can you cut topamax pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read on here that people cut topa pills in half. I seen on there web site that they say not to do this. Anyone have problems with this. I'm asking, because my Dr gave me 25mg and then 100 mg. My schedule was to go with 25 for a week, then 50 for a week then 100 (50 and 50) then on week four 200mg (100 am. 100 pm.). This seems a bit fast for me. I only have enough of the 25mg to get to the 50mg twice a day part. I want to go slower on the titration so I'm thinking of cutting the pills. Any thoughts

Hi cloudjockey,
    I cut mine too, no probs.
    best wishes.

Comment

Hi Cloudjockey,

I cut mine too without any problems. I bought a pill splitter at the pharmacy and it works great.

Good luck.
      mombytheocean

Comment

I use a pill cutter to cut mine without a problem...there are warnings about cutting them posted in various places but it is referring to the bitterness of the pill...I have had NO PROBLEM at all...I purchased 50mg pills and when I was using 25mg I split them with a pill cutter taking the 25mg once a day...then moved up to the 50mg once a day...now I am taking have a pill in the AM and a full pill in the PM...the split pill causes no problem at all.....hope this helps.
        :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Ok thanks all, and topa is working great so far... and thank God for this site.

Comment

Yes, with a pill cutter
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
            X