AF Wednesday 4 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Wednesday 4 September

Morning all - up ready for another day and my day 4, I have got a cold brewing and an evening meeting. But would feel so much worse if I was hungover and smoking.
    Lovely time with friend last night - talking about how we are much more home bodies these days.

I am mostly going to be working on clearing out my diary of weekend events and have decided about rollerderby that I will go to each Wednesday training session and most Sundays. I am removing myself from the pressure to make the a team and will only book in to play some bouts. I have enjoyed having my life back these last few months.I really want some weekends to just potter at home,and to sort the house out - decluttering/planning to buy furniture etc.
    one day at a time

AF Wednesday 4 September

Evening all - have come home from a book launch - lots of wine but that was not a problem for me. I had a good time. The water was a fine vintage!!! :H
    My stress-buster meeting has been postponed but still had tricky things to sort out at work today. Daughter started archery today! She seems to really enjoy it after one lesson.

Well done Ms Bear on another AF day :thumbs: and good idea about cutting down on the engagements - esp the social/drinkies ones at the moment. They will be there - just see it as a sabbatical - except the option is that the sabbatical from AL can be a permanent one.

Greetings to everyone else - Mick will be in to do the roll call I am sure and wake you up with some wild jokes.

Nite nite:l

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Night night TT - sleep tight.Glad you enjoyed the vintage of water

I have a wedding this weekend but am planning how to manage urges/have a cold so will say I am on lots of pills so can't drink. It's miles away so a big journey and a friend is relying on me to get them there,I am feeling good about it.
      The 'short term' goal idea definitely works and makes it achievable.
      one day at a time

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Mae all ..and how are we today?ok I hope .Well easy gto tell the seasons are on the change ..woke up this morning and its really foggy outside but the sun is trying to do its bit.Its hump day already ...jeez soon be Chrimbo!!
        Tea n coffee on the go for all that want /need it ..me included!!

morning bear ..how are you today?glad your day at work went ok..sounds like you are winding down a gear on the thought train ..good for you

Morning Lav...wow nice pic..thanks for posting it..looks impressive..fields and horses round you ..hmm can equate to that one..need a chicken house here too...maybe one day!!Brew no2 now ..want one?..as if !!

Hiya SF...hope you are feeling a bit better today...at least you know it is not a hangover!!

Hi blondie ..you ok? yes there were strings attached ..a lift to Manchester train station was involved!!!So what are you up to this evening? anything special ?

Hiya ppqp ..hows you today?nope you got it wrong ..the bomb site starts in the garage but strangely enough this trail of destruction follows me around ..dont understand it!!!

Morning Det ..how are you ? out on your travels again? have a good one

Hi Yah ..you ok ..any more news on the housing front?

Hiya Sam ..how are you ?certainly as you say decisions are made better when you are not full of ale!!so you thinking about going into the farming business? over here a lot of farmers are diversifying because the market is shrinking, but reckon that wont affect you over there.best of luck to you mate if you do decide to take off with it.

Hiya Cinders ...well how did the phone call go for you? success? do you find out straight away?fingers crossed for you..as for daughter on the want ..yep you were right!!hope you do well at the job fair too..as for your self esteem..if you dont get it ..its because they dont understand how good you are or what they are missing!!!

Hiya tt ..how did your day go? was it as bad as or better than you thought it would be?no matter its ended now ..tis relaxing time for you so enjoy

righty ho peeps off I jolly well go so take care all

SF...just for you!!!

Did you hear there was a fire in Obamas personal library?

It was awful! Most of his books hadn't even been colored in yet.

Did you hear about the girl who was dating the guy with the wooden leg?

She broke it off

I went to India and you have to eat with one hand and wipe your bum with your other, and I always got quite nervous that I'd forget which hand was which so I just used cutlery. But after a while it started to really hurt my bottom.

I saw Tom Hanks today so I asked him for his autograph.

He just wrote Thanks.

Did you know Steve Irwin would still be alive if he wore sunscreen?

It protects from deadly rays.

What do you call the ghost of a chicken?

Poultrygeist.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Morning All

Starting to feel like fall here. In a couple months, firewood season. I like it when all the leaves do their thing, outrageous colors and then gone. Snakes and bees go away for awhile, but then you have those 2 legged varmints running around with guns, better known as hunting season. I'm all for keeping the deer population down, just can't stand the frenzy that goes with it. I won't walk in our woods during hunting season till Sunday, the day God gives guns a day of rest.

Off to work this morning, we actually got a few jobs in, phone hadn't rung in 2 weeks.

Mick, the farming thing is difficult, here there is a niche for local stuff, very seasonal
          Lav, chicks in yet?
          Bear, did a couple of weddings this summer, got 2 more to do... for me, the hard part was anticipation, once there, made sure my first drink was NA and that set the tone to drink NA the rest of the day. It has been kind of fun, My wife loves to dance (she doesn't drink much at all) so she "makes" me get out there and shake a leg. I feel sorry for her, though, it's like dancing with a wooden toy soldier.
          Hello to TT, Yah, Cinders, Det, and any one else I missed
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Good morning Abbers

There's actually some sunshine this morning, what's up with that? :H

Sam, there is a large wooded area just behind the houses here so two of my neighbors (one of them my brother-in-law) shoot & shoot & shoot - all year long. Annoying, really!
            Chicks will be here sometime next week, I'm all ready for them

Greetings bear, TT & Mick!
            Mick, I've seen that Grandma story before, love it :H I wanna be just like her :H

Hope you are feeling better SF!

