af Tuesday 27 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Tuesday 27 August

MAE folksters. How are we all today? Its a stay at home day for me with my writing and its a study day for daughter. So far she is holding up well - and doing lots of revision - and as I say to her, what matters is trying hard and doing the prep. And its not the end of the world.

No Mick - I do not believe that you are off to an Antiques Roadshow! I had a different (illegal) interpretation of when you said 'adding to the collection'! Hope the Bank Holiday is fun for you and Julie and the rabbits.

Samstone - is a copperhead a snake? Forgive my ignorance but we don't have snakes, bears or such critters here. Well we do have human snakes - esp in the workplace and in politics - of course :H

Pauly - don't worry about aging - it sucks!!! Physically that is - and I don't care what anyone says - I don't like the wrinkles, the jowls, the saggy tits, spindly legs - not to mention the internal surprises we face. Leaving raging hormones behind is a blessing I suppose. But before I get shouted down - yes us oldies are wiser, calmer etc etc -
    The good news is that we can slow the ageing by kicking away the booze and some of the other crap we ingest. But esp AL. It really likes to age us as well as get us to the final line much quicker!

SF - is it a public or private swimming pool? Public ones here - you can not take AL to.

Lav - glad you have some time to yourself and it will be great to visit Longwood when the weather cools down.

PPQP - glad your AA group meeting has a new space. Is the group now called CA (cakes anonymous):H. Looks like a PA (pizzas anonymous) group will start at your work

Cinders - very sorry about your Mum. You take good care of yourself too. I am baking a bit at the moment - to make sure my daughter has some treats while revising. Trying to keep to things that are not too sickly - plus making sure the meals are very nutritious and full of protein.

Thanks for asking about work - the stress continues - new things pop up for me - but so far handling fairly well. I find my writing and my own personal work a lifesaver.

Must dash and do some things but have a great Tuesday my friends and catch you later

af Tuesday 27 August

Quick pop in...late on Monday.

The pool is a "community pool" for our development. There is a small sign with the "rules"....no alcohol. So most people make sure there is a coozie over the beer can. Others don't. Nobody gets roudy....so I believe it is just overlooked. What irritates me is when they get in the water to pee or sit in the water while drinking....peeing away! I just stare at them when they do this.....giving the look...."you are a grown adult and you are peeing in the pool, while your kids are swimming in it!" Doesn't do a darn thing....but, makes me feel better.

Usually this would keep me out of the pool....but, lets face it....I believe every pool gets peed in...al or no al. Thank you chlorine

Two bigger signs "no smoking". I have only seen people smoke a couple of times....but, honestly....if you want to smoke....can't you at least step outside the pool area!

Mick...the shortened hours are working out nicely. Continue to find other ways to be even more effective that don't entail me slaving away for show

Second school open house tonight.....I am very frightened of the 5th and 6th grade.

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

MAE everyone how are you all today?wow officially the last day of summer yesterday....and probably the best one we have had!!...and to crown it all I have ended up with conjunctivitis....still could be worse

Evening TT how are you today? how has your day been today? ok I hope ..nope certainly not part of the Antiques road show!!and yes what I do and collect is legal!!Hows daughter doing with her studying?

Morning sf ...welcome to the pool peeing party!!!:H glad your hours are sorting themselves out...Interesting point...when you are not allowed to smoke the sign is a ciggy with a red line through it..for no drinking its a bottle with a line through it ...you fancy designing one for no peeing in the pool??

Morning Lav ..how are you today?Is the day your own?you can get the new hoose prepped for the chickens.Get the new hutch on Thursday, so I have got to do a few mods to it once it arrives ...these rabbits dont know they are born!!!Have a coffee ..I am about to have one too.Tomorrow Iam going to build another cold frame..so that the winter greens will be frost protected when it lands...got to make it large enough and yet dismantle able for storage..head scratching time !Did you manage to read the message? first time I saw it I thought eh??? but then your eyes get used to it.

Morning ppqp ...how are you today? ok I hope .Still enjoying the work front?Seems to me its time you kicked:bum:with your lawyers..they dont exactly sound on top of the game ..bet they would notice if you said yep there is a major change...in the amount I am paying you!!!join in this coffee party ..you need it!!..and no it isnt photos of anything!!

