Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared

Hello, everyone. I just made my first Topa order.

I was sober for 10 years, drank for another 10 years, and have now been AF for two months. The first time I quit I went to AA for a few months, which I did not like - it was a microcosm of bad social behavior - but I no longer drank nonetheless. This time I quit on my own, but the urges have been outrageous. I am tired of white-knuckling it.

So I went in search of a physician. Apparently my problem isn't serious enough. I ran into this problem in AA as well - "I sucked **** for beer money, and YOU are here cuz you drink a six-pack a day??" So I am going to help myself - with your support.

Thank you for being here. Has anyone taken Topa whilst taking Prozac?

MW

Scared

Hi MW,
    Welcome to MWO. You'll get loads of help and support here, far more than from your dr. I can't answer your prozac question but just wanted to say Hi. I'm sure someone else will answer later
    Suz
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Scared

Hello MonkeyWrassler,
      Thank you for coming here.
      I tried AA myself and didn't like it, even though a lot of people do.
      I hope you can find what you need.

Comment

Scared

Thank you!

For your welcomes. It means a lot to me to hear from you. I feel better already.

Comment

Scared

Hi MonkeyWrassler! It seems to be a thing around these boards with people having difficulties with their physicians. No matter if you have one drink a day and can't stop your physician should help you. I did the AA thing a few years ago as well and it wasn't my cup of tea. Hearing those stories over and over again, not to mention telling mine over and over again really impeded my recovery I believe. It was not a way of forgiving myself and letting go of the crap. Anyway....

You are just as worthy as anyone else to get the help you need. You know this. So you do whatever you need to do to get where you want to. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way!!!

Comment

Scared

Welcome aboard MW. It sounds to me like you are really ready to knock this thing on the head. 2 months... WOW! I hope I can be in your shoes soon.

It also sounds like Topa will help you a lot. Have you downloaded the book from this site? It's good for further inspiration!

Scooby
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Scared

Welcome Monkey Wrassler - cool name!

If beer is your poison. topa will help. I've been drinking beer since I was a kid - my dad used to give it to me as a treat. On topa, it tastes like crap.

A problem is a problem as you define it. I'm not a huge drinker, but it gets it my way, so I have a drinking problem. I want my life to be better than that.

Barb

Comment

Scared

Welcome aboard MW. I am very happy you found us. If you need to chat or anything I would be happy to help out. The folks on the board are awesome! Head over to a thread in the General Area and look for 30 Days??? A bunch of us are shooting for a 30 Day AF. Come join the fun! Lots of terrific folks very willing to help
                Hablur

Comment

Scared

Hello Monkey

I have just ordered my first topa online. I am not sure about the prozac thing but if you do some research I am sure you will find the information you need. There is heaps on the net about topa. Go easy. I am going to stick to the program ease on to the topa and take the vitimans and do the cd's. If it works how it says might as well not reinvent the wheel. Ange

Comment

Scared

Monkey,
                    BTW I love your name...LOL
                    Topa has saved me! You will love it....docs can be such butts sometimes! Glad you made this step for you.

Comment

Scared

:welcome: You've found a great place!
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                      X