X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another August AF ~ Week 4

Good morning friends

Cool & sunny here, nice!
    It won't last though, I hear the heat & humidity are on the way back.

I need to make a supermarket run for something to put in the crock pot. Then I can play outside for a while, things need to be cut back.

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday. Dill, how's your son doing? Is he back home now?

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. ? Unknown

Hi Lav, I'm glad you started us onto week 4 before the month was gone!:H My son is due home today. He has been improving but slowly. A huge step in the right direction is that he acknowledged he needs to change his lifestyle choices. The last time we went thru this with him he remained in denial that his choices were causing him health problems. He's finally getting it! Have fun playing in your yard!!

Greetings to everyone else. I hope to get back to posting more regularly once these hospital runs are things of the past! Have a happy AF Sunday.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

That's good news Dill!
      We're all just human & it takes time to accept our reality
      I hope he heals quickly!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, thanks for starting us out on this last week of August. Lovely weather here to, but will get really hot starting tomorrow. I'll be at work so it won't affect me. What are you making in the crockpot? Sounds like a good idea.

Dill, what a relief that your son will be coming home and is willing to talk. Take care of yourself.

Nothing new around here. That's OK. Have a great Sunday.
        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

good morning all

lav have fun in the garden

Dill I'm glad your son is coming home

hope everyone had a good week-end

where has this month gone

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

It's going to be another fabulously sunny day here today, but alas, I have a report to prepare that will take up most of the day befoe my 4.5 hour drive to northern Wisconsin for a day of work tomorrow. Thankfully, I only have to work 3 days this week. I had a lovely weekend with my brother and SIL-swimming, going to the beach, and just hanging out....I did absoutely NO work last weekend....which has not happened since last Christmas.

Dill-I am so glad your son is realizing how his choices have put his health at risk. Did he have complications from the pancreatitis....just curious as to why he had to stay in the hospital so long? Thank you for that quote today. I am trying to adapt that attitude of turning stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Sending you vibes of strength today.:l

Witts-are you anxious about the bank card coming in and your husband seeing it?

Lav-enjoy your kid-free day today.

Star-hope you have a good week.

To everyone I may have missed...Cyn, Pap, and the rest of our family, have a peaceful Monday.

Comment

It's Monday and I have poison ivy. Darn. I have to go to the doctor as I am highly allergic and it will not get better. So, I feel upset and crabby.

Rusty, glad you had a great weekend. Hope you week goes well.

Lav and Dill, greetings.

To all, have a good Monday.

Comment

Star-I am sorry to hear about the PI. What a drag! I hope your doctor can give you something that will work quickly. I am highly allergic, too, and you are right, it's nothing to fool around with in our situations. Hope it does not spoil the rest of the week.
                Did you have a nice weekend? Did you do anything fun?

Comment

Did I forget to drop in & say hello this morning? I swear I'm losing it, quickly :H

Star, sorry about the PI. I have had so many bad bouts of that, gross
                  The last few times I got an Rx for Medrol Dosepak. I don't like taking prednisone but sometimes you just have to for relief. Hope you feel better soon.
                  I ended up putting a pork shoulder in my crockpot for pulled pork sandwiches, everyone like them.

Rusty, glad you had a nice weekend (can't remember the last time I sat on a beach).
                  Enjoy your short week!

Doesn't it seem like every time you find a little peace in your life (in your head) someone manages to make a disturbance? I found out, thru a Facebook post Sunday that my brother's wife has fled the country. Her family of origin is in Holland, she is currently in Germany at her daughter's house. I am almost certain that her intention is to just leave everything behind, including unpaid hospital & nursing home bills. This makes me sick but I was pretty much expecting her to pull a stunt like this. I am done with her, just done.

I am doing a lot of extra reading & guided meditations so I don't completely lose my shit!!!
                  She made sure my brother didn't get a decent burial, grabbed & his money & took off. I sincerely hope what goes around comes around!!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

afternoon all fabulous spring weather here and it's still winter

Rusty ... no it's okay the bankcard ....he did tell me to buy new clothes .....I just feel guilty over it
                    I only live 12 klm's from the beach and can't remember the last time I went

sorry about your sister in-law trouble is there are people out there that are lie that ......I'm sure it will come around usually does
                    Don't fret it's not worth it did they have any children

Comment

Good morning...