Hiya Sam ..how are you today?ok I hope..whatever you are up to have a good one

Morning Cinders ..and how are you today?Sorry to hear about your Mum..I hope you manage to get a more satisfactory solution..If you need someone to try your desserts out on first give me a shout..happy to oblige.
      As for plants ..Iwill do a list proper fro you tonight, but at the mo I have got Early Durham cabbage in ..All year round cauli, Musselburgh leeks..will do a list proper of what I have ordered tonight.

Hiya det ..how are you today? no breakfast eek ..Im just about to have mine..porrige with apricots and soya milk..lovely

Right peeps out early this morning so need to dash take care and have a good one.

A Professor was traveling by boat. On his way he asked the sailor:

?Do you know Biology, Ecology, Zoology, Geography, physiology?

The sailor said no to all his questions.

Professor: What the hell do you know on earth. You will die of illiteracy.

After a while the boat started sinking. The Sailor asked the Professor, do you know
      swiminology & escapology from sharkology?

The professor said no.

Sailor: ?Well, sharkology & crocodilogy will eat your assology, headology & you will dieology because of your mouthology.

Dad: When I beat you, How do you control your Anger??

Son: I start cleaning the toilet

Dad: How does that satisfy you?

Son: I clean it with your toothbrush..

If money grew on trees girls wouldn't mind dating monkeys

Little Johnny was on his way back home from the store with a
      loaf of bread in one hand, and his other hand in his pants
      pocket.

Off in the distance, Father Joseph sees little
      Johnny and realizes this is the perfect opportunity to go preach the gospel of the Holy Bible to the young boy.

Father Joseph approaches little Johnny and says, "I see that you have the "Staff of Life" in one hand(jesus the bread of life)."

"Yep," replies little Johnny. "And I have a loaf of bread in
      the other!"

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe two and a half years old and had just recovered from an accident.
      Someone had given me a little tea set as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of ?tea?, which was just water.
      After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was ?just the cutest thing!? My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up. Then she says; ?Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?'

There was a competition to cross the English Channel doing only the breaststroke, and the three women who entered the race were named Emily, Maggie and Rose.

After approximately 14 hours, Emily staggered up on the shore and was declared the fastest. About 40 minutes later, Maggie crawled up on the shore and was declared the second place finisher.

Nearly 4 hours after that, Rose finally came ashore and promptly collapsed in front of the worried onlookers.

When the reporters asked why it took her so long to complete the race, she replied, 'I don't want to sound like I'm a sore loser, but I think those two other girls were using their arms.'

A husband and wife are waiting at the bus
      stop, with them are their 8
      children. A blind man joins them after a few
      minutes.
      When the bus arrives, they find it overloaded
      and only the wife and her
      8 children are able to fit in the bus.
      So the husband and the blind man decide to
      walk. After a while the
      husband gets irritated by the ticking of the
      stick of the blind man and
      says to him,"Why don't you put a piece of
      rubber at the end of your
      stick, that ticking sound is driving me crazy!"
      The blind man replies,"If you had put a rubber
      (condom) at the end of
      YOUR stick, we'd be sitting in the bus right
      now, so shut up and walk
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

Good morning Abbers!

Is it only Tuesday? :H

Greetings TT, hope you enjoyed your work at home day!
        I can't wait to get back to my favorite garden place but not just yet - heat & humidity are returning once again, yuck.

SF, you wouldn't believe what people peeing in a pool does to the pH level!!!! I was very verbal & not shy about telling people 'Don't pee in the pool' :H Sometimes it was hard to get the pH fixed!
        Glad I don't have to deal with all that work any more. Having a pool in your yard is not really that much fun
        Maybe the management needs to tighten up the rules & regulations? That's not a great example for the kids there.

Mick, I still need a very large cardboard box to use as my starter nursery. But I have everything else I need. I think the bunny rabbits around here have pretty much destroyed the 28 broccoli plants that went in the garden last weekend - oh well!

Det, an earthquake - geez! Glad everything is OK.
        Had one here 2 summers ago, it was kind of freaky being in the basement & suddenly all the pipes started rattling.

Cindi, sorry your Mom is not well. Hopefully a hematologist will find the cause & offer some treatment options.

