Sports stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports stuff

I probably should just post this in the sport section but I think it might help motivate others. Mr DooDoo and I have entered a multi sport adventure race for 8 weeks time. I LOVE swimming, cycling and running but needed a big break from triathlon, and am now ready for some different multi sport events.

I've been doing a bit of training each day. I did a 30 min swim this morning and am feeling great for it. I'm running with my neighbour tonight too for 30 mins (walk/run seeing as I a so unfit at the moment) It's giving me a real incentive to try and stay AF each night.

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Sports stuff

Hi Doo,

Absolutely agree - activity/sports/excercise so good for the resolve! It's a major part of my getting beyond alcohol. I started 'running' about a month ago and managed to puff around for abut 10 minutes before giving up - have just managed to hit 35 mins (thanks for the tips!) and running further distances - the fun, the 'high', the sense of achievement , and the visible improvements are all great motivators!

Good luck with the race - sounds like a fun challenge - what are the expectations of each event?

Happy Excercising everyone!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

Sports stuff

Welldone Doo and Ariel.
      I love running but struggle at times with the motivation. Last year I met a woman who used to run too but had stopped so we got back into it together which really made a difference often at the end of a run we would confess that we'd hope the other would phone to cancel in the morning but in the end we were delighted with our run and both our other halfs noticed the difference in mood for several days - better than usual. It really is worth giving it ago.
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Working...
      X