November Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Mod Squad

Hey, and good morning to you all! (And good evening to you, my dear Emmy Lou, and anyone else from Down Under who joins us!)
    Ringing Cedars, so great to have you jump in the pool with us. Please post more often. I LOVE your avatar. Reminds me of my dear old friend who lives now only in my heart but made days at the lake such a joy - well, he made every day of his life with me a joy.

A month ago I was celebrating the end of September and looking forward to All Souls' Day (tomorrow). Well, here we are at All Saints' Day. I am very very happy :alf::alf::alf: to announce that today is my husband's last day of work! HURRAY! Retirement, here we come! A month ago we did not know that this would be happening. Before, we thought he would be working Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, our birthdays, etc. etc. etc. And now, yay! Now we get to look forward to all those days together. Ah, such joy. Of course, I know there will be times he'll want to lock me in a closet and vice versa. For instance, he likes to watch the tv during the day and it simply makes my teeth hurt to hear it on before 5:00 pm... but I believe we'll figure it all out.

My dear friends, I look forward to a wonderful November with you all. Thank you so much for being here. Eve, TMH, Stewarts, Crocus, Emmy Lou, Ringing Cedars, Lasha, and everyone else..... HURRAY! Let's celebrate a beautiful world and a blessed life. :l :h

PS Do my smilies drive you all nuts?

November Mod Squad

And good morning to you! Thanks again for starting us off, NNG. Congrats on dh retirement! Will you stay or move? Ha- the good ol' 24/7. It's an adjustment. Not one I've had to make as we own 2 condos 1.5 mi. Apart, and dh uses one as office, i.e. man cave. What is it with the t.v. and guys! Although I admit to watching more now. Love your smilies. Keep them coming!

Well my dh arrived home safely. Did not get nearly as much done as planned. Did do a couple double workouts. Today legs are telling me to just go for a walk. Yest I did about 25 min on ET and R/W 3 mi on TM. I just have to accept that I cannot run everyday. And golf is much more tiring than I would have ever imagined. Feel like the planks and strength training I've been doing has helped my game. Have to adjust my clubs to distance, too often overshooting the green.

Ok, guys, I'm committing to more AF days this month. Starting today, yes a Friday but WTHeck, all days are Fridays.

Echo the "thanks for being here everybody".

TMH
    Day 1 AF
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hey NNG, as my dad says about retirement...every day is Saturday, enjoy. I think some of you have figured out I have an age phobia thing for whatever reason, but I will say this about my parents...my dad retired about six years ago, he was 60, which in this day in age as we know is young to retire, and I will say this, my parents had like a rejuvenation after it. They travel a TON and bounce around between three residences - like my dad says, every day is Saturday.

When they go on vacation, they disappear for like a month. They're going to India in a few weeks, that will be a shorter one at like 3 weeks.

So, my point, enjoy, I'm sure you will...I know my dad was worried he'd go nuts not working, he's one of those types, but mom is kind of a nerd and she plans a lot of their activities, and I can see does genuinely enjoy them, he's not just humoring her.

NNG, I think you two will have a wonderful new chapter.

j.

Comment

November Mod Squad

I really wish there was a 'like' button here the same as Facebook. I was just re reading some of the posts and automatically wanted to 'like' them!
        I've just had my second night AF which is great. I looked in the bathroom mirror before getting into bed and was surprised at how fresh the skin under my eyes looks! Even after a long day working!
        I have a BBQ tomorrow for our football tipping competition. It's just a small friends group to guess the winners during the footy season. I've made plaques for the winners and we have a theme each year so it's a fancy dress party where we'll announce the winners. It's a VERY boozy event. In the past I would easily drink more than a bottle of red and then go on to another bar or party for more...I'm going to drink but I'm going to try very hard to keep it contained. I've got more bottles of diet tonic today and I thought I'd pre mix my weak vodka drink with lemon juice in an empty soda bottle.
        These people are seriously out of control drinkers at the best if times and they know I've been cutting back. At least I will look like I'm keeping up for a few hours anyway. I'm definitely not going out afterwards...wish me luck with my plan...
        X
        Em
        PS- I stupidly posted this in Octobers thread. I'll get used to it one day...

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hey, All!
          So, Friday evening here. Emmy, I want to come to your party tomorrow! Though I know nothing about your football, I'd love to hang out with you and then you and I could not drink much together.

TMH, I am with you on having a very good November with more AF days. YES. So needed. I over-did in October, since my guy was away from home during the evening. I can't say I'll be AF tonight, since tonight he is coming home from work for the last time... and for sure he'll want a scotch. But I promise you I'll be on board soon.

