valium for alcohol withdrawel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read that valium has been prescribed for alcohol withdrawel -- this confuses me as I thought valium was addictive. What would be the dosage of valium and length of time -- I have read that it is prescribed so that you can sleep but any other insight would be helpful. I am 2 weeks AF mainly because I broke my foot am have been prescribed hydrocodone and ths cannot be mixed with alcohol -- but then I have read that it is generic for vicodin so I am AF -- but what happens when my pain pills are finished... I have already discussed this with my Dr. but am curious if others have any advice. Many thanks! La Liz

Hey, I think valium is prescribed when alcohol withdrawl is serious and can lead to seizures. I would follow your doctor's instructions and I'm sure that when your pain medication is up you will be alcohol free, and therefore not in need of valium for severe alcohol withdrawl. I recommend reading the MWO book and follow the supplement plan that RJ has laid out.

Good luck with that foot!
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's used just for those first 48-72 hours. I'm told that Valium becomes addictive after about 10-14 consecutive days of use.

Doo
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

I agree with Doo-it's to keep the person sedate for the first horrific hours (we're talking bad withdrawals). Valium becomes addictive if taken over time & builds up/accumilates in the body.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thanks ALL -- I'm in good shape as long as these pain killers don't do a number on me...

Comment

Working...
          X