          "About five minutes ago."

Why are ships' portholes round?

So that if they break, water doesn't hit you square in the face.

How do you email a sandwich?

In bytes.

The Zen Master is visiting New York City from Tibet. He goes up to a hot dog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything."
          The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zen Master, who pays with a $20 bill. The vendor puts the bill in the cash box and closes it.
          "Where's my change?" asks the Zen Master.
          The vendor responds, "Change must come from within."

Little Sam loves ninjas

He has a ninja costume, throwing stars, the whole shebang. One day he's playing and whacks himself in the eye with a nunchuck.
          He runs downstairs to his mum, bawling.
          "Mummy, look what happened!"
          She sees the welt and screams, "Sam, your eye!"
          Sam stops crying, looks up and says, "For the thousandth time, Mum. I'm not a samurai, I'm a fucking ninja"

A trucker was driving down the highway...

... when he came upon a bridge. On the railing was a woman, who appeared as if she was about to jump off. The trucker stopped, ran up to the woman and yelled, "No! Don't do this! It's not worth it!" The woman replied, "You can't stop me! One more step closer and I'm jumping for sure!" The trucker thought for a second, "Well if I can't stop you, would you at least give me a blowjob? I haven't been laid in forever." The woman consents and does the deed. Immediately when it's over, the trucker says, "Now that is skill! Why would you commit suicide and keep all that skill from the world?" The jumper said, "I'm jumping because my parents kicked me out for dressing like a woman."

How do you feel when there's no more coffee?
          depresso

So Grandpa is at the birthday party...

And all the kids gather around his feet to hear his ever-famous "I came face to face with a tiger" story. He has told the story many times and has his delivery down pat, all the kids are eagerly hanging on his every word. He reaches the most intense part of the story,"As I crept toward the beast, the tiger hears me, turns around and charges me while letting out a tremendous ROAR....I just crapped my pants!" A child excitedly asks "Did you kill it, Grandpa?!" "No, I'm serious, I just shit in my pants, please go get your mother!"
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

Good morning Abbers!

Happy Saturday to all
            We have been promised nice weather & I am definitely going to get some outside time in, no matter what :H

TT, I'm already starting to have broccoli nightmares :H
            If I end up with a big harvest I will give it to anyone & everyone.
            My question is why does an intelligent but emotionally deprived man do stuff like this? :H
            I hope your weekend is good!

SF, I really, really need this cooler weather to cool down my core temp & stop these damn hot flashes....no fun. We used to go to concerts in Philly but that's all history now. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Mick, obviously you are enjoying your new phone! Isn't it amazing what these phones can do these days? A few weeks ago, when my nephew & his family were here for a visit my son downloaded an app on his iPhone to set a timer & get into the family pic - pretty cool.

When Grandpa starts pooping his pants ~ he's outta here :H

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Saturday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

TT...I thought I would not like the keyboard for the same reason. Ended up loving it.

Mick...I am a bit concerned on what your mental pic of me is? Concert was Micheal Franti....who sings about love and unity....but, not in a love song fashion. 10,000+ people jumping in unison to the beat is pretty cool. Fun to watch the manly man in front of me...who was brought by his girlfriend....to really get into the show jumping and all.....my hubby was amazed as well. Manly Man went home with a ballcap "Spearhead is for Lovers"

Mick...us working people usually have to get all our "stuff" done on the weekends....by the time we get to "downtime" Monday has arrived. But, that is my past life. I am reading 4 Hour Work Week...its not that everything applies....but, I get the mindset. Working yourself to death....with the ultimate goal of retiring/waiting years to do things you want...is no way to live. The thing is...I am more effective by working less.

Lav...enjoy your cooler weather. I am just not ready for Fall....or giving up my pool time.

Last night a knock at the door at 7pm. It was a friend my youngest had met with his Dad asking to take him to the pool. I went down at 8p and enjoyed a nice chat with the Dad. Past life....I would have been 6 beers in...and refused to open the door. Freedom....

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and the coffee. Had it before popping down to my Dads. He was very lively today talking to all the staff. They got a real kick out of him. My nephew is having a pig roast this afternoon so looking forward to that. Last day at the AA hangout tomorrow and then the weekend is done. Did I really want to go back to full time? Now get back to your writing.

SF...thanks for the congrats. I'd like to see what mental image Mick has of you as well. My image fits in perfect with your concert date. Good news on getting rid of the assistant. Won't that make your work life better. What a nice way to spend the evening. Here's a pat on your back, you deserve it.

Mick...I thought it was tits on a board, not fish. :H Like the old saying goes nothing changes if nothing changes. Used to get real anxious and worry about change and now I kind of embrace it. Must be because of all the changes I've been through this year. Ah...Sundays are for photo shoots. The secrets out now.

Lav...thanks for the good cake wishes. You know it's just as hard figuring out men as it is for them to figure us out. Got a call from my ex this morning all down, lonely, sad and depressed. Kept saying how wrong he was and wanting to know if we could at least be friends. My response to him was you are not in my life anymore. My priority is me and nothing is going to change that. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest, thanks for listening. Enjoy your Saturday.

Det...wish I was closer too. Would love to celebrate my day with you and Dx. Hope you are enjoying your hike/shoot today. Does Dx go with you?

YahYah...good news on joining the group practice. I'm glad you're home safe and sound and I hope you are enjoying a very restful Saturday.

Home to do the dishes and a bit of laundry then off to the pig roast. Hope everyone has a great AF Saturday....PPQP

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

mae everybody,lazy,cloudy day here in vegas,didnt even feel like getting dressed,so i wore jammy bottoms to the store,i felt like a slob but i dont care,a pig-roast sounds fun,tt,you sound so much better,i like happy tt hello to everybody,have a great saturday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

Happy exhausted greetings ABerooooonies!!

whew! what a hike. really needed that and I'm sure to be sleeping good tonight.

lets give this a try then:

tits on a toaster
                    oven baked boots
                    butter on your cricket bat

ok... I have no idea what I'm doing. can someone explain how this game works?

SFlower, so glad you had fun jumping to the sober beat. I haven't been to a concert in ages.

PQ, DX shoots with me when it's just the two of us. even though she's a great shot she gets self conscious around my friends.

Good chat with one of my hiking/shooting buddies about addiction. his is pills but it's the same nasty game. good to let him know he's not alone and bond in that way.

I think I might just become a massage addict. I could sure use one about now

Lav, fresh broccoli is a marvel of nature. interesting fact about that veggie is that it's wonderful anti-cancer properties are gone after 7 weeks from cutting it. that's also the average age of broccoli in grocery stores. egad! I swear it's a conspiracy. at least you KNOW yours is fresh and full of goodness.

shower time. be well everyone!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

took this pick of the morning sun today. it's very red from the smoke of a large fire upwind of us near Tahoe.

nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

looks cool det,my cousin lives in reno and she took lots of pics of all that smoke
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

Nice picture Det, shame it's due to such a huge fire
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 24 August

Evening all
                            just checking in... long day. Got up and early, got my calves up and off to the market. Took my tractor and got the rest of the stump out where the copperhead had been residing. Cleaned up all the debris. Let the chickens out and they were enjoying the dirt of the stump hole. Watched one jump up in the air. Grabbed a shovel, walked over where the jumping chicken was and there was Mr. Copperhead, where I'd been standing cleaning up!!

Tomorrow into the bees and see if there's any honey. I lost my hives this winter, started 2 new ones this spring. They were doing well about 2 weeks ago but haven't been in lately for my sting therapy.

Well signing off. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday

Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                            X