Campral/I feel like a NEW person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a HUGE scare this past week...high blood pressure/heart pressure...etc. I ended up in the hospital for tests. I followed up w/ my dr., who had previously rx'd antibuse(problem is that you have to take it!) and while I was scared about my hospital visit-I did drink after I got out! He rx'd campral. WTH? I figured I would try. Even the first day I felt NORMAL! Not the anxiety ridden....thinking about drinking...love/hate thoughts I have always had for ALL these years since I recognized my problem. We went out to dinner...and old habits die hard-so I had(but did not crave) 2 beers. I came home and did not need to drink more. LIKE A NORMAL PERSON! Normally, I would have came home and topped the beer off w/ 5 or 6 glasses of wine! I went AF sat-not a problem-no obsessing! Today we went mexican-and I had a margarita and beer...same thing....did not need more when I got home. I just can't describe my elation at this! But I do question if I am hurting myself by drinking? I would love to be a normal drinker....but don't all alcohalics? Has anyone else moderated their drinking on this drug?

Not certain but...

It was my understanding that Campral was most effective when one is not consuming ANY alcohol ... I ma not a Dr. but I have read alot... good luck! La Liz

Comment

Same. Campral is a miracle drug for me, but I'm going to meet it halfway by using all my willpower as well and going AF. That way I don't have to spend any time dwelling on how much I'll let myself drink etc... It would be strolling into very dangerous territory for this little alcho

David

Comment

I'm with Still: Campral is known to help in maintaining long periods of abstinance and is usually prescibed to those who want to be remain AF after starting it.

I took it when it first came out & failed because I decided to drink. Thought I could moderate. Wasn't ready to quit & thought this was some sort of miracle pill. Like Giles~ now I know there's more to it then a pill.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X