Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Tuesday 3 September

MAE all - will keep this quick as I have the world to set in order :H:H

PPQP - Thanks for the kind thoughts re my daughter. Having an only child and not having financial woes (touch wood) probably also helps a lot. Yep, there is lots of rivalry between NZ and Australia - you being a Canadian will appreciate that.

Cinders - sounds like you had a storm at your house but hope you enjoyed the day.
    Lav - how are your storms?

Mick - you having a good day? Is it summer or autumn or both?

Hi there Samstone, Det (probably catch you on Monday's thread),Pauly, YahYah, Blondie?

Bear - another AF day - great!

Still dark here but I have to get cracking - so catch you later and have a terrific AF day when Tuesday starts up where you are - sober, safe, sane thoughts:happy:

af Tuesday 3 September

TT - when you're finished with your world, pop over and sort mine out. Thank-you Isn't it funny how someone having just one or two drinks is very noticeable and (sometimes) annoying. Yet when I drank, I thought I could consume enough to knock out an elephant and still no-one would notice. Delusional? Moi? :H
    OK - I know I was a bit out with PPQ's location, but it was close enough, especially when you're dealing with vast distances here
    And finally, I used to love One Man and His Dog and I still watch Antiques Roadshow! Zo vot does zis say about ze blonde vun? Hmmm

Mick - are we due for a garden pic update?! I recall seeing Billy Connoly in Wellington and was shocked with his constant effing! He's certainly toned that down a bit. I do like his travel programmes. Oh, and I didn't understand the expensive handbags joke; am I slow today??!

Samstone - loved your pics - very idyllic.

Much exciting reading today. Ho hum...

Hope your Labor Day hols went well (did you read the date horror tale in the %$^&* thread???!)

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Morning everyone - up ready for another day. My work team was being very negative yesterday - not looking forward to today. One person in particular is hard work at the moment - and I know she has been talking about me behind my back in open plan as a colleague overheard it. Sometimes I really don't like managing people!

Feeling anxious today - woke up with feeling of dread and all that I want to try to achieve at work/home swimming round my head.First time I've not wanted to go to work in a long time! I haven't been booking in time to do my online CBT sessions and I think that would be really helpful!I'm re-starting affirmations/some of it I'm sure is the alcohol leaving my system - and I weighed myself today!

Anyway - it's day 3 AF/NF here which is positive and I am determined to turn this mood round. I'm going to contact line manager and ask for support re handling the person I manage. I'm also going to do positive affirmations through the day and go to the gym for a brief stress busting exercise session.Off out for dinner with an old friend tonight - a pie shop so salad and fruit through the day today.
      one day at a time

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Congrats Bear on Day 3.

I too have a very very stressful meeting tomorrow (Wed) and am not looking forward to it - but have to do this. My meeting is also a management issue.

One thing I am not thinking of is AL. We can do it!

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

mae all ..and how are we today? ok I hope moi...still doing work ...nearly finished the step just got to do the fancy bits and the sealant..started the rabbit hutch, my garage is like a bomb site .it started raining so had to move it all in.

Hiya TT and how are you today? nope I can definitely say that it isnt the antiques road show or that I go collecting antiques on a Sunday either.as for the weather think you are right ..its a bit of both ..still very warm, and yet it has got that autumnish feel to it ..also the plants are slowing down in their growing..all my nasturtiums have been chewed to bits by caterpillars ..virtually bare stalks.Hows the work scenario doing? ok I hope.

Hiya blondie how are you this evening?? ok I hope yep Mr Connolly has toned it down a wee bit since he started..as for the handbag joke ..yep slow cheap one on head ..expensive one kept dry!!
          Will put some pics up as a job lot..surprise surprise ..my daughter has just made me a coffee ...call me cynical but ........

Morning bear how are yuo today? better I hope.At the risk of being a pain can I say something?I think you are doing far too much at once..or as opposed to doing ..thinking...believe me my head zooms around at a million miles and I hardly stop, but it even takes its toll on me..you seem to be getting yourself in a vicious circle and end up losing out..See if this makes sense...some of what you are talking about are actions and others are non actions
          Drinking ...a non action ..just dont do it irrespective of how tough it gets
          Problem child at work ...action ..deal with it .It is affecting your whole slant on life..No need to be rude ,or kick off ..just cold factual this is how it is..I used to love people like that..you will find that most people you front up and deal with face to face cant handle it..especially with serious eye contact!!!Would happily help you out with that one!!
          Weight loss make it what you want..losing weight ...non action ..dont eat ...diet and exercise ..an action..
          hope this helps ..if not just pass it by..also noticed ..your last bit about salads and fruit..some fruits contain a lot of sugar and calories .small apple 53 cals ,orange 86 cals, so just be careful with them...

