X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive yourself

Hannah's Cupboard - Daily Devotional
    April 30, 2007

Forgive Yourself Perhaps the hardest person for you to forgive is you. I've done a couple of things in my life where I have felt that way. I've kicked myself pretty good over them. One kicking never seems enough; time goes by and I feel the need to send myself to the woodshed once again. Do you ever feel that way?

Even after we repent and seek the Lord's forgiveness - and know we have it - some of us can't seem to get past our past. God's Word tells us; "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins." (Isaiah 43:25)
    There we have it! Why isn't that enough, we ask ourselves?
    This may be some comfort and a bridge for moving on: "The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."
    (Psalm 145:14)
    God isn't just saying; "Okay, I forgive you and I'll forget about it." He's saying; "Your very act of sin brings you my special attention. As you are falling into it, I'm holding you up, I'm lifting you out of it; I'm straightening you so you can walk forward without sin."

Strange as it seems, our failings are an occasion for God's grace to abound to us. As we consider the kind of God who would demonstrate such mercy, maybe we can also lay our failings to rest and finally forgive ourselves.

Used by permission

Visit Hannah's Cupboard for much more!

Now that she's growing up, her gifts are shutting down. Are Gifts & Callings Ever Lost?
    Barbara Lardinais Hannah's Cupboard ? 2007
    email: barbara@hannahscupboard.com
    web: http://www.hannahscupboard.com

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Forgive yourself

SouthernBelle:

That was very inspirational..Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X