Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, I Did It Again

Hello All,

Just need to vent about my idiotic behavior last night. I've been feeling horrible about it ALL day. And it's not something that I can share with the hubby because he would not understand and I don't want to face his dissapointment. I mentioned this in an earlier post. Hubby was at work so I invited friends over, picked up a couple of bottles of wine,
    a 6-pack of Red Stripe, and a delicious vegetarian pizza. We had great conversations, drank, laughed, had dinner, drank and laughed some more, and then said goodnight. My friends pretty much maintained a reasonable amount of alcohol consumption as they had to drive home. Me on the other hand, I drained a bottle of wine on my own and even had a half of glass from friend's bottle. Way to much wine! After my friends left, I got overly emotional when I couldn't find my cigs, cried, banged my head on my bedside table as I bent over to look under the bed (for the cigs), and of course, got into bed and passed out pretty quickly. I woke up at 4:30am with all of those horrible feelings I haven't felt for awhile--guilt, shame, disappointment, anxiety, and sadness. If I would have had beer instead of wine, I would have had just a few (like normal drinkers can do), but instead I plowed through the wine like it is water. Or even better yet, I could have just stuck to water or a soda. Just hating on myself right now a lot and needed to talk about to people I know will understand and not judge. I've gone in and added the next few days as AF days/0 drinks on the drinkcounter. Starting over again.
    Thanks for listening.

Julie

Oops, I Did It Again

Aww Julie. All I can say is I KNOW how you feel. I have no other words other than I understand and I know you feel like crap and you will learn from this.............My best to you!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Oh Julie...I know the feeling too...wake-up have the bumps, bruise, scratches..>AND I have NO idea whre the ehck they came from. Could have been better...but could have been worse, right? start over!!!

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

You'll be fine

julie, don't worry about it. You'll be fine. I failed miserably twice, and beat myself up pretty bad when I came back to reality, but after a couple sober days, I'm my old self already. Once you get through the hangover, you'll feel great again. Just look at it as a reminder of why you arent going to drink. Yes, it sucks you feel horrible, but it won't last that long. And, nobody here is going to hold it against you. Don't feel bad in anyway about having to "start over." You NEVER stopped. I wouldn't consider what you did stopping what you were trying to accomplish. A little screw up, no big deal. Also, I agree about the wine. I was never a big wine drinker, but for one time. My roomate would buy those huge jugs, I think they are at least a gallon. One time, I ran out of beer, and pounded 3/4 of the thing in no time. Goes down way to easy. Needless to say, I don't remember much after that. Get better julie. You know the routine. Water, food (nothing to heavy), vitamins, and rest. Oh, and be good to yourself. No sense on dwelling on the past.
        where does this go?

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hey, I noticed

that in your heading, you had the purple sad face, but under your mood, you said happy. What are these games you are playing here woman? :H
          where does this go?

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

I forget about that mood thingy. Just changed it. Now it matches my mood (hopefully only for the rest of today).

Julie

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Oh Julie... Morrison is right... you will feel better tomorrow.

The way you are feeling and what you've expressed here will be such a big reminder to you for down the track. The thing is, is that you are actively seeking to moderate and largely succeeding at achieving your goals. Think of it this way; it took so long to build up a drinking way of life that it's not surprising that it'll take a while to really get a grip on it.

You needn't talk to your hubby about it... you haven't done anything wrong... all that's happened is that you've gone over what you intended to drink and there is no crime or punishment (apart from self punishment) in that.

Be kind to yourself. Aspro clear, lots of water and maybe a nice bath with lavender or something.

Big hugs coming my way.. I mean your way (from me)

Bernie
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Julie, sorry it went to badly. Morrison says it best. Just take some vitamins, don't beat yourself up, drink lots of water and tomorrow is a new day:h
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Be good to yourself Julie, it was just one night. Think of today as a 'do-over'.

Chin up girl, you're number 1 in our books.

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hi Julie,

I can't add to the great advise others have already given you. Just wanted to say I understand and I'm thinking of you (can definately relate to the head banging!) . Hope you feel better soon.

Kitty
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                    Confucius

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hey Julie, were you doing what I do ? When your friends left replaying everything that happened during the course of the evening in your head. Like I shouldn't have said that or I wonder what they meant by that, and so an so looked at me weird. Felt panicked and tried to drink it away, I used to do it all the time have people over it went well, but afterwards pick it apart get smashed because I had convinced myself it was a failure. Today is new, I don't know of anyone who gets though this journey without a few tumbles. You recognise it, and your here today ready to start again. That to quote Martha "Is a Good Thing"
                      hugs
                      mary

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hi Julie,

Look how things have changed.

Think of all those times in the past you would have just brushed this off as a "normal" night.

Think how far you've come!

Much love

Gem x
                        Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

it could have been anyone of us julie at least you are trying to cut down dont hate yourself you havent killed anyone(have you?) we will all get there in the end, anyway on the bright side veggies from your pizza and grapes from the wine at least youre getting your fruit and veg!!!!

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hi Julie,
                            You are doing OK. It was a blip in the middle of the right path, not just another night on the wrong path.
                            Don't beat your self up abput it or let the furniture beat you up either !! (bedside table???)

Luv, Angellina
                            Just believe - that's all you have to do

:lilangel:

Comment

Oops, I Did It Again

Hello everyone. Now that the hangover has subsided, I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks for your posts--definitely helped put me back into the right frame of mind. Onward...

Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X