Too many changes at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always start my "diets" on a Monday or the 1st of the month. I want to seriously apply myself to this program. My eventual goal is to be what I think of as a take-it-or-leave it social drinker, but I think I need to de-tox first. I've been AF before, once for 3-1/2 years, so I know I can do it, but what I could never do was just keep to a normal one or two drinks on the "weekend" only (my "weekend" is mid-week) I don't want to overwhelm myself with changes in diet, exercise, sobriety. So first things first. Don't worry about those 12 pounds. Maybe they'll just go away if I'm redirecting my energy. I'm very eager to get those hypno CDs! I realize after a few months or more everyone customizes the MWO program for themselves, but is it best to be a bit of a purist at first? I take A LOT of supplements already, so I'm wondering just how I'll be fitting in the others. Hopefully there'll be some overlap since my current regime of supps is from the Fat Flush Plan, which also focuses on liver detox.
    Anyway, AF for May is my priority.
    "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

I so can symapthize with you on this one. I'm doing everything plus quitting smoking. I have found that making little strides in all areas helps me all around. If I move to fast in one area I will through myself off balance and want to say "screw it". I am focusing on the drinking and the smoking first. I do go to the gym and workout fairly hard but I don't worry about food at the moment. I'll get my diet tweeked when I get one of the other demons under control.

-Lorelei
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Zin...I started with detox...I am 17 days AF today...guess what..have dropped 10 lbs without trying really. Energy is through the roof cause I am happy and feel like doing something for a change. Join our 30 day AF thread. You can jump in any time. We just support each other along the way. Congrats to you for starting....you will be so glad you did.

Comment

Total Overhaul

Hi

You were talking about making major changes to your lifestyle all at once. Heres my timeline.....

2001 Baby No1
        2003 Baby No2
        2005 left useless lying idle partner, still get no support from him ;o)
        lost 4 stone in weight (weight watchers points)
        2006 quit smoking (cash flow and determination in equal measure)
        2007 NOW - it's time to get the drinking under control

I have had a serious sort out in my life, but I don't think I could have done it all at once. I drink more when I'm not smoking. Must be to do with occupying idle hands.

Comment

Hi Zin,

I'd like to change everything all at once, but I'm focusing on the drink and the weight loss at the moment. I really want to tackle the smoking after that.

I'd love to try and cut out everything all at once but I find I get a bit jittery sometimes and the dreaded cigs help a bit.

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Hi Zin,
            I think you are on the right track. Everyone here has different opinions on how and when to modify the program, but I always feel like it is a good idea to be a 'purist' the first 30-35 days the way RJ has outlined it...get some good AF days in there to detox, give the topamax a try (if you are using it) and combine all of the other aspects of the program which constitutes the holistic approach. Having this community is very beneficial as well. I'm going back on the topamax today because I stopped using it about 7 months ago...stayed ABs for almost 5 months, but tried to resume moderation, unsuccessfully...back to square one for me, expect I probably won't go completely ABs right now as I know the topamax will pretty much do that job for me..or at least get me to the moderate level. When I was on the topa, I really could take the drink or leave it.

Good Luck!
            Namaste, Dianne

Comment

Hi Zin,
              I too am just starting out and am opting for all components as outlined in the book. I meet with my Dr. today and then just awaiting the arrival of supps and c'd.s I starting AF today even if I don't get my order in the mail. I'm feeling so much better just having made the decision to do 30 days AF

Comment

Working...
              X