Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well folks, got the t-shirt; now is the time.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well folks,

it's here. I have the supps. i have the topamax, i have read the book, if there was a t shirt I am sure I would have that too. And today, arriving home from work i see the CD's have arrived, so there is no excuse. Except that I haven't really got anything to play them on and I don't want to start without that so I will wait until I get something to play them on becaeu nothing we have, and we have probably half a dozen , having three kids in the housre- is right, so I will have to wait for that. Becasue it is really important so it needs to be right, doesn't it. Which might be able to be tomorrow, but we will have to see how things go, won't we as I am not sure if I will be able to go to the shops then. And in the meantime I can carry on drinking too much; not far too much tonight as I have a BIG DAY TOMORROW, but certainly more than is good for me.

I don't know how long i can procrastinate with this, proably twenty years off and on and counting, but i have to take a deep breath and jump in and be prepared to work at it and stick at it and remember why i am doing it; for my health and my live and my children. I don't want to die young so why am i doing this to myself; and given a possible, and I know it is only possible lifeline, why the hesitation ?

A new life, has to involve some grieving got the old one I suppose, no matter what the problesm of that old one are. i remember when I got divorced from a violent man that it took years to think about the value of getting away; weighing up the costs, benefits, emotional ties. all of that. I read a book in the end which helped me make the decions, called "too bad to stay too good to go". For me, i think that a drinkig life, to the extent I do it which it drinking far too much but functioning pretty well within that, is summed up by that title. And if i go through the steps it talked about- those at any rate that I can remember some years on, the themes are similar. Weigh up the benfits, take a deciosn.

Well, i ahve done that, and I know the result. All I have to do now is put it into effct.

i'll let you know.

Good luck to you Gypsi Girl!
    You do have everything you need and now you just need the motivation and right mindset and sounds like you are on the right path. Good luck and do keep us posted.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome Gypsi! I did the same thing as I am sure others here have where I had to wait until I had everything in place before I even attempted to cut down. Too hard to let go of my daily habit. But once you do it it does get easier. Keep focusing your mindset on what you do want out of life that does not involve drinking. I found the CDs to be very helpful along with the kudzu and l-glutamine. Let us know how it goes for you!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

You're armed & ready! There's no stopping you now! You Go Gypsi!
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X