Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd day AF

Hello all,,

Took me a few minutes to realize what AF meant - I am new here and am going to give this a go - 36 year old male, long term heavy drinker (15 drinks per day)- professional job, wife and infant - sick of the lie and sick of the pressure - I know I should detox properly but being the gambler I am, I am just going to ride these next five days out - nothing out of the ordinary spurred this on - It is just time -

Thanks for reading

Jim

2nd day AF

Welcome to MWO Jim
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

2nd day AF

Jim,

Welcome...yes and for many of us we are here because it was time, we were tired of being tired of it...(Alcohol's terrible grip)

Glad you are here and wish you the very best...You will find much support and tools here to help in this journey!!!
      Control the Mind

Comment

2nd day AF

Welcome Jim. Glad to have you here. Wishing you the best!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

2nd day AF

Welcome Jim.....
          I am glad you found us. Yes, that alcohol thing can be a monkey on some people's back.
          Good Luck..... Looking forward to hearing from you again.
          Abby

Comment

2nd day AF

Hi Jim, welcome, yes it is 'time' for me too. Take some time to read through the threads, you will find all you need here to keep stepping the steps. Look forward to hearing more from you.

L
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

2nd day AF

Welcome

:welcome: Jim,

When it's time, it's time and you'll make it happen - welcome to the start of your new life! Glad to have you with us.
              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
              Goals:
              Days 1-7 DONE
              Days 8-14 DONE
              Days 15-21 DONE
              30 days DONE
              60 days
              100 days

Comment

2nd day AF

Day 3 now - last night was pretty rough between 6 (supper) and about 10 - after that I calmed down a bit and read - My wife and kid went to her relatives for a few days so I could rough the beginning out. Felt really good this morning to be at work without full tilt anxiety.

Comment

2nd day AF

By the way, , thanks for the support. I quit smoking last march 9th (over a year now) by going to a site called quitnet.com. I plan to work this the same way,,that was really hard in the beginning but I loved looking at the days building up. I really have to do this for my family.

Comment

2nd day AF

Hello Jim and welcome to MWO,
                    Congratulations on day 3... Yes, it is hard for the the first week or so, but as the days pass by it does get easier, and as you say watching the days add up is a great incentive..

Good luck,
                    Louise..
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

2nd day AF

Welcome Jimi,

(Is that JIMI as in Hendrix? - only other time I've seen it spelled like that - I am a huge fan!)

Well done on day 3 mate - It is strange - but you posted almost the same as my first post - you just know when it is time.....

The first few days and weeks are the toughest - after that it gets easier and easier.

I find that exercise helps me a lot as I see the AF days mounting up AND feel myself getting stronger and fitter at the same time - a double incentive to not go back "there".

Log on and post often - and if the going gets tough - just come on here and vent!
                      If you are feeling down - someone will be here to offer support and an understanding ear.

We have all been there - it IS worth the effort - it DOES get easier.

You and your family deserve it.

Best of luck

Take care

Satori
                      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

2nd day AF

abby1;127037 wrote: Welcome Jim.....
                        I am glad you found us. Yes, that alcohol thing can be a monkey on some people's back.
                        Good Luck..... Looking forward to hearing from you again.
                        Abby
                        Just had this mental image of hundreds of unemployed monkeys searching the "situations vacant" columns!

Do you realise the unemployment crisis we are causing!!!???
                        Monkeys are starving out there - we need to set up soup kitchens (do monkeys like soup?)
                        Perhaps we have a moral obligation to retrain them?
                        Redundancy packages?

No - on second thoughts - they didn't do us any favours! Stuff 'em!

Satori

xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

2nd day AF

The monkeys can come clean my house if they want - I'll let them finish off all of the booze in my house as payment.

Thanks for the post Satori - it cracked me up.

Comment

2nd day AF

Satori & Barb

Love the thoughts on the monkeys...life can be a real zoo.....

I have the monkey's cooking & cleaning right now. They work for mere peanuts.
                            Abby

Comment

2nd day AF

Hi Jim- Welcome

I quit smoking last Dec - 05 with Quitnet too! The help here is great. I started last July - reading and posting and figuring out lots of things about myself and my drinking habits.

It was hard to admit I truly had a problem...then the real work began. I tried to moderate in the beginning- but it didn't work very well. After several months I decided I had really had enough. Last time I had a drink was Oct 27th 2006 Not that I'm counting.....but today is 180 days AF. I also started exercising and that has been a huge help.

Stick around and keep reading - I wish you the best. You can do it.
                              Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X