af Saturday 31 August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Saturday 31 August

MAE absters and its the end of the month!!! Beautiful sunny day here but I have curtain confusion - trying to think of possibiities, prices. I don't like wasting time doing this stuff -its not me. I would much rather be in my books or outside. Who thought being AF would lead to this??? :H:H
    Mick and I - interior decorator obsessives.

I won't welcome you all individually into the day today - abut I did have a trawl around some other threads at lunchtime.
    Hope its all going well and that your eye is much better Mick, and your hand is on the mend, Cinders.

We survived a week of exams - don't know how the daughter went yet. Its fathers day tomorrow so we will probably take His Lordship out for lunch. I refuse to buy any presents and Samstone -please 2don't mention weed-eaters. !! I thought here that we were keeping the weed-eater business going - they are always breaking down - but thats not my department. I just pay the bills.

See you all later
    Bear -I hope your evening was fun and that you were not tempted - not likely anyway as you were driving.

Be good and sober people

af Saturday 31 August

just checked ..the Queen of upside down land has just posted ..hope you are ok TT

mae all..how are we today?..ok I hope ...yep its pretty early ..been up since 4 .Didnt sleep that great, so thought I would get up and read for a bit...too early to do hammering and banging things!!!hopefully get the step finished today..out early doors tomorrow so wont be here to start..

right anyone for coffee? bit early I know but hey..live dangerously!!!

Reckon its afternoon tt where you are ...had a good day?is it weekend off or still doing homework with your daughter?As for the food ..Im going through the same phase at the moment...crap food.com..last night..bread (which I hardly ever eat,) garlic sausage,chicken,ice cream, chocolate..hasten to add not all together or in the same helping!!!back into it next week ..the beauty of it is ..if I say I am going to do it ,I usually do .

Hiya SF..how are you ? well was today a short day at the office?As for your sponsor ..wow not so sure that I would have been as calm..or polite to her answer!!!DAid you enjoy your smurfs movie? ..even moreso ..the popcorn? have a great weekend

Morning bear how are you today? enjoying your weekend away? anywhere nice?

Morning Lav...how are you today? ok I hope..well the lady is hosting a barbie on Monday eh? just love it..your no nonsense approach makes me laugh..you want beer ..bring it..Ican just picture you listening to all the bleating and moaning going on ..with the wee cogs in the head going "like I give a sh.t ...next!!!" :H by the way what are locust boards?
    Tell yer man if he doesnt get the boards cut ...Levi is on his way to see him..".we are not a mafia ..we just do right for the community"said a spokesman.That series about when they are in Florida...jeez its more like a soap as it goes on!!
    Abes ma is now living with them is partial to the odd?vodka and cranberry
    Abes sister Katy Ann has just had a make over ..scrubbed up quite nice and wants to leave the Amish
    Rebecca and Abe totally pissed off because Katy Ann wont run about like them in jeans and a stetson!!
    Jeremiah ..well what can you say? apart from amoeba and I think that brain cell is on holiday
    Sabrina...looking for her parents..oh and trying to have sex with any male with a pulse!!
    Kate ..bishops daughter..now a model ..not a lesbian but like kissing girls
    A normal day in the life of ....

Nah wouldnt say they are slow Lav...but the buggies havent got speedometers ..they have got feckin calendars in them!!!Right annuver brew ..do you want one?have a great day

Hiya ppqp..how are you?yep you are probably right ..thats why I go on holiday ..to slow down!!!Cuppa for you too?So you are all thunked out are you? Glad you are enjoying your job ..didnt see any major disasters in Alberta ..my mates haven pmd me from Calgary saying there are any major issues..so you musta done ok!!Go for it give the lawyer hell!!..send her to SFs sponsor she is fond of hell!!You have a great weekend.

hiya Cinders ..how are you? wow lot going on ..and from what Im reading into it possibly more to come with maybe moving and work etc...See you live in Alabama ..and this call is to NC...is that far?You know,your old boss was right..its actually your perspective on life ..you make it a one two or 3 smile day..its like saying the weather is crap because its raining ..someone once said its not the weather that is crap ..its the way we prepared for it ..how true..enough woffle have a nice weekend

Hiya Sam hows you today ..?weed eating? dont know what that is ..but I guarantee you if you came out with that in convo over here..the cops would be round for the early morning knock!!

