Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplements in the military

Hi

A friend of mine is interested in getting started with the supplements (not Topa) but he's in the military. Does anybody know if any of the following are (or convert to?) things that would test positive in a banned substances screen.
    Don't want to get him in to any trouble, he goes to the Gulf in the summer.

kudzu
    l-glutamine
    milk thistle

Thanks for your time
    xx

Damn, I've forgotten her name but there was another military person on the forum about three months back who was talking about this.... I'll see if I can find the thread.
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

nope, can't find it, sorry!

Comment

Thanks for trying anyway Flip.

I can probably get the info from the internet somewhere, but thought I'd try the lazy route first!
        Thanks again

Comment

I'm pretty sure she decided to go cold turkey - and she didn't want to go to the military Dr as she didn't want them to find out etc etc.... but surely they would want you to get sober? Perhaps your mate should just go and 'fess up and get help through the system.

F

Comment

I think the military docs choose to turn a blind eye to whatever drinking problems people may have. It's a stressful job at the moment so I guess it's a case of relax however you can.

Sober isn't an issue because there is no booze where he's going anyway (or sometimes a 2 can limit?), it's just a case of helping him out with the cravings and making the most of the forced break to help heal mind and body.

Positive mental attitude huh?

Comment

Working...
            X