af Monday 26 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Monday 26 August

MAE sober peeps! Just a quick hello/goodbye as I have some things to do. Daughter up to her eyeballs with exams this week but so far all is going well on that front.

Mick will probably post as I am writing this - so be warned! :upset:
    Pauly - are you out of your jammies yet? Or is it night again?

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. I did manage to go for a walk and enjoy the lovely spring blossoms in the neighbourhood.

Saw some images of the Yosemite fires on the news tonight. Dreadful. Also bad news about the possible radiation fallout in the food chain and the fish in the Pacific from Fukushima.

Cat just mooched in - searching for food. So much for animal instinct!

Catch you later and have a great day/night/whatever - sober thoughts to all

af Monday 26 August

just checked first ..Iwas just finishing mine!!!:H
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 26 August

MAE everyone...how are we all on this monstrosity of a manic Monday? its a bank holiday over here today...so the world and its wife wants to drive anywhere today!!!Yesterday was a good day out for me but,didnt add anything to the collection if that makes sense!!!weather was lovely and it is again today..just ordering my winter seeds now.

Tea and coffee on the go....

Evening TT how are you? ok hows the day been?yes it could be that one of the windows are open and it looks like you are on line.Take it you are busy busy with your daughter this week?

hiya SF..how are you?well did you go to the pool again? Im sure we were all like single dad when we were drinking...tick this list in order of priority

a beer
      more beer ...one aint enough
      coupla shots before we go out..just to get in the mood
      coupla "just in case" beers
      oh yeh ..kids

:H

are you working today ..or does today fall under your shortened hours? whatever ..have a good one

Hiya Lav...how are you today? ok I hope.. start of the new week you on kidwatch at all this week? or on relaxing duty..ok lets start off with a coffee..here you go.Long time since youve been to longwood ..any plans?

Hiya ppqp ...hows you today? glad youre visit went good with your dad...despite the early doors finish when you headed home cant think Id want to be hanging around load of 22 year olds drinking...come to think about it they probably wouldnt want to be hanging around me either!! Are you at work today....if so coffee to go ma'am ..have a good one

Hiya Pauly how are you today? wee bit better?hope so .Age is something that happens to us all ......now me I was born at a very early age and I looked the same then as I do now..all wrinkles and no hair...well I prefer to think of it as very very short!!!:H..so let see you smilin

Hiya Sam ..wow nice cabin that is.Who built it?do you know any of its history ?..trappers hunters or people just wanting a break from city life?

right peeps orf we go so have a good one

A man walks into a bar with a roll of Tarmac under his arm and says: "Pint please... and one for the road."

I went to the doctor the other day and said: "Have you got anything for wind?" So he gave me a kite.

My mother-inlaw fell down a wishing well. I was amazed, I never knew they worked.

I saw this bloke chatting up a cheetah. I thought: "He's trying to pull a fast one."

I met a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes last week. I rang her up to arrange a date, but unfortunately she'd popped her clogs.
      A jump-lead walks into a bar. The barman says ''I'll serve you, but don't start anything''

Slept like a log last night........ Woke up in the fireplace.

A priest, a rabbi and a vicar walk into a bar. The barman says, ''Is this some kind of joke?''

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says ''Sorry we don't serve food in here''

I cleaned the attic with the wife the other day. Now I can't get the cobwebs out of her hair.

I went down the local supermarket, I said, ''I want to make a complaint, this vinegar's got lumps in it'', he said, "Those are pickled onions''.

I'll tell you what I love doing more than anything: trying to pack myself in a small suitcase. I can hardly contain myself.

Went to the corner shop - bought 4 corners.

Dad is making breakfast for his young daughter
      He butters it, and decides to put some honey on, too. The little girl never had it before, but she liked it - and asked her dad what it was.
      He says, "I'll give you a hint - it's what your mother calls me all the time."
      Just then, the wife walks in, and the little girl exclaims to her, "Mom! We're eating toast with Asshole!"

See if you can read this

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR
      M1ND5 C4N D0
      4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
      1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N
      7H15 7IM3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17
      4U70M471C4LLY
      W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1
      NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N
      P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Monday 26 August

Good morning Abbers

More coffee Mick, please - I can't read that yet :H
        You're right, I haven't been to Longwood lately, I just can't tolerate hours walking around in the heat & humidity. I will go back as soon as we get some decent Fall type weather. Now you have me wondering about your mysterious collection!!!

Greetings TT!
        I hope your daughter is surviving exam time, boy do I remember that!
        My brother lives north of San Francisco & said yesterday that the winds coming from the south were blowing into his town

I am pretty much off from kid watch this week - well that's the plan as of this moment :H
        I need to get my new chick nursery prepped while I have the time & I have a lunch date on Wednesday with my old work friends. There's plenty of stuff to do to keep me out of trouble.