And a early morning it is. I went to the walk in clinic, got a great doctor who gave me two steroid shots, rather than pills. So, it is kind of hard to sleep, but it helps right away and was so worth it for me. I was just beginning to break out all over, with oozing blisters. Today, all gone. I have washed everything I can, and feel so much better. Thanks Rusty and Lav for your sympathies. Poison Ivy is no joke for some of us. I know where the plants are and will be sure to let my husband take care of them in the future. I have to use gloves when using the rakes, and other tools we used while cleaning the area. It has been over ten years since the last outbreak.

Lav, your SIL sounds like she has lots of problems...it is never good to run away from situations, it always seem to come back to you somehow. The grief you must be going through, with no closure after your brother's death. I am so sorry. You are doing the right things, reading and meditating to get through. As we have all learned through MWO, facing challenges, acting with integrity, that is a better way to deal with life issues. What readings give you comfort? I would appreciate if you could share, but if not I understand. The pulled pork sandwiches sounded awesome. Hey, I made pumpkin chili from the fatfree vegan site, and it was really delicious and easy too. I am eating it cold as it is steamy here.

Rusty, have a good Tuesday. Don't work too hard. I have slowed down at work, I think it is OK for me right now, I need some healing time. Your three day work week is a nice way to end the summer, hope you get some relaxation time this weekend.

Wittsend, I encourage you to not feel guilty for buying clothes, as it is part of the healing process. You are caring about yourself, and part of that is knowing you deserve new clothing, nice style, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I try and fix myself up every day, taking time to care about myself. You can hear from others, that once AF, self care becomes part of the positive change in your life. People can actually tell there is something good and different. So go for it.

Hey Dill,thinking of you.

Pap, hope things are going well.

To all, have a great day.

Comment

Hello All,
                        Witts, I agree with Star. Let go of the guilt about buying the clothes. You deserve a reward for all your efforts at AF!

Star, so sorry about the PI! I hope you get rid of it ASAP.

Rusty, I don't know why my son was in the hospital so long. The doctors seemed kind of taken aback by it too. They expected he'd be in 2-3 days. They were concerned that his lipase levels were coming down so slowly. They did more tests but didn't find anything. Anyway, he is home now and definitely feeling better. I'm glad you had such a nice and restful weekend with your brother and SIL. You deserve a rest!

Lav, your ex SIL is simply an awful person. I know it is upsetting to you how she treated your brother, but do try not to let it get to you for too long. Just keep your corner of the world humming along. You do that so well!

Today we pick peaches.

Have a lovely AF Tuesday everyone.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning friends,

I actually slept a bit better last night after turning the AC back on. The humidity has crept back up to an uncomfortable level for me.

I think what bothers me most about my SIL is that she has effectively crapped on an entire family that welcomed her 45 years ago. I know I always made a special effort to be friendly, show her around, clue her in to American customs & lend a hand with anything. I was excited to finally have an older sister after growing up with 3 brothers. She's 70 now, has she really lost it or what?

Star, I have just been reading bit & pieces of lots of things. I don't seem to have the ability to sit & read a book all the way through anymore. What's up with that anyway? I seem to get more from short pieces, essays, etc.
                          I'm glad to hear you got immediate PI relief - I know the misery.

Dill, good news that your son is healing! I hope you can get some 'me' time real soon.

Hi Witts! Enjoy the clothes, shoes, whatever
                          That's money well spent!

Greetings to everyone else & wishes for a wonderful AF Tuesday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all
                            I am enjoying the new gear .....when going to town put on something he says what have you got on ...oh thats what I spent my money on
                            cant believe the month is nearly gone and spring is here we have had the warmest aug in yrs 20 days over 20 degrees I'll be cooking in the summer heat soon

Comment

Greetings...

Well, I am continuing to break out all over with poison ivy, and don't know whether I should go back to my regular doctor or if this is just part of the process. I am itchy and feel miserable. I wish I could go back and make and not weed. Darn it. Lav, in your opinion, should I wait it out or call the doctor. Two shots of steroids and I am breaking out all over. Not blistering through, yet. I think it may have to run its course.

So, send me positive energy, I need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X