Morning Queen of the mulchless drive ..and how are we today???and the next job is?????after this coffee that is.Any plans for today?

Morning ppqp how are you today?Liked the joke...did I ever tell you my middle names were Reuben Isaac :H Need to get some pics of the ice rink ..take it thats what it is going to be?have a great day as well as this cawfee

Hiya Cinders and how are you today? ok I hope..you up to anything today or working?

rightho folks off we go see yawl later

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.
          Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in its mouth.
          Frogs are good bass bait.
          Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in its mouth, I grabbed it right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.
          Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. Its eyes rolled back, and it went limp.
          I released the snake into the lake without incident and carried on fishing, using the frog.
          Not long after, I felt a nudge on my foot. It was that damn snake... with two more frogs.

So, a norwegian, a danish and a swedish person is on a private flight. Suddenly, the pilot turns on the speaker and says: "The plane is malfunctioning and is going to crash. There's three parachutes, and I'm going to take one. You're going to have to figure out who doesn't get one". He then proceeds to jump out of the plane.
          The three men panic, but the norwegian tells the others to calm down and then says to the swedish person: "Here. You take one, we'll figure out who gets the last one." And the swedish jumps.
          The norwegian then turns to the danish person and says: "Let's grab the chutes and get out of this thing."
          The danish says, very confused:" But you just gave the second to last parachute to that swedish guy? There's only one left now."
          To which the norwegian replies: "Relax man, I gave him my backpack."

A guy is out ice fishing and he hasn't had a bite in hours, but the fellow next to him is pulling in fish after fish. Exasperated, the man finally approached the successful fisherman to find his secret. "What's your secret buddy, I mean you've been pulling in fish left and right all day long." "Ooo gahh takee darmns orm" the guy says. "What??" "Ooo gahh takee darmns orm" "I?m sorry, I just can't understand you." "Oh...," he says and spits something in his hand. "You've got to keep the worms warm."

A professor at the University is giving a seminar on the supernatural.
          To get a feel for his audience, he asks them, "How many folk here believe in ghosts?"
          About 80 students raise their hands.
          "That's a good start," says the professor, "For those who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you've ever seen a ghost?"
          About 40 students raise their hands.
          "That's really good," continues the professor, "I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?"
          15 students raise their hands.
          "That's a great response," remarks the impressed professor, "has anyone here ever touched a ghost?"
          3 students raise their hands.
          "Brilliant. But let me ask you one question further... Have any of you ever been intimate with a ghost?"
          One of his students from a Redneck state raises his hand.
          The professor is astonished. He takes off glasses, takes a step back, and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed that. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."
          The redneck student replies with a nod and begins to make his way up to the podium. The professor asks, "Well, tell us what it's like to have made love to a ghost."
          The student replies, "Ghost?!? Dang it... I thought you said 'goats.'

The Sierra Club and the U.S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population.
          It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution.
          What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive; the males would then be castrated and let loose again. Therefore the population would be controlled.
          All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes.
          Finally, an old boy in the back of the conference room stood up, tipped his hat back and said, "Son, I don't think you understand our problem. Those coyotes ain't f.ckin' our sheep - they're eatin' 'em!"

An Irish priest was driving to New York and got stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smelled alcohol on the priest's breath and then saw an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.
          He asked, "Sir, have you been drinking?"
          "Just water," said the priest.
          The trooper asked, "Then why do I smell wine?"
          The priest looked at the bottle and exclaimed, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

MAE Abbers,

TT, In all my years working, I never had to deal with management except in some very specific ways. As a matter of fact, in 15 years with my last company, I met two of my many managers face-to-face. Traveling jobs are like that. Some people disliked it. They wanted feed back. I liked the freedom of doing what I wanted to do. I did talk to my managers a lot when my expense reports were late, though. :H:H

Blondie, Why would a Canadian understand the NZ Oz competition? Just curious?

PPQP, A good child is such a blessing. I really can't say mine are "good." I love the heck out of them, though.

Mick, Only time my son walks over to visit I know something is up.

Bear, You have a very short term goal of AF. Try this, tell yourself that you absolutely will not drink for that short term, after that, if you really want to, you can. It is a one day at a time approach and it really does work. The cravings abate when you let yourself know you can eventually have a drink if you really want to, just not right now. Many AAers have been sober for many years using this approach.

Well, I have a 9:00 a.m. phone interview today. I dreamed about it last night. I must be anxious. It is for a job in NC. Many worries about that. I also had a drinking dream. I have not had one of those in weeks. Odd how it makes you feel guilty even though you really haven't done anything.