I'm off to Curves to get my day started right!
            Greetings to Cindi, PQ & everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

MAE ALL...

Bear...thanks for kicking us off. Sounds like you had a good time with your friend last night. Good on ya! I think your plan of removing pressures right now is the way to go. Well done on day 4, the week will be here before you know it.

TT...bummer about the stress-buster meeting, for me I'd just like to get it over and done with. Oh well, it will happen. Archery was one of my favorite sports too. Let's see guns and arrows, what does that remind you of.

Mick..."the bomb site starts in the garage but strangely enough this trail of destruction follows me around" must be a male thing :H I love the OOL pic. Just perfect for SF. We've decided to clear out our wicking bed and let the Out of School Care kids plant Winter Wheat. Won't be ready till June so may end up just putting in flowers after that.

Sam...best part of fall/winter is the blazing fires. Do you cut your own wood? I have done so in the past but lately had it delivered and stacked instead. Can you say getting old.

Lav...careful with mocking the sunshine, remember Mother Nature always wins. Hope curves got you off to the right start for today.

Heading into work early today publication deadline is Friday and I expect a run on membership/program renewals so will be distracted most of the day. Have a great AF Wednesday all and all to come...PPQP

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

MAE team,

I am waiting for a follow up interview with the team I would be joining for my job prospect. I am very nervous.

I am woefully unprepared as I had not even begun brushing up on my expertise before I responded to an email. All I can do is explain that I have not touched this stuff for two years and it will take me some brush up time to get back in the saddle.

They either accept that or they don't.

It sounds like things are rolling along smoothly for most of us. SF, I hope you feel better. I always laugh when I actually get ill these days since I know for a fact it is not from drinking. In the past, I never had a clue whether I was hungover, weakened from a binge, or what. Today I know it is not from that. Whew!!

Bear, Always have a plan in place to exit celebrations if you find yourself tempted. I realize you will be far away and responsible for people that are there, but at the very least, you can take a walk or get away for a while if you find yourself in situation that might make you cave to a drink. It won't be worth it. You have a very short time to go before you see your counselor again and you want to ensure you stay sober so you can rationally discuss your mental well being at that time.

Sigh on the chickens. Hubby simply will not let me get some. If I get this new position, I will be living away from home. In that case, I just might find a place to live where I can raise a couple of chickens on my own. So there!!

Take care and have a sober Wednesday. This short week has me confused as to what day of the week it is.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

mae everybody,first of all i thank you guys for always supporting me,its nice to know you guys care even if i was being a depressing asshole,i took my last drink the other night and told myself its the last can that will ever touch my lips,i had forgotten how completely sick drinking makes me,how could i forget?dumb,dumb,dumb,i feel free now,and relieved to be sober,i drove to the store today and it felt weird cuz i hadnt driven in a few,i had a burger for lunch,and it was good and stayed down,what small things we take for granted when sober,sorry a long post,just wanted to thank you guys
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Pauly - welcome back. I know you are under a huge amount of stress and worry -and its so good that you have decided to quit. But you know this is not the first time - so lets see if you can get past the 30 - 40 day mark this time. In the meanwhile ODAT.
                    You sound very unwell - its not 'normal' or healthy to not be able to hold food down- have you got a decent doctor or medical person checking you out (I know its complicated in the US with insurance and stuff). You also know that each time you quit it can get harder and its all taking a toll on your poor wee body. And its like hitting yourself again and again...
                    I can't recall but have you tried AA - or another support group - I am sure there are millions of these in Vegas. Others here may be more familiar with the alternatives to AA and may be able to help with ideas for a support group. But you need it Pauly - you need help. We can do a lot on MWO to assist you but you maybe need to call in some other artillery

Lots of hugs:h

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Hi, Abbers,

Quick check in to let all know that interview two done and dusted and a follow up face-to-face to follow next week.

Seems promising.

Nerve wracking stuff.

Pauly and Bear, I am reading a book I purchased at AA. However, the book is not purely for AA members. I can be used by anyone desiring to live sober and that is stated in the book. It is very short. I recommend it. Living Sober It has some valuable ways people have managed to stay happily sober, much like you would find in the Toolbox Thread.

hth,
                      Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Good one Cinders,!

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

That's good news on the interview Cindi - good for you

Pauly, glad to have you back on the sober bus
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Wednesday 4 September

Ahoy ABerooooos!

garlic-breath is late tonight. got my exercise mojo to the point where I actually made it to Muay Thai for the first time in ages. feel amazing! boy am I going to be sore tomorrow.

Cindi, nervous anxiety beats the hell out of detox anxiety!!! keep up the great work.

Paulywog, your sounding good!

PQ, thanks for reminding me about archery, my replica Mongolian horse bow is probably getting rather lonely. great discipline.

Mick, poultrygeist! LOL made me think of Lav and I hope she doesn't have any of those any time soon.

TTops, book launch sounds like fun. I adore books and always have.

be well everyone!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X