Differences in People when they drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often wondered about this one. When I first started drinking it made me very happy, I was always happy. I've noticied as the years went by though that I went through many stages of emotions; first it was feeling mellow, then happy, then excited and wanting to do something, then if someone would say something I would be so touchy and snap back at them and sometimes say mean things.

How can it turn you so much? I know some people when they drink they get cocky, others get mellow and laugh, some fall alseep right away, others fight. Lately, I know I've had enough when I get the urge to shop and think about heading to Amazon to update my DVD collection... then I pop more supps and turn off the internet, or else I have a $300 order coming my way.

Has anyone else wondered about that as well?

:thanks:

This reminds me of something I read in the book "How to Quit Drinking without AA". Author says that when we first begin drinking, in the early years, it brings this wonderful feeling. And after we get hooked, we spend a lifetime trying to get back to that feeling that booze gave us... but alas, it is never quite the same. (I feel it for about 20 minutes, after the third or fourth, maybe fifth glass, then it all goes to hell. So I drink about eight more while I get stupid, or silly, or melodramadic, or just plain sad, and always too lazy to clean the house, fix a meal, etc)

I know when I've had enough, trouble is it just makes me want more! MORE MORE MORE!
    Hugs,
    imatree

Comment

I know what you both mean when i first started drinking it helped me be more sociable because im a shy person and over the years when i drink now I get into defense mode if anyone says something wrong to me I get nasty i dont feel nice when i drink these days so I dont understand why i still continue to do it!!!!!! It brings out the worst in me like the film 'Mask' with Jim Carrey in it thats me. When i woke up in the morning I look around and see the things Ive done and carnt believe I break all my house rules when im drunk like im a completely different person all together!!!!!

Comment

I hate it when I wake up in the morning and can't remember what I said or did that night, and I have to pretend like I do. When that happens I never say a word normally about what we might have done the night before, as I don't want him to know I was that bad off. Thankfully I have been getting better, but you would think that would be a big old warning for me to stop cold turkey. Nope!

Comment

What's worse is when hubby says, "you were right what you said last night" and you think, oh, no, I said something right and I don't even remember?? How am I going to through that back in his face??

Comment

Big yes to both of those!

Comment

I used to get up in the morning and go through the trash to see what I cooked for dinner. I also learned that if you can postpone any detailed conversation and concentrate real hard you can remember a lot of it by the end of the day. And then again, my wife thought I was getting senile and just couldn't remember anything. Another thing I learned to not do is drink and dial. Calling up the preacher and making suggestions for next weeks sermon at midnight is really not something you would do sober. And then again, sometimes it was like Christmas for me. Little packages from UPS and FedEx would show up at my door and I had no Idea I had ordered them. And my Dr. asked me if I ever blacked out.:bang Sometimes I wonder how I lived this long.

Bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

MDBiker, Thank-You for your honest reply ... I too used to check out dinner from the night before. I would see the dirty plates and figure out what I had for supper.. One step further,,, I'm the only one in my family that Loves pepper, so I would see pepper on a plate and know that I ate before bed, and sometimes I wouldn't eat atall. BAD eh?
                ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

MDBiker;131353 wrote: .... Little packages from UPS and FedEx would show up at my door and I had no Idea I had ordered them. .....

Bear
                  Oh yah!! I do that. I get packages from Neiman Marcus and Horchow and I dont' even remember doing it! But it is like Christmas really..in a drunken sense of it all.

Comment

GG,I love Horchow!!!

Comment

All of the above,plus look out the window to make sure truck is ok.

Comment

simeybear;131400 wrote: GG,I love Horchow!!!
                        I am addicted to them! I have the nicest linens... serving ware, I love it all.

Comment

When I first started drinking I used to get really emotional and have a good cry. Only when I'd wake up in the morning with puffy eyes I'd think what was I crying about.

Now when I drink I get argumentative. I fine until someone says something that I don't agree with. I actually become like my dad! Aggressive and always telling others their wrong and I'm right.

And yeah....I have phoned people and told them what I think of them!!!!

Comment

MD, I'm impressed stuff made it to the garbage. Usually, all I had to do was look on the table.

Comment

Hitting the redial, the worst. Seeing what person was forced into talking to me. searching my desk for notes as I tend to doodle so I always have a clue.The look in my husband's eyes when he say "So are you still going to leave me?" Then wondering how I got thge bruises on my body, then recalling falling down the steps. Never again. I really don't even like her, wasted way to much time being her.
                              Lov
                              Mar
                              I thought I had posted this earlier but I didn't see it. So if it shows up twice, sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X