re; head full of blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re; head full of blue

Can't believe no-one has read- Head Full Of Blue! - would just like to know what someone else thought. I found this so realistic and so harrowing. to the point i have read it several times. Its in two parts- the first his decent into alcoholism,the chronic health repercussions, the second the clawing his way out. the re-hab, the not being able to go any where without seeing anythin to do with booze. from ads to supermarkets offering a taste tester. the only place he felt safe was at the bottom of his local swimming pool. he became great at holdin his breath! I would love anyone elses review
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

re; head full of blue

Hi

I'm almost through this book - very impressed with his honesty & quite frightened by the effects it had on his health. Definitly puts you off, especcially the vomitting blood on a regular basis like he did.

Nattie

Comment

re; head full of blue

Sounds harrowing....anything good at the end??? Please let him be Ok??
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

re; head full of blue

You HAVE to read this!! i have read a lot of books about the struggle with alcohol but this one is the best. unglamourised, frank and honest. from the gradual decline ,the "hell" in between , the re-building of his life and yes Diamond a "good" ending. wont say happy cuz he admits its an ongoing battle that he fights every day. Like i say, i have read many books on this. they all seem so "hyped" up, i dont know, maybe cuz its british its just the raw story, told as it is. cant believe no one else has read this xxxMax

Comment

re; head full of blue

You might also like "drinking, a love story", it's another good, truthful read, written by Caroline Knapp.
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

re; head full of blue

glad you reading it nattie, thought I was the only one! Flip, I read "drinking a love story", it was good too, but think head full of blue was better. xxxMax

Comment

Working...
            X