Gotta start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta start

Have noticed on my abs days I am STARVING ALL DAY! Put on 20 lbs. in the past year due to drinking...want it OFF! I feel gross. Tell me what you did to start off your exercise programs????????? Help a chubby girl out! LOL

Gotta start

Hey Luv

First, I'm not stalking you. I just posted a good bit in some threads you did. Now, to the question at hand.

Beware of the sugar cravings. I'm sure you know by now, that generally when we quit drinking, we'll crave sugar. Sugar is just going to put weight on you. Remember, it is not just sugar in the form of chocolate and ice cream, but carbs as well. I know what you're thinking:
    "Oh, so no enjoyment at all then, huh?" That is how I feel about it too. When I'm not drinking, I eat and eat. I noticed that I was rare, because I would put more weight on when I took days off. The reason is because I wouldn't eat when I was drinking. Got all my calories from booze which is a bad thing. Then, when I quit, I would eat like crazy. I had to limit my intake of carbs, and eat more protein. So, I guess you could probably drop a lot of the weight with just limiting the amount of sugar/carbs you are ingesting. I'm not gonna lie, I have a gallon of ice cream sitting in the freezer right now. Well, I'm not a monk for God's sake. :H I think it is good to treat yourself once in a while, right? What I try to do is this - I'll exercise and eat well for a bit, and then treat myself. When you have that treat, it is soooo much better. Also, you can make a bit of a hobby learning new dishes and recipes for healthy foods. I don't think I'm telling you anything you probably don't know, but just wanted to be here for support.
    where does this go?

Comment

Gotta start

Luvuall, when I initially quit drinking was in the same boat. I figured that my body was craving the calories and my stomach was a little stretched out from all the booze!

One thing that worked for me was to go to the store and by a ton of fresh veggies. Each week I bring a bag of broccoli, asparagus, radishes and tomatoes to work to snack on - but I also make sure to bring a tub of light veggie dip.

That way, even though you may be consuming a little more food, the veggies contain very few calories (assuming you take it easy with the dip) but you get that full feeling. I also try to eat every three hours so that I never get that starving feeling.

In terms on an exercise program, I would recommend starting out easy. If you haven't been doing anything, simply walking (or riding a bicycle ) would be a great start. Doesn't have to be a long session, start slow and build from there.

Best of luck!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Gotta start

..I have already accepted you are a stalker and considering I am a bit chubby right now, instead of being scared I am flattered...LOL
        Thanks for the tips...I was beginning to think no one was gonna answer. I am gonna start ASAP...today!

Comment

Gotta start

Lol

Luvuall, I know what you mean. I wish somebody stalked me. It's been awhile since I had some companionship. :upset:
          where does this go?

Comment

Gotta start

LUVUALL;123984 wrote: ..I have already accepted you are a stalker and considering I am a bit chubby right now, instead of being scared I am flattered...LOL
            Thanks for the tips...I was beginning to think no one was gonna answer. I am gonna start ASAP...today!
            OOOHHH!

Can I stalk you too please?
            Can I, Can I, please please please?

I could do with hanging out with someone that seems so happy.
            Your posts are almost bouncing off the screen today!

I am sure that Mrs Satori wouldn't mind as long as it is only cyber stalking!

But.... I suppose if you KNEW I was stalking you, and had given me permission, it would not really be stalking...........D'OH!

Anyway, I agree with everyone on here - fill up with LOADS of veggies - it keeps you full up but they have almost no calories. Drink loads of water too - has same effect - and keeps you hydrated if you are exercising.
            If you want to start exercising, and have not done so for a while - start off VERY easily, and, even if you feel good, keep to the plan and increase very slowly.
            There is nothing more guaranteed to cause injury than increasing your exercise too rapidly.
            As usual - I speak from many years of bitter experience!!! :upset:

Good luck

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Gotta start

Sure mine as well stalk me too! The more the merrier...

Getting jogging, walking shoes this weekend. My daughter is going to join me. Will be good for us...we can talk and walk/run.

Comment

Gotta start

I semi stalking you; I am lucky because of my height 5'10 that I can carry more weight. Low carb Low fat is the answer for me. South beach is good . Also I run a hour a day on that mini trampoline thing. The urban rebounder as not to hurt the knees. Am adding weights. I also had the Dr. prescribe a little something as bathing suit time is fast approaching.
                Love You More than these boys do
                Mary
                I am creating a turf war over you LUV

Comment

Gotta start

HA HA Simey...i am true to ya...now we'll start rumors for sure...UH J/K ...Me and Brit will buy new running shoes (good excuse for new shoes, right) over the weekend. I figure this will be good for us both....she's a twig, but will give us alone time.

Comment

Working...
                  X