PDA

View Full Version : Depression free naturally: 7 weeks to eliminating despair,anxiety, fatigue and anger

nancy
May 1st, 2007, 08:46 PM
After reading the information about Seven Weeks to Sobriety, I decided to order this other book by the same author.

It's called
Depression Free Naturally: Seven weeks to eliminating despair, anxiety, fatigue and anger from your life
Joan Matthews Larson

now, diehard AA afficionados might say i am just in denial, but i have never thought of myself as an alcoholic.

i have had anxiety and bad depression most of my life and find relief from alcohol.

this book is great-- a real eye-opener about how your diet affects your emotions.

highly recommended.

lushy
May 1st, 2007, 08:58 PM
Diet is extremely important in dictating our emotions and I know for me my desire to drink. It is hard to be consistent with healthy meals all of the time which I think is a downfall for many. I have read her other book, but not this one so I will give it a look. Thanks!

bear73
June 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM
what does she say to eat briefly - is it lots of omega oils, grains,fruit, veg and turkey?

nancy
June 24th, 2007, 09:35 AM
more about this book

She recommends advice from the book Eating right for your type.
This depends on your blood type. For example, Type B are well-adjusted to large amounts of dairy, animal protein and grain. I am not sure how scientific this is.

She does recommend avoiding sugar and suggests a low carbohydrate diet (under 75-100 grams a day) for people with hypoglycemia. This diet redu ces intake of carbohydrate triggering foods.

There is a lot of information about supplements, amino acids etc.

Tahlula
July 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Right, must get that book. I did order at the beginning of the year (from a group called Fishpond.com) - I also ordered Seven Weeks to Sobriety & some more... long story, so shall go & look on ebay, if not will have to Amazon (the post to Aust is $$$$$$)!

Tahlula
July 24th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Question on 7 Weeks

Is Seven Weeks to Sobriety about that woman who had a son who was an alchoholic, he went through detox, only to commit suicide? If not, has anyone heard of 'this book'?

Thx

T xx

trixietrack
July 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM
nancy;130762 wrote: After reading the information about Seven Weeks to Sobriety, I decided to order this other book by the same author.

It's called
Depression Free Naturally: Seven weeks to eliminating despair, anxiety, fatigue and anger from your life
Joan Matthews Larson

now, diehard AA afficionados might say i am just in denial, but i have never thought of myself as an alcoholic.

i have had anxiety and bad depression most of my life and find relief from alcohol.

this book is great-- a real eye-opener about how your diet affects your emotions.

highly recommended.
thank you so much for starting this thread. I would love to get ahold of this book. I will look it up as I found seven weeks to sobriety to be a great help along with this web site. and all of you at MWO.

Tahlula
July 27th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I have ordered from Amazon and do look forward to receiving it.