af Sunday 25 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 25 August

MAE to all my fellow abstinators around the world. I came up with a new name for our cat last night ?The Procrastinator? ? on account of his will I/won?t I go inside/outside. Sit on the doorstep instead. Not good when its a cold night.

Tea and coffee ? all available at the moment.

Mick will be off on Sunday on his secret jaunt? What are you ? a sober celebrity minder that only works on Sundays? Cooking brekkie for HM? :H I have a few more serious notions but won?t pry. Just take care and safe driving as always.

Sunday mornings are when I like to go to for a walk. This stems back to a ritual me and my Dad had ? it was the one time of the week when he spent time talking to me ? or showing me plants/etc (our walk was always in the botanical gardens) and we always ended up with an icecream. He was always hung-over and may have been a bastard to my Mum the night before ? and most certainly would resume his horrible temper later on Sunday afternoon. When I became a teen ?it was ?get me out of here? and I spent time with my friends. I even did my exam revision and homework in the garden shed or tiny glasshouse to get away! I think this is one reason why I try to make sure my daughter has a calm and cosy home environment. Of course one day she will be outta here too.

Lav ? still having the hots? Poor you. Don?t get scared Pauly ? I managed to avoid any hot flushes and this was after a life of severe menstrual pain, PMS and ?self-medicating? that with AL. We are all different in the body/hormone dept.
    Lav- I bet you have made the Enchanted Broccoli Forest. I did this a few times and thought it was really over-rated (and under-consumed by the littlies). Umm ? broccoli pakoras are nice but fattening!

SF ? glad you enjoyed the concert. Not for me, my dear. I hate large gatherings and packed concerts. That's why I don?t go to the rugby here. You do sound perky so that's wonderful.

Yah ? the group practice sounds interesting as well as providing some much needed income. May I ask what kind of work you do ?but no worries if you prefer to stay discrete.

PPQP ? well as I said we are all different. This is a pig free home here but I have spent a lot of time in cultures where pig is an important feast food. Great that your visit with your Dad was so positive.

I know Det will post later on ? so hi there! Big weekend greetings To Samstone too.

Not sure if I will get a walk in today as the water is doing vertical things and the temperature is not so flash. No excuses ? I have a good rain jacket!

Savour the rest of your sober and silly weekend folks. Pauly ? I hope you have got out of those jammies! That's not a very glam Vegas look! mg

af Sunday 25 August

Evening TT...see you are on line just now....how are you? It is 5.10 am here ....I must be mad!!just got my stuff ready ...quick brew then off on me jaunts...2 and a quarter hour drive! have fun everyone cya later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Mick - sometimes you have said thatI am on-line but I am not (well I am now! ) - I think what maybe happens is that a window is left open on the computer.

anyway have a good day

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

PPQ....well its official....1 full year!

TT....glad that you are enjoying your walks and remembering your good times with your Dad....even if they were overshadowed by a hangover.

Enjoyed my Saturday....reading and at the pool. Liked it so much....I think I will try it again when I get up. Stayed up into the wee hours (now) catching up on some personal things I wanted to do. Hubby works overnights on the weekends and with the kids sleeping....I love the quiet time.

The parents of my son's new friend made it down to the pool today. I enjoyed talking to the husband last night. He had mentioned that they were Mormon and knowing that they don't drink was a plus. One thing about meeting new people.....they always seem to want to meet up for a drink The wife wasn't so pleasant to talk to.....just negative about everything and constantly berating her husband.

Which reminds me.....while there....here comes the single Dad with his cooler of beer and two kids. He was biting their heads off and being plain mean....while popping yet another one open. Hangovers and drinking the next day....I am sure I was about just as pleasant. Just a good reminder.....stay sober

Off to bed....want to get there before the sun comes up.

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Good morning Abbers!

I do believe I was up before the chickens this morning - swell.....

TT, we really are all different body-wise. I am in that small percentage of people who have heat spells way too long I have noticed though it's not so bad during the cooler months October -April. I have turned into a winter girl

Mick, hope you are enjoying your day out!

SF, you go to a public pool where people are allowed to bring coolers of beer? That's unheard of around these parts. I have been noticing smokers lately & thanking the universe I am no longer part of that addicted group

PQ, HAPPY ONE YEAR AF!!!!
          I need to go find a cake for you Enjoy your day & your real life cake!!!

Sam, I'm really happy you had a shovel in hand when you ran across the copper head again!!!
          My chickens love jumping for bugs, especially in the evenings before sunset.
          I've never had the ambition or the nerve to get into bee keeping, good luck with that!

My plan for the day is food shopping, cooking & yard work. Such an exciting life :H
          Doing it all sober & hang over free is the best part!

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off and for the coffee. I like the cat's new name.

Mick...enjoy your day out.

SF...my 1 year was actually on Aug 15th. My AA group celebrates birthdays on the last Sunday of the month hence the cake today. While reading your bit about the single Dad with his cooler of beer I was thinking I'd be the one there with my kids, jealous that I didn't have a beer with me. I am so grateful I don't have those thoughts anymore.

Lav...up with the sparrow fart eh? Thanks for the congrats and for the thread with my cake. On Aug 15 Mick actually started the thread as Aug 13 so had some fun ribbing him about eliminating my 1 yr date. I'm with you on food shopping and cooking but I have the luxury of no yard work. Enjoy your day.

Pauly...hope you spent the rest of the day in your pj's. Sometimes we just need days like that. Seems I keep x-posting with you on the thread so am wishing you a great AF Sunday now.

Great visit with my Dad yesterday and the pig roast was my first. Enjoyed the meal but the crowd was mainly around my nephews age 22 and soon the party turned to sitting around drinking so thanked the hosts and headed home for an early night. Have a great AF Sunday all and all to come....PPQP

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

mae everybody,congrats on one year 10 days ppq! wonderful work,yes i did laze yesterday,went to see mil in hospital,she has a kidney infection,broken leg,now pneumonia,it doesnt look too good guys,we are just trying to prepare ourselves,hope for the best but i dont know what the best is in these situations,i dont want her in pain,she doesnt deserve it,she was always a kind-hearted soul,i HATE aging and what it does it sux! sorry so depressing jeez,just wanted to talk it out,anyways you all have a great sunday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Oops, sorry PQ. I seem to be massively confused these days :H :H
                Well then, double congrats to you!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Evening all
                  well looks like bees will have to wait till Monday. Got into other stuff. My son has been working on a cabin we own in the mountains and I got sidetracked going to look at the progress. Here's a couple of photos. This photbucket is new to me so hopefully it works

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...d/IMG_0081.jpg
                  http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...d/IMG_0011.jpg
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Samstone - Thats a really cute cabin.
                    You do realise that the photos of the people are also showing up when this is clicked. Not sure how much privacy you (or they) want?? Just a thought.

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

thanks TT
                      It looked as though you really can't see them, But I guess I'll delete any way. Posted another, still people, but can't really tell who anyone is. The other one was before work began, taken this spring. The cabin was built in late 1800's.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Sunday 25 August

Samstone - I am a bit neurotic as I know its really easy to get into the MWO forums through Google searches - and its easy for people to sign up. We don't know who reads our posts or looks at our photos. Just being protective of my sober (and not so sober) friends.

Comment

Working...
                        X