AF Friday 6 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Friday 6 September

Weekend's here again and another chilly morning; will buy some small bags of wood - nicer look than my old holey jumpers!
    Thanks for doggy wishes - he just ate too much. He's gets very stressed in kennels and doesn't eat and looks like an underfed greyhound, so we've been guilty of giving him a bit too much. All back to normal now.

Pauly - sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. :l Well done on not drinking.

Bear - Congrats on day 6 now - you seem too busy to drink! Christmas isn't my favourite time any more; just seems weird being summer and Christmas and the decorations look strange in the sun!

Beautiful photos, thanks Mick. As you can see your garage floor, then I deem it not to be cluttered. My partner's talking about getting a double garage, but I know what'll happen - the clutter will spread and multiply. Can anyone actually fit their car in their garage?:H BTW, you win on the caterpillar plague!

Lav - you seem to just have a little window of comfortable weather there - not too hot and not too cold! Good luck with new chooks.

YaH - Sod's Law at work there At least you'll be a busy shrinky-dink! :HWill have to google blues dancing...

Night PPQ, Hi Det, TT (must be busy with your brief posts, look forward to normal programming resuming with you!), Cindi, Sam, SF, et al...

AF Friday 6 September

Quick pop in before I go to bed......

Because this stuff only happens to me......while meeting with a prospective new client.....an Assisted Living.....youngest resident is 78....average age is 89.....while they were giving me a tour......I was there at "Happy Hour".....bartender and all.

All I could imagine is our little ab group all there together drinking the bar dry Decided if I live to 89....it may be time to consider drinking poison again

Check in tomorrow....Friday....my long day:upset::upset:

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

MAE absters. How are we all today?
      Well I had the meeting I was dreading and it went OK but I know that there will be more drama to come from it in the future. But I felt relieved afterwards and for a moment felt like celebrating in the old way - except that was not possible as a) I don't drink AL and b) even when I was boozing I did not drink at work or at lunchtime. Then I had some more people to attend to - that were further draining my life force from me:bat and now I just feel flat and tired. In the old days this would be perfect 'break open a bottle' time as I am now at home, its late afternoon, its Friday and I have had a fairly stressful week. So instead I am on MWO and you guys have to put up with this old alkie baggage:H:H and kick me up the Bum anties: and say stop feeling so bloody sorry for yourself!!!
      There I did it!

Blondie -sounds like you need to watch Extreme Hoarders! I don't even have a garage - just a carport. Definitely spring here - cold but lots of blossom is out.

Bear - I really don't like Christmas and I get real edgy when people start going on about it. Thats why I have already booked a holiday away in the wilds with my partner and daughter. They are not into Christmas either - except for some presents. I have drunk my way through too many stressful Christmases and don't want to go there again.

Pauly - special hi and hugs to you.

Hi there to all else -Mick, YahYah, Samstone, PPQP, SF, Det (we had lots of garlic last night!), Cinders, and Lurkers Anonymous.

My partner is due home from work soon and to be honest I am dreading it a bit. He is always flat in his mood on Friday nights and can get very grumpy. I used to drink my way past that. there I go, whining away.

So this is a sort of post about how I used to cope. I guess there is a point in reminding myself about this. I am trying to look on the bright side but when you are very tired, a bit down - it does not come easily.

I am sure I will be a chirpy bunny after a night's sleep.

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

Hi TT

it's both enlightening and frustrating going through the "this is when I used to drink" scenarios and having to deal with them/ignore them or just let them pass. How about heading out for an hour - either with partner or on your own? A walk in the hills/bush/by the beach? Have a liquorice (sp??) ice-cream or 2? Or do something completely different and unusual and wow us all tomorrow; we'll be waiting

SF - interesting thought about the oldies bar, but I'd hate to be a messy 90 year old, flirting inappropriately with the young men...:H

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

Thanks Blondie - I am too tired to go anywhere at the moment.
          About SF's 'bar' for the oldies - I reckon even at 89 years we would never be able to keep strictly to a 'happy hour'. And imagine how the AL would interact with our meds!

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

morning all - day off for me and spa day - got to take old boy cat to vet tho first for old cat health check!I took urine sample yesterday which is in my fridge ATM and today I just need to wrestle him into the basket.

I've been having thoughts of ' I could have a few' at the wedding - yeah I could - but I'd feel as rough as a badger's arse, like a failure and no doubt would be smoking and feeling anxious/sick with a huge drive ahead of me. These thoughts also came last night when I was hungry and really really tired, I am playing tape to end and reliving last weekend's hangover/feelings of failure/playing new tape of having fun sober/looking outward to the people around me and focusing on them rather than on 'fitting in' and getting drunk. TBH some of the people there probably won't drink at all/very lightly.I am fighting this - rather than entering into the 'can I - can't I' debate - because the reality is I always can - but WHY would I want to??

Blondie - glad Doggy is better - I was woken up again at 7am by young loud,cuddle cat - day off as well - at least I'm not hungover

Yayyah - thanks,it's good to be back here as well, I really want to make this stick and am taking good advice from here to not think/analyse too much and just 'do' bit by bit.

TT - I'm glad your difficult work meeting is over - today hopefully you feel proud of yourself for tackling the issues - it's easier in the short term to hid and run away.
            Mine is on Monday and I feel a lot better about it after a night's sleep,a chat with my lovely boss and a training course yesterday. I am definitely being confirmed in post and have my 6 month review meeting coming up in a few weeks.

Pauly - I'm so sorry about your MIL, good for you for not drinking,be proud of yourself amidst the sadness.

Hey Det - good to see you - Indian chicken sounds lush - love spicy food - am cooking more veg atm (had stopped cooking from scratch - back at it now - feel so much better). My fave ATM is roasted broccoli, with garlic then when it's charred you add lemon juice,salt and pepper and parmesan. I'm also slightly obsessed with roasted aubergine as well.

Hey Lav- busy times for you with kiddywinks, you are a human dynamo - thanks for the solid and simple advice it's working so far.

Must get some breakfast down me and myself into the shower in a bit - I've got load of washing in as well - seem to have a huge backlog.
            Have a great sober day everyone and sorry to anyone I've missed
            one day at a time

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

mae all ...late start this morning ..pouring down with rain ..and of course I left everything outside to the last minute..so was out early doors sorting it out getting soaked ..do the garden good anyway.So how are we all today then..looking forward to the weekend?

tea n cawfee on the go

evenin blondie and how are you ? your weekend has already started I reckon ..so what are you up to? owt or nowt?garage is now cleanish..had to do a bit yesterday..as in male cleaning up ..move things about etc!!Nasturtiums are gone along with their incumbent passengers!!!My winter cabbages are doing well already ..think I may have planted them a tad early!

Hiya SF...how are you today? wow thats some group you got with yesterday..bearing in mind their ages..thats a bit of an iffy group title "assisted living" sheeeiit sounds too much like the Swiss assisted death thingy!!
              As for the bar ..hmm at 89 Ill run it for you!!!have a great weekend

Hiya tt ..wowee for a Friday evening you dont sound so chirpy ,so get a big smile on lass ..then no one knows whether you are mad bad or sad.As far as the work thingy goes ..dont know enough about it to comment but I will tell you this ..I certainly would not be letting some sneaky little sh.ts screw my life up to the extent I worried like that grrrr!!
              Was tonightb grumpy night for oh or ok?
              Asa far as posting it all hey thats what this is for ...you choose what you want to say and we listen ..thats what this is all about..drinking ..and sometimes you need to air the causes too!..Soooo....go and get your bezziest smile on and have a great weekend

Morning bear ..how are you today? ok I hope

Hiya Lav...well garage is cleaned sort of!!how are you today? lets mull te day over wi a coffee..any plans to put in motion or ..just coasting for the weekend? Raining pretty heavily over here at the moment.Programme on yesterday about the creation of Thomas the tank engine..honest I was channel hopping!!!and I thought of you!!!see the effect youve had !!!
              have a great weekend ..new chicks here soon arent they?

Hiya Pauly ..how are you today? keep strong ..big hugs to you from us all

Hiya Det .how are you today? apart from sore?Many moons ago Julie used to kickbox..dont know what style,but I know she had a brown armband thing as opposed to a belt like in karate etc..now that is going back a bit!!!you any plans for the weekend?

Hiya yah ..well how are you today ? what a cracking turn of phrase ..shrinky dink!!
              So you have got the house to yourself eh ..no wild parties
              You got that wrong too ..I can dance ..its just the rest of the world cant dance like me!!!! glad you are getting loads of new business
              As far as the peppers/toms go reckon I will get another 2 possibly 3 months out of them.You have a great time this weekend

Hiya ppqp ..well one tired bunny ..awww get a good nights kip.Soon be weekend ...would make you a coffee ..but it will keep you awake.

right peeps off we go have a great weekend ..be safe be sober ....and dont forget your bail money ..you never know :H

An old Italian man was dying, so he called his grandson to his bedside: ?Guido, I wan? you to lissina me. I wan? you to take-a my chrome plated .38 revolver so you will always remember me."
              ?But grandpa, I really don?t like guns... How about you leave me your Rolex watch instead??
              ?You lissina me, boy. Somma day you gonna be runna da business. You gonna have a beautiful wife. Lotsa money. A big-a home and maybe a couple of bambinos.?
              ?Somma day you gonna come-a home and maybe finda you wife inna bed with another man. Whatta you gonna do then? Pointa to you watch and say, ?Times up!?"?

Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a great big smile on his face. Mike says, "Pat, what are you so happy for?"
              "Well Mike, I gotta tell ya... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat, and a redhead came up to me.. tits out to here, Mike. Tits out to here! She says, 'Can I have a ride in your boat?'
              I said 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out, Mike. I turned off the key and I said 'It's either screw or swim!' She couldn't swim, Mike. She couldn't swim!"
              The next day Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat sitting at the end of the bar with a even bigger smile on his face. Mike says, "What are you happy about today Pat?"
              "Well Mike.... I gotta tell ya... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just waxin' my boat and a BEAUTIFUL blond came up to me...tits out to here, Mike. Tits out to here! She said 'Can I have a ride in your boat?'
              I told her 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out, Mike. Way out much further than the last one. I turned off the key and I said, 'It's either screw or swim!' She couldn't swim, Mike! She couldn't swim!"
              A couple days pass and Mike walks into a bar and sees Pat down there cryin' over a beer. Mike says, "Pat, what are you so sad for?"
              "Well Mike, I gotta tell ya.... Yesterday I was out waxin' my boat, just
              waxin' my boat, and the most desirable brunette came up to me... tits WAY out to here, Mike. Tits WAY out to here. She says, 'Can I have a ride in your boat?'
              So I said, 'Sure you can have a ride in my boat.' So I took her way out,
              Mike, way WAY out... much further than the last two.
              I turned off the key, and looked at her tits and said 'It's either screw or swim!'
              She pulled down her pants and.....She had a pecker, Mike! She had this great BIG pecker! ... and I can't swim Mike! I can't swim!"

A man and his wife were seated in a restaurant, when the man noticed that all the waiters carried two spoons in their vest pocket.
              Curious, the man asked their waiter the reason for this.
              "Well, sir," the waiter explained, "an efficiency study conducted by the management determined that the most frequently dropped silverware item is a spoon. Therefore, all waiters carry two spoons so that the item can be instantly replaced."
              As the waiter was offering the explanation to the couple, they noticed there was a string hanging out of the fly of his pants.
              "What about that?" the man asked, discreetly pointing to the string.
              "That, sir, is the result of another efficiency study." the waiter replied.
              "When we need to go to the bathroom, we use the string to pull ourselves out and aim. Therefore, we do not have to stop to wash our hands."
              "I understand how you can get yourself out and aim," the man said, "but how do you go about getting yourself back in?"
              "I don't know about the other waiters, sir," the waiter replied, "but I use the two spoons!"

Three men were drinking at a bar -- a doctor, an attorney and a biker. As the doctor was drinking his white wine he said, "For her birthday, I'm going to buy my wife a fur coat and a diamond ring. This way, if she doesn't like the fur coat she will still love me because she got a diamond ring." As the attorney was drinking his martini he said, "For my wife's birthday, I'm going to buy her a designer dress and a gold bracelet. This way, if she doesn't like the dress she will still love me because she got the gold bracelet." As the biker was drinking his shots of whiskey he said, "I'm going to buy my wife a T-shirt and a vibrator. This way, if she doesn't like the T-shirt she can go f.ck herself!"

Why couldn't the bike stand up on its own?

It was two tired!

I recently went to my doctor for a physical.......

Doctor: "Everything looks fine but you need to stop masturbating".
              Me: "Why?"/>
              Doctor: "Because I'm trying to give you a physical".
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

Good morning Abbers!

Special announcement: I AM GOING TO LONGWOOD GARDENS TODAY :H :H
                It's going to be a perfect 72 degrees & sunny all day long, yay!!

blondie, hope you got your firewood for a cozy weekend

SF, you know what happens when the old farts drink? They fall & fracture hips - no fanks :H
                Dare to be different, I am!

TT, it is amazing when you can separate yourself from AL & realize how dumb it was to drink AT things, people, situations. It was what I chose to do for a period of time but that's all history now. Now we chose healthier ways to deal with the BS, right?

Mick, the coffee is extra good this morning, thanks!
                Sorry you are getting the rain but it is your turn :H
                I am going to meet my girls at Longwood after some morning work here & a stop at Curves, yay!

I really need to get going. Thinking of you pauly!
                Have a great AF day one & all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

mae everybody,thank you for the kind words and hugs,makes me feel better,and micks jokes always cheer me up of course,you guys talk about yummy food first thing i log on,makes my stomach growl,haha,alrighty then off to enjoy yet another humid day in vegas,hope everybodys day goes good
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

AF Friday 6 September

(a very late) Aloha Friday ABeroooos!

good job SunFlower, TreeTops and Bear for averting the call of the AL in your exploits!

Bear, awesome your cooking for yourself....ain't it grand? don't forget the protein and healthy fats, they make a HUGE difference in fighting anxiety/depression and general brain health.

just for the record, my chicken was spiced with turmeric, asafoetida, cumin and hot chili powder. it was served on a bed of shredded cabbage that was dressed with blended garlic, olive oil, cilantro and half of an orange. exotic and yummo! you'll never miss the pasta or rice.

Mick, off to hike/shoot with the boys tomorrow. can't wait! my 'mountain' time is great therapy.

better get my pack together...

be well everyone!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X