Sam, awesome cabin! Love the stone bank, I see lots of stone bank barns around here.
        If you want to embed your pictures in your post from Photobucket just copy & paste the IMG codes here

Greetings to everyone, wishing a great AF Monday to one & all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Monday 26 August

Morning All

quick check in before off to work
          Mick, land for cabin was conveyed to the person who built it in late 1860's. There's a family graveyard there, the bears have been tearing down the stone walls looking for bugs. I need to look at the dates again if I can still read them. Probably wait till copperhead season is over. Saw 2 of them up there yesterday.
          Have a good Monday.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Monday 26 August

MAE ALL....

TT...thanks for kicking us off. Sounds like the start of a busy week for you. Glad you were able to get out for your walk.

Mick...more coffee please!! and it's not because I couldn't read it cause I could. Did have to read the line about 17 twice for 17 to sink in though.
            Got blasted out of bed at 4:00 am with a wicked thunder storm. I swear it exploded right over my house. Everything shook. :wow:
            So having been woken up so early decided to check my email and there was a message from my MIA lawyer. She is out of the country ATM and upon her return will follow up with the defendants lawyers. She wanted to know if there was any changes to the last agreement sent. I have no frigging idea which agreement she is referring to as it's been so long. If it's the one I'm thinking of YES there has been major changes. So will be on the phone to her assistant this morning to make sure we're all on the same page of the right document. Just what I needed to start my Monday. :stomper:

Lav...Mick's got me wondering too. I think he's collecting photos of owls. Just my guess. Bet you're getting excited about the new arrivals and it sounds like you'll have some alone time to get organized. Enjoy your day.

Sam...morning. Great pics of the cabin. Good idea about waiting till copperhead season is over. Hope you have a good day at work.

We celebrated 6 birthdays yesterday at the AA meeting. Ranging from 1 year to 23 years. Two store cakes, two home made Saskatoon berry pies and a home made angle food cake. Never seen a meeting go that fast. :H Good news, they have found a new location not far from where we are now so Sunday meetings will continue.

Boss decided as it's the end of our fiscal year and next week will be crazy with fall sign ups, membership renewals and the annual audit that we should all have pizza for lunch. After which I have a follow up eye doctor appointment. Sounds like my Monday will just fly by.

Have a great AF Monday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af Monday 26 August

MAE Abbers,

PPQA:

We celebrated 6 birthdays yesterday at the AA meeting. Ranging from 1 year to 23 years. Two store cakes, two home made Saskatoon berry pies and a home made angle food cake. Never seen a meeting go that fast. Good news, they have found a new location not far from where we are now so Sunday meetings will continue.
              I have volunteered to be the dessert supplier for our birthday meetings. Once of my little "give backs" for my group. This week I am going to make a chocolate eclair cake. It sounds delicious and easy peasy using graham crackers, french vanilla pudding and cool whip with a chocolate frosting. I usually go with only home made desserts but want to try this one. I may adjust after this first go round to using home made ingredients but want to stick with a tried and true for this first shot at it.

Mick:

What winter seeds do you sow? I am going to pull out old flowers from my planter this week and plant fall blooms. These are small rectangular planters under the bird feeders. I am thinking coleus, asters and cabbages. Any recommendations? I love easy gardening ideas.

TT:

How is the job stress going? Managing to deal with it?

Lav:

I am jealous of your property and your home based business. I do not have any artistic talent so I could never do what you do. :-(

Hubby has put his foot down about raising chickens. I guess I have to will find something else to make him busy. lol

Not much going on here. Spent 15 hours in ER with mom on Friday/Saturday. Her body is not producing enough red blood cells. I will follow up with a hematologist this week and see what on going plans are. I am putting my foot down on having to go to a very busy ER every week and having her transfused. A better solution needs to be found.

Off to work on LinkedIn and seeing about a good paying source of income for me and my hubby while I help my children with their business.

Otherwise, waves to all Abbers.

Have a productive and sober week my friends.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Monday 26 August

Cinders
                go for guineas, they're much more obnoxious, then he'll welcome those chickens!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Monday 26 August

Happy un-hung Monday ABeroooooosters!

thanks for the start TTops. yes, those fires are absolutely choking me up with dense smoke here in Reno. visibility is poor and a lot of folks with respiratory issues are in trouble.

PQ, sounds like an amazing meeting.

Cindi, good to see you here. hope things with your mom calm down somehow. family drama/stress is just no fun. sending serenity your way xxxxx

I'm such a bad caveman today... went off to meeting forgetting to eat breakfast and ended up eating cookies. egad! must make something healthy now....

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 26 August

yikes! had an earthquake a few minutes ago....

so far everything's intact.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Monday 26 August

WOW...just read this. Hold onto Dx! Will have to turn the news on. Be safe. :h

Comment

af Monday 26 August

it was just a 4.2 about 30 miles from here. all ok here at least. just a little shake up.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X