Stewarts, I love hearing about your folks. I have told you that before. Yay for them on all their trips! Will they be there to cheer you home on Sunday? PS... I'm PMing you about the age thing.

Happy November, All!

Comment

November Mod Squad

Eve, TMH, Stewarts, Crocus, Emmy Lou, Ringing Cedars, Lasha, and everyone else..... HURRAY! Let's celebrate a beautiful world and a blessed life.

Hey guys, it's me, Crocus loving you all! I too wish I could hang out with you at the football party. I am up (only 9:00 here in Boston) with my hubby. Been crying tonight for reasons I won't bore you with. Nothing more than insecurity and self doubt.. I am having some wine because I've been crying, and all of you have cheered be up LIKE YOU READ ABOUT! Feeling much better, so will definitely not overdue it tonight....because of YOU!!!! See you tomorrow. Love you especially NoName for keeping these monthly meetings fresh!

Comment

November Mod Squad

P.S. everyone, I too am a believer, and love all soul's day on which I remember and appreciate all the wonderful people who have shared my life and gone on ahead of me. All Saint's Day too is special to me. Wonderful to be in church with, and go to "Dunkin Donuts" with my "oldster" pals early this morning, and share our love of a blessed life. I'm the youngster at 63! My husband and I are planning our first vacation trip ever...in 39 years of marriage. That't what I was crying about. I feel like it's money I can't afford to spend. Boy! Did they ever tell me different. My kids are grown, educated, and married. We paid for everything. They are all grateful. And I'm not going to live forever! We will go to someplace warm in January of this year for 10 days. All done crying and worrying. Thanks, everyone.

Comment

November Mod Squad

nonamegirl;1578028 wrote: Ringing Cedars, so great to have you jump in the pool with us. Please post more often. I LOVE your avatar. Reminds me of my dear old friend who lives now only in my heart but made days at the lake such a joy - well, he made every day of his life with me a joy.Thanks for the howdy NNG. I'm not so great at keeping up with threads but I will try to post more oftener. I love my avatar too. Probably as much as you loved your buddy. :h
                nonamegirl;1578028 wrote: Retirement, here we come!
                You are very fortunate. Enjoy.

ToMyHealth;1578068 wrote:
                Ok, guys, I'm committing to more AF days this month. Starting today, yes a Friday but WTHeck, all days are Fridays.
                Day 1 AFIn the words of JJ, "It's all the same f*cking day man." So right on everyday is Friday.
                Stewarts;1578072 wrote: Hey NNG, as my dad says about retirement...every day is Saturday, enjoy.
                Ok fine Saturday...you two sort it out.:H
                Emmy Lou;1578097 wrote:
                I really wish there was a 'like' button here the same as Facebook. I was just re reading some of the posts and automatically wanted to 'like' them!
                I've just had my second night AF which is great. I looked in the bathroom mirror before getting into bed and was surprised at how fresh the skin under my eyes looks! Even after a long day working!
                I have a BBQ tomorrow for our football tipping competition. It's just a small friends group to guess the winners during the footy season. I've made plaques for the winners and we have a theme each year so it's a fancy dress party where we'll announce the winners. It's a VERY boozy event. In the past I would easily drink more than a bottle of red and then go on to another bar or party for more...I'm going to drink but I'm going to try very hard to keep it contained. I've got more bottles of diet tonic today and I thought I'd pre mix my weak vodka drink with lemon juice in an empty soda bottle.
                These people are seriously out of control drinkers at the best if times and they know I've been cutting back. At least I will look like I'm keeping up for a few hours anyway. I'm definitely not going out afterwards...wish me luck with my plan...
                I agree there should be a like button and some of the skype icons too. I think it's a great idea to pre-mix your drinks. You will know exactly how strong and how much you are drinking. You are your own liquor control board. Good stuff on two days AF!
                crocus;1578443 wrote:

Feeling much better, so will definitely not overdue it tonight....because of YOU!!!! See you tomorrow. Love you especially NoName for keeping these monthly meetings fresh!
                thumbs up
                crocus;1578446 wrote:
                My husband and I are planning our first vacation trip ever...in 39 years of marriage. That't what I was crying about. I feel like it's money I can't afford to spend. Boy! Did they ever tell me different. My kids are grown, educated, and married. We paid for everything. They are all grateful. And I'm not going to live forever! We will go to someplace warm in January of this year for 10 days. All done crying and worrying. Thanks, everyone.
                Glad that's settled. Can I come too??? Pretty please??
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