OK, I'm heading out for a hair cut & a little shopping - not in the mood to do any real work.
        Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

Morning all

TT, yes copperhead = poisonous snake. Seems like I have a run in with them at least once a summer.

SF, maybe I am asking the obvious: you are a school teacher?

Det, glad you're ok, as Lav said we had one here awhile back. I remember standing by a transit watching it move, very weird and all the dogs in the neighborhood going off.

Cinders, thinking of you

Mick, I'm just doing the do. If it doesn't rain today, I hope to work on a fence

Howdy Lav, sounds like a good day for you to enjoy taking her easy

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

MAE Abbers,

TT, I enjoy cooking and baking so working out healthy and nutritious snacks would be great fun for me. :-)

SF, Peeing in the pool from the side? Really?? In reality, I do expect young ones to pee while swimming, senior ones, too, because they can't help it, but to sit on the side of the pool and pee into it? :wow:

Funnily enough, the urine would be good for our PH level because we are too acid. :H

Mick, Conjunctivitis sucks. I have had it several times in my life and a few times it got very dangerous. Take good care of it.

Det, No breakfast is bad. I don't care what anyone says. Like you, I try to keep it on the higher protein side for a good start to the day.

Lav, Enjoy the day off for yourself. I hope the haircut turns out well. Nothing like a new cut to freshen up our looks and make us feel better. :-)

SS, Don't overdo on the fencing work. I know hubby and I get some pretty sore backs when we have to tackle the field fence around here.

btw, we, too, have copperheads on our mountain. Rattlers also, of course. Luckily, we have several king snakes and a beautiful black racer that live very close to our house and around my son's trailer. The copperheads and rattlers stay on the other side of the road. :H

Just working on self today in terms of LinekIn, resume, cover letters, etc to get a local position. My skill set does not exist in this area, so I need to reinvent. It is a challenge at 57 years old but I am kind of looking forward to doing something newish which uses some of my experience but adds to my skill set.

Have a totally sober Tuesday, Peeps. Today is the only day we have for sure, let's make it count!!

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

You know, some days. Between my husband being fed up to "here" with his children's lack of responsibility to pay their bills, take care of car titles, registration, taxes, etc.

And my son being totally fit to be tied because his car tags had expired and his insurance had expired while his wife was driving it and the ensuing nightmare of getting her fines paid.

And his inability to find the title of said car, his birth certificate so he can transfer title to his wife, etc,

I am getting royally angry and upset.

As Lav says over and over. Stay out of other's issues. I cannot help son or daughter financially but am sick and tired of husband being angry about them and sick and tired of their messes because they simply will not just follow simple rules and laws and all the sh@t that comes after them because of it.

On an aside. My daughter is actively pursing a job so at least she can pay her house payment now that all but one child is in school. Prior to this year, she couldn't afford to work because of child care costs.

Okay. Rant over.

I really need my home group AA meeting tonight and a long talk with sponsor about all this.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

Hugs Cindy. It's a balance between caring for those we love and staying out of others messes
                Look after yourself and I will say a prayer to the wonder goddess of mothers everywhere.
                Remember they are adults! But of course it's different when they are our kids.
                Hubby sounds like mega grouch.

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

I need to sneak some of the stuff into the pool that turns the water bright blue when someone pees. It would be great for the upcoming holiday weekend:H

Cinders....have you never seen those in the pool bars....where you sit at the bar...with your bottom half in the water? Who came up with that bright idea

Mick....it is not the last day of summer....until I say so

Cinders rant away....

Sam...no not a teacher....I have two kids.....and it is nuts what they do these days with all the technology. Cool thing though....my son has a history test tomorrow...guess who forgot to bring his book home??? I got a huge evil smile and said, "Good thing I learned last night that you can access the book from the computer".

I was rather pissy today. I did not sleep good, got to yoga....because my favorite teacher can always swing my mood around....to find out she was sick....and the sub was less than inspiring. Came home and the printer would not work....which led to me sending nasty texts to hubby about all his crap that is not put away from the move.....now that is venting He gets me though...and just responds calmly. Or rather understands it would not be a good time to engage a woman

Comment

af Tuesday 27 August

MAE ALL...

Late check in for me. Went out for breakfast this morning then early into work and before I knew it, it was time to come home.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read back will try to catch up after I cook din din. Hope everyone has had a good day/evening so far....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X