Hiya det how did the meal go? ok I hope ..more to point ..you getting an ice dream maker? if so can I place an order now?

right peeps its 5.45 am just starting to get light so time to go..have a great day ..will pop in later..saw these so thought I would put them up for a laugh

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

Hiya Mick - naughty cartoons :H:H

Bet you sleep better once you are back in healthy eating mode.

WHAT THE HELL ARE LOCUST BOARDS ??? I HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP TONIGHT

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

WTF are locust boards???Mind.Boggled.
        Morning - up early not entirely voluntarily, got back from band about 2.30am this morning, woken up by a very snuggly,vocal and hungry cat about 7am - very cute though.

I didn't drink, didn't want to - and smoked my e cig like a demon!Load of washing in the machine and hair dying to get done - not doing gym as we leave in 4 hours - all part of the bear slowing down regime

Today we're off to Brighton for old friend's birthday, then we're off to see other old friends there tomorrow probably for lunch/afternoon coffee and cake. Day 6 today AF and day 5 NF.Had quite a good week, feeling calmer and being sober I was able to focus on the other people,rather than worrying what they think of me.

I think even 'in the moment' recently booze wasn't giving me any relief from social anxiety,obviously it wouldn't long term - but the very thing I was saying kept me drinking it didn't even help me with for a second!

Cinders hope finger is better and Mick I hope your eye is on mend - I wear contact lenses (not very often now as I have nice glasses) and have suffered before - very painful. Otherwise,feeling good and enjoying being hungover - everything is easier AF.
        Enjoying booze free life.
        one day at a time

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

Bear...glad you did well with your night out. Sounds like the cold passed?

Lav...sober holidays do rock.....but, they still go by too quickly. The Smurfs movie got put on hold

PPQ....one thing I can guarantee....the work will still be there when you get back

TT....I am not much for decorating the house. Years ago I read "Speed Cleaning"....works like a charm.

Det...I hope your dinner went well.

Sam....it does feel good to get things done...I just prefer it not to be house stuff!

Mick's day is starting and mine is ending. Wee hours here.

Sponsor is gone. I am not in AA. I attend a recovery group that is more geared towards religion. I have "The Recovery Bible"....its the first time I can actually understand the Bible and it has side notes on how the stories relate to recovery. It reads more like a novel of redemption of people who lost their way.

I got to giggling in church recently when the pastor talked of how bad his brother was all his life.....but all was ok....because he was "saved" 2 days prior to his passing. Maybe I'll do that on my deathbed just for good measure. I hope to not offend anyone....I guess I just have a more forgiving God than my ex-sponsor has. I am open to all things....at the end of the day....its about being a good person IMO....here today on earth. I would never predict to know what happens or doesn't happen after death. I just know that I do enjoy going to the church....and my boys have really taken to it. If they are going to be into something right now....let it be church

I was grateful when I asked the boys what they thought of Miley Cyrus.....and they did not know who she was!

Hubby was in a row with the boys when he left for work....I got to enjoying the quiet too much...it is again the wee hours here.

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

MAE Abbers!!

Sky is lightening as I type. I think this will be our last weekend with the grandkids in the pool. This summer's weather has been too cool and thundery for swimming most weekends. I hope this is a good "last hurrah" and lots of fun to be had for the kiddos.

TT, Decorating is not my bailiwick, either. Luckily husband and daughter are both talented in that arena. I just follow orders.

Mick, Just reading between the lines, I gather you keep busy all the time. Hubby does the same. Some sort of project or other going on all the time. Unfortunately, often he starts one and then jumps to another and I end up with half-finished stuff all over the place.

Bear, Our poison ends up making our anxiety much worse, even though in the beginning it helped so much. Since you are simply going for a specific amount of time AF, just keep your eyes on the prize. I am sure that you will be amazed at how much better you feel. A paradox for those of us who have relapsed so many times is that despite how good we feel sober, we keep trying to get back to the early days and skip over the bad ones. That is what makes it an addiction, though, isn't it?

SF, Aahh, the group explains the sponsor. Glad you jettisoned that person. It can be frustrating dealing with someone like that, for sure. I never understood why the Christian churches dwell so much on the Old Testament when the birth and subsequent sacrifice of Jesus meant an entirely new covenant with God? Think how different our churches would be today if all we studied was the New Testament? (Apologies to all about the religious reference but it is something I have always wondered about...)

Det, Because I have now learned that I suffer from a serious condition called Reactive Hypoglycemia due to my gastric bypass several years ago, I am having to revisit all thoughts on carbs and glycemic indexes, etc. I have had several incidents recently where my blood sugar dropped to in the 40s. Quite dangerous. My doctor wants me to not only restrict carbs but also only eat carbs with a low glycemic index. Your ice cream recipe falls into that category. I do miss my sweets especially now that I can't supplement that craving with vodka. I purchased erythritol online and have used it in cooking for hubby. It really does not cause a spike in his blood sugar like Splenda does. I was glad to see your recipe used it, too.

Waves to all Abbers, I'll check in off and on as I can. Once the kiddos show up, though, this woman tends to stay pretty busy. Also, have to beat teenagers off the computer to get to MWO.

Fingers healed. Mandolin in garbage. I am going to buy a safer one. Pricey but worth no more slices to digitis.

Ruminating on job possibilities, especially if I have to move. I am quite sure I will be talking about this a lot this week. Ignore me if it bores you. :-)

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

Good morning Abbers,

No sun here, thunder storms predicted all weekend - oh well!
              I just can't wait to get rid of the humidity & general dampness around here. It makes my aches & pain much worse

OK guys - there's no secret to locust boards :H
              We're just waiting to have a cut locust tree cut into boards to build the raised beds I want for my garden :H The locust is just an alternative to using cedar or redwood.

Hope you had a good day TT!

Mick, love the cartoons this morning :H
              You really need to stop watching Amish TV!!!! Keep the coffee coming - please!

bear, keep going one day at a time!

SF, I remember falling asleep in a movie theater when my kids were quite young watching a Care Bears movie - how boring!!! The Smurfs are definitely a step up!

Cindi, sure glad to hear you are healed & keeping your fingers safe.
              Good luck with the job search although the thought of picking up & moving at this point scares me. I just don't know if I could muster up the energy to do that again.

OK, got go pick up my dog's thyroid medication - yay.
              Have a great day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

MAE ALL...

TT...now you got me thinking of curtains. Actually just one blind that I want to be able to open and close easier than it is now. Hope your Fathers day celebs go good.

Mick...good idea about sicking SF's sponsor on her. I'll give it some thought when I start thinking again. It's a do nothing weekend including thinking. :H Just back from a great visit with Dad, was talking a mile a minute and the weather was perfect for our long walk. You're going to have to make it an early night if you're up early again Sunday.

Bear..." and being sober I was able to focus on the other people,rather than worrying what they think of me." Oh how true. What a great feeling that is eh? "but the very thing I was saying kept me drinking it didn't even help me with for a second" and there's the reality. Even if I had to read it 3 times to get the emphases in the right place. :H You're sounding great and congrats on 6 AF days.

SF...I wish I didn't know who Miley Cyrus was either. I'm having nightmares. :wow: I think it's just great that the boys are into something that means a lot to you as well. What a great thing (church) to have in common.

Cinders..."bailiwick"
                what a great word just don't read the definitions in the Urban Dictionary :H Glad the mand is in the can. We've done enough damage to ourselves. Talk away Cind's, I'll be listening.

Lav...thank gawd...the mystery of the locust boards has been solved. Now if we can just figure out Mick.:H

Hope you all are enjoying your AF Saturday...you too Pauly....PPQP

Comment

af Saturday 31 August

happy Saturday ABeroooonies!

great job Bear! keep up the good fight.

Cindi, maybe we can help each other stay on the straight and narrow on our dietary lifestyles. I"m feeling supa dupa since being home and back in the paleo zone.

feeling so good I got up at 5:30 and went shooting with friends. it was just so fun and I learned a ton about my hand loads (I load my own ammo).

the term locust board sound like a group of politicians in a room somewhere thinking up marvelous ways of spending their constituents money

so grateful to be AF and home with my sweetie catching up on back episodes of breaking bad and dexter....

be well family
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X