November Mod Squad

Oh Crocus, your worries about spending the money reminds me of conversations I had today with friends. The consensus is that we have to seize life before we run out if time, and if we make mistakes and it all falls in a heap, then at least we will still be here, and will just start again. Please throw caution to the wind and jump feet first into your holiday adventure? Life is for living and if you don't then it's wasted. It's too precious to waste, and you've earned it!
                  Our party was ok, I got home and looked at the vodka bottle, only one inch gone! And washed down with almost a whole bottle of diet tonic, yay!
                  There's a charity street party tomorrow. Two of my favourite bands are playing. A beautiful old pub is hosting the BBQ and lots of my favourite old locals will be there. Always lots of beautiful people involved. So my plan is to ask for my drinks in a long glass, and to sip.
                  It's so nice to be here, thankyou everyone for great support, and I'm rooting for you all in your moderating endeavours.
                  NNG I'm sure I would have LOVED to have you as our guest at the party, everyone would love you! And it would be a great comfort to have someone to 'not' drink with! The hostess at the party actually has been confiding in me that she'd so much rather stay home and do yoga than go out drinking with our mates most of the time. She had a few beers but I think she was happy when it wound down and we left. We do yoga together every Monday. She's planning to quit her job and live in Nepal to focus on her children's charities. She says Lord give me enough time to do everything I want to get done in this life ( & she's not religious) but she also says just in case, I'd better start now anyway!
                  X
                  Em

Comment

November Mod Squad

Good day! Well, wasn't A F. Dh got home about 6 and said he was going to have a drink, would I join him? I told him how I feel I should cut back, have more AF days. He totally agreed, but said let's do that during the week, I too want at least a couple days AF. Fri nights we often go to HH at club, Sat nights we are often out with friends. Excuses? Yes.

Em- what a fun time and you were SO in control. Interesting about your yoga friend too. Reminded me of my dating days. When out with a guy and thinking I'd rather be home with a good book, knew it was time to say goodbye.

Stewarts- are you at the Expo yet? Loved seeing the new products, getting some good buys. My red NY Marathon hooded sweatshirt made the cut on move to FL. Hope you get a good night's sleep and run well, my friend.

NNG, i know we are going to do better in Nov. have to admit it helps having hubby on board with me.

Crocus, you are one of the youngsters here too! Agree with everyone, you deserve a nice warm vacation. Love the idea of going to church & then out for coffee.

Ok, time to hit the FC for a run. Yest I did a 3 mi outdoor walk appreciating the beauty that surrounds me. Mid afternoon, 84 deg. Make it a great day, Modders.

TMH

Comment

November Mod Squad

Ringing Cedars, great to have you join us. Do you mind sharing your outlook on modding? Anything special that works for you? Please stop by often!

TMH

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi All,

NNG, Brill, enjoy your retirement together, I had a break between contract's a few years ago so we went around Portugal and Spain pulling my caravan for 4 months and had a ball, shame it had to end.
                        I'm so happy for you and maybe you might do something similar in America.

By the way my wife is completely better and has a small dose injection every 2 weeks instead of pills in case she thinks she's OK again and stops taking them.

Life is looking good for both of us.

Keep up the modding all.
                        Happy Lash
                        It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

November Mod Squad

Hi TMH, NN and Emmy. So much for my resolve. Kept thinking about too many things, hubby got sick of my fretting and went to bed. I stayed up all night, ironed 12 shirts, did housecleaning til dawn while I listened to music and finished a bottle of white. I am very discouraged. I did yard work all morning. I don't seem to get sleepy. Very discouraged. Sometimes I think it's a real bad case of empty nest. I loved having a houseful of kids, but, as you say...excuses excuses. I'll do better today.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ToMyHealth View Post
                            Day 1 AF.

Okay, me too. I have to get over myself and get motivated. I had no AL today even though we had to go to a big wine tasting event with my husband's client. I usually have 2 AF days a week, I'll go for three this week. Given last night's royal screw up, I have to get real and do better. Hope I sleep tonight; I am still WIDE awake, even after being up all last night. I would have made a good night nurse, I guess. Best wishes to you all for a really enjoyable Saturday night.

Comment

November Mod Squad

Ok guys here is what I did tonight. We subscribe to The Big Ten Network as dh likes to follow the MN gophers and college football in general. I made dh his favorite meatloaf dinner which takes 90 min to bake. Bided my time and joined him to watch game with a normal size glass of wine but filled with ice. 45 min later I had another with mindset of 2 being my limit. Meatloaf and potatoes took a little longer than expected, poured about 1/3 glass to watch end of game. Guess what. Had one sip and gave to dh. 2 was what I planned and proud to say what I had.

You go, Crocus! Let's use the DrinkTracker and rack up some AF days! You already have 1!

TMH

Comment

Working...
                              X