• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does size matter? Oh my!

A "New Life Every Day" Devotional Thought

Size Doesn’t Matter
    by Steve Arterburn

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." - Ephesians 5:1

We live in a culture that values things that are large, extravagant, and impossible to miss. For this reason, we’re tempted to look at the struggles in our rather ordinary lives, and consider our victories insignificant if they’re not acknowledged or recognized by others.

But that’s just not true. Victor Hugo, the great French playwright who penned Les Miserables, rightly said our “greatest actions are performed in minor struggles. Life, misfortune, isolation, abandonment and poverty are battlefields which have their heroesobscure heroes who are at times greater than illustrious heroes.”

It’s not the size of the audience, or the amount of applause, that determines the value of your achievements. Live your life before the one true God. And live it with faith, hope, and love even though you’re not getting accolades for it. Remember, your true character is what you do when no one is looking.

“Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10
Working...
X