Hubby and I spent all day yesterday tweaking my resume. There is a job fair in town on Friday I plan on attending.

It would be really nice if I had a few jobs to pick from. Would really help my self-esteem. But at the end of the day, I will be extremely grateful for just one.

PPQP, SS, Y@H, SF, Det and all, big waves.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for kicking us off. Only child, I have no concept of what that's like. I am one of 8 kids, talk about issues.

Blondie...your comments reminded me of Molly's trip to Toronto. Even though she was in Canada she was still 2 time zones away. I'm one of those that always say I'm not ending up like that. I think early planning is the only thing we can do. I know you can get insurance for an assistant living facility but maybe we should open up our own MWO retirement home. We can all continue to look after each other.

Bear...good plan on asking for support with the employee issue. Take it one issue at a time and don't over do things. The anxiety will pass just stick to your plan.

Mick...at least the bomb site is in the garage and not the living room this time. Will get some pics of the ice rink when we flood it.

Cinders...good luck with the interview today. I think the job fair couldn't have come at a better time for you.

Had one of those nights last night so getting a second cup and reading the jokes before heading into work.

Have a great AF Tuesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Good morning Abbers,

Awaiting the arrival of some sunshine. We are all seriously tired of this crappy weather pattern. Saw on the news this morning that my old home town suffered flash flooding yesterday.

Greetings TT & blondie! I guess you two are all finished with Tuesday already :H

Mick, busy as usual I see
                'The Never Ending Story' was my son's absolute favorite. I'm sure he watched it 100 times as a kid!!!

Well, here's my mulchless driveway yesterday morning, in the damp fog. I see the some cracks still showing near the street end - what can you do?

Lots of paperwork waiting for me so I will be hanging out inside, at least for the morning.
                Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Waves, Lav. Somehow I forgot you in the list of Abbers. sorry. :-(

Lovely picture, actually. It is fun to see the property I have imagined so often. Yours is very manicured compared to my eclectic looking landscape. We have gravel as the driveway which makes it look much more country.

Have a great day.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Hello All
                    Another week beginning a day late... It was a good weekend, got lots done, weather cooperated, no alcohol, life is generally ok.

I co-own a small surveying business that has fallen flat on its face since 2008. The down side is the obvious, no income, the upside is getting things done around here. Started looking for a part time job last week and wondered to myself whether I could make enough farming. It is a hard one to decide.

Bottom line, though, is that decisions made AF seem so much better, no matter what is decided.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Hey all - had a really good day at work today,after waking up in a grump.

I am looking forward to seeing my friend tonight for dinner,she not a big drinker at all and I am going to drive so there is no issue - I will be enjoying a lovely steak and stilton pie and fresh veg.

I am going to cut down on the thinking/planning - there has been too much swimming around in my head for too long. I am taking the pressure off myself.Focus on small steps - few minutes tidying/cleaning per day and 30 mins exercise,even if it's just a walk round the park. See you all later.
                      one day at a time

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

whew! happy Unhung Tuesday ABerooooos!

it's like a super Monday for me. zooming along with little time to play.

nice pic Lav, looks good!

back laterish

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Hey Fabbies,

Just a quick flyby to say hello. Today was a beautiful day, as the heat and humidity broke. I imagine that Lav got in on it this afternoon.

Pretty driveway, Lav. Looks like you have a little slice of heaven there.

Good on you to keep things simple, bear.

Cinders, fingers crossed for your job prospects.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop by.

Waves to all of you, TT, PPQP, Sam, Det, Mick, and blondie.

:l
                          YahYah
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Cinders;1551493 wrote: MAE Abbers,

Blondie, Why would a Canadian understand the NZ Oz competition? Just curious?
                            Hi Cindi - that was TT Good luck with your phone interview.

Thanks for explaining the joke, Mick! Did you enjoy the coffee from your daughter, or were there strings attached?!

Thanks for the photo, Lav - looks lovely. My driveway is very weedy, but I like Cindi's term eclectic!

PPQ - I do like the idea of a MWO rest home. We have our very own nurse too!

Beautiful day here, but no sign of builders after they got a big payment from us!! :H

Comment

af Tuesday 3 September

Hi PQ - cross posted this morning

Cindi, I know the picture gives you the idea of a manicured property but remember, you didn't see the chicken house :H
                              Across the road (to the right) from me is a small horse farm, nice to just stand & watch them & hear them. To the left is a large corn field. Down the road a bit are lots of cows & sheep so there's still plenty of country

Glad you had a good day bear! Hi there Det, blondie & Sam!
                              YahYah, the cooler air did arrive just after dinner, thank goodness.

OK, so who needs to see the nurse